Any situation, time limitation or dead-line (for example doing your homework, project, assignment, sending files to your instructor, emails, practices, etc.) would not overwrite this policy or accept as justification to ignore this policy.
All students must ensure that every computing device they use follow the following requirement.
• Protective Software: All Computing Devices require to have a protective software installed and is updated regularly. Use of Anti Viruses, Anti Malware, and Firewall (on any device possible) is required and mandatory for all personal computers.
• Password Protection: All Computing Devices require password protection to login to devices
• Log out and Automatic Login: Automatic Login has to be disabled, and automatic log out with password protection and or password enable screen-saver must be enable and activated to log-out the user or lock the computer or device after a period of inactivity ( suggestion is 5 to 10 minutes maximum) which followed by password requirement to unlock the device
• Strong Password Rule: Following password rules has to be in use with any computer or devices (if it not possible due to device firmware or operation system “An...
... middle of paper ...
...fected device. If you become aware of such an event took place, you have to report to first available Seneca’s network supervisor and any person that may affected directly by such an event, like your classmates or professors who received an email or files during the time your computer were infected.
• Negligent and Carelessness: Do not leave your computing devices unattended in any place unless you are sure it is secure, and you are logged-out or lock your devices. This has included your friend’s house, work place, library, classrooms and any other supervised or unsupervised place. Do not let other people like your friends or guest use your computers and account for their personal use, but if you have to do it, have a guest account and supervise the person activity. Remember you are the person responsible and held accountable as well for negligent and ignoring policy
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Would I use Open Source Software over free commercial software. Before considering the use of open source software for a business, I think it must be considered whether I would use open source software and why; these reasons, or similar ones, might apply to the business environment. While I mainly use commercial software packages, I do also use open source software programs, namely Firefox. The reason I use Firefox as my default browser over IE or Chrome is because of the customization options that is available.... [tags: Computer Software]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- • Star Office was created by a German company in 1984, in August 1999 Star Division was bought out by Sun. Star Office standards works well with many Linux distributions and it is free. Star Office is formally shareware and because of this it required a registration number, Sun provides a generic license, this product is very similar to the earlier version of Microsoft Office, it provides a Star Desktop that is similar to Windows 95 screen and the start button. Star Office doesn’t have the same examples and wizards as Microsoft products.... [tags: Software]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- 1. WHAT IS A SOFTWARE. Programs are set of instructions and software is set of programs that enable a computer to perform specific tasks. There are two kinds of software one is application software another is system software. Application software- these are the software designed for the user side. System software- software like operating system are called system software. Following report is focused on application software. We will be demonstrating the testing on application software. Software designed for e-learning.... [tags: Software testing, Integration testing]
5240 words (15 pages)
- Relentless innovation in the way businesses apply computing power to automate business processes has translated into incredible gains in just a few short decades. These innovations have had positive influence in the models used by businesses for delivering software applications to their users. The software application delivery models have evolved over the years starting with the on-premises application delivery whereby application software was installed and operated on a computer located on the premises of the software licensee, rather than at a remote facility.... [tags: Application software, Computer software]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- Purpose of the document This document is intended for the audience to understand Use Case Points and the use of the same for measuring and tracking the progress of Delivery in Software Projects. This document also communicates the advantages and disadvantages of the approach as well. Introduction Companies invest heavily on application development in order to stay competitive .The software spending by companies on an average has risen from 32% to 60% of the total IT investment .However, the software organizations worldwide which are involved in application development and delivery ,still rely on input based metrics(time and material) to measure software delivery .The issue with the same... [tags: Information technology, software, technology]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- Fundamentals of Software Engineering Introduction: The first usage of term 'software engineering' was in 1968 at a meeting held to discuss the issue that was called software crisis at that time. This crisis was the basic reason to develop a new concept which was called later software engineering. Software systems that were developed before applying the software engineering concepts were not appropriate enough for customers and companies. As a result, software engineering has taken a place in developing large systems.... [tags: Software]
2526 words (7.2 pages)
- Issues Raised by Use of Turnitin Plagiarism Detection Software This past week, I worked with a couple of other members of the Writing Department at GVSU to prepare a position statement on plagiarism detection software. GVSU only recently acquired a subscription to Turnitin, and myself and the other teachers were concerned that teachers in other disciplines would be unware of the issues surrounding plagiarism detection services. The following is the full text of the statement which has been distributed on our campus.... [tags: Plagiarism Detection Software]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- A help desk is a resource that a majority of companies use today. Help desks are designed to provide users with information and assistance for technical support of hardware or software. Many help desks involve a support person working to assist customers to solve a problem directly or forward the problem to someone else. Often, services are provided by call centers or over the Internet. This paper will review three help desk software packages: Aegis Service Desk, which is local software, CRMdesk, which is remotely hosted, and, ReadyDesk which is completely web based. Local help desk software is software that requires local in... [tags: Technology Software]
1393 words (4 pages)
- Spy Software Summary Spy software, or spyware, is software that records information and or activity on a computer and then sends the information to the person or company that installed it. While these programs have been around since the early days of Windows, there has been a recent wave of newer applications of them. The newer programs far outstrip their predecessors in what they do, who installs them, and how they are used. So what exactly do these programs do, who installs them, and should they be a cause for concern.... [tags: Computers Technology Software Essays]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- SOFTWARE A set of instructions that directs a computer's hardware to perform a task is called a program, or software program. Software comprises the entire set of programs, procedures, and routines associated with the operation of a computer system. The two main types of software are system software and application software. System software controls a computer's internal functioning, chiefly through an operating system , and also controls such peripherals as monitors, printers, and storage devices.... [tags: Computer Technology Software]
1664 words (4.8 pages)