Nigeria’s power production capacity does not meet the country’s demand for power , leading to poor power availability and frequent power interruptions in most parts of the country. Nigerians have resorted to producing their own power, and for this reason, there is a high usage of gasoline powered electric generators in the country. Most Nigerian households also use battery powered inverter systems that charge up from the grid or generator as backup . However, the operation of electric generators and separate inverters is complicated. There is the need to constantly remember to turn off the generator at night before going to bed, for fire safety reasons (there has been several reported fatal fire incidents caused by gasoline generators). For households with inverter systems, there is also the added hassle of switching back and forth from generator, inverter to mains. Moreover, electric generators (gasoline/diesel) are notoriously inefficient when not operated at rated load. The nature of household power demand is often intermittent, which means that generators are not run at rated load most of the time, leading to fuel wastage.
Rasoph Green will design, manufacture and sell the iGen®, a compact 2.5kVA hybrid battery, inverter and generator power unit, with internet o...
... middle of paper ...
...technology officer for a startup mobile operator that ended up ranking third in a market of five operators, I have acquired and honed pertinent entrepreneurial skills that I believe are essential for successfully driving a startup such as Rasoph Green to capture the full value presented by the existing market opportunities within the most optimal time frame. Moreover, I am a hands on person and have previously designed and built electronics gadgets such as weather satellite receivers, phase-locked loop synthesized receivers, power inverters and embedded systems. I graduated with honors in electrical engineering, and I am currently an MBA student at the University of New Brunswick. I also work with a team of experienced engineers based in Nigeria, and a business mentor who has over twenty years’ experience in the energy, engineering, and information technology fields.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
The Simulation and Design of an Intelligent Regenerative energy management system (IEMS) for electric vehicle
- Statement of Research problem Fossil fuel vehicles have been identified as one of the main causes of some environmental problems, and the global initiatives is to eradicate greenhouse gas emissions. One way of achieving this goal is replacing conventional petrol/diesel vehicles with electric driven vehicles. However, the launch, commercialisation and consumer acceptance of Electric Vehicles (EV) has been hindered by range anxiety. Nevertheless, in taking advantage of newly developed means of energy regeneration with an intelligent energy management system, environmental issues as well as Range-ability issues could be solved with little or no additional cost.... [tags: renewable energy, green, environmentalism]
3382 words (9.7 pages)
- The Green Revolution began during the 1970s and 1980s, in an attempt to increase the nutrition in food crops and to make species of food crops more uniform and robust. Scientists developed strains of hybrid plants, such as wheat, rice, and maize that quantitatively produced more food that was of better quality. This research was led by Dr. Norman Borlaug in Mexico and others under the sponsorship of the Rockefeller Foundation during the 1960s. There were several techniques that the scientists used to help increase yield and appearance of crops.... [tags: agriculture, green revolution, hybrid plants]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- Regular Ford Hybrid repair service is important for your Ford hybrid car; however, you should make sure that you take it to the right place for that service. Ford hybrid cars are among the most advanced hybrid cars on the market. Ford has invested significantly in the development of top quality hybrid systems and powertrains for its hybrid cars. The hybrid features that Ford has installed in its hybrid cars are unique to those in most other hybrid cars, and because of that, it is wise to only have your Ford hybrid car repaired by certified, Ford hybrid car technicians.... [tags: Plug-in hybrid, Automobile, Catalytic converter]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- If you listen to the car companies, hybrid cars are the best invention since sliced bread. While there are many reasons to buy a hybrid car, including a new tax incentive for US owners, it doesn't hurt to have a good understanding of how they work. This article explores the myths, benefits and drawbacks of owning one of these new "green" vehicles. Are hybrid cars really more cost effective. What is a hybrid car. Basically, it's a normal, fuel efficient car that has two motors an electric motor and a gasoline powered motor.... [tags: Hybrid Automobiles Cars]
1191 words (3.4 pages)
- To hybrid or not to hybrid, that is the question Hybrid electric cars are the wave of the future. At this point, the human race does not really have a choice anymore: we must act now to prevent further warming of our planet. With global warming graduating from theory to fact, and in the wake of some of the most devastating storms our civilized world has ever seen, I strode into a nearby Honda dealership to see what kind of advancements are being made in the Hybrid electric vehicle field. Keeping in mind what a typical college student might be looking for in a car: pleasing aesthetics, affordability and low maintenance cost, I present you my findings on the Honda Civic LX, compared with the... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- Want to buy a hybrid car. Consider the facts. You may be correct in thinking that you should buy a hybrid car or SUV, but are you thinking you need it for the right reasons. Kevin Ransom’s article “Reasons to buy a hybrid – or not” updated on CNN’s website in January 28, discusses many aspects consumers should consider when thinking about buying a hybrid vehicle. He makes good points, but he needs some better ones to convince me. Ransom is making an argument with plenty of statistics for buying a hybrid and trying at the same time to give you somewhat of a counterargument against buying a hybrid.... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
1373 words (3.9 pages)
- These cars operate from a rechargeable battery and gasoline. The engines are smaller so that they will be able to accommodate the 99% of time when the car is not going uphill or accelerating quickly. The battery is used to give extra acceleration power if needed. When the car is stopped, hybrid gasoline motors can shut off and run off their electric motor and battery. These cars are aerodynamic and the tires are often stiffer and inflated higher to reduce dragging. According to a November 16, 2004 article written in the parents magazine, hybrid cars are no different from the gas powered car.... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
1469 words (4.2 pages)
- 1 Introduction A healthy and prosperous society is based on a healthy and prosperous economy. And during the last century, following the economic growth, the social networks expansion and the geographic dispersion of economic activities, transport became the spinal column of commercial and industrial interaction. The capacity of individuals as well as firms to exchange goods and services became crucial not only for economic purposes but also for better life quality. Unfortunately, the drawback effects of transport have an important impact on the natural and human environments on one hand, and on the growing fuel consumption accompanying the current oil crisis on another hand.... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
2003 words (5.7 pages)
- Toyota: Driving the Mainstream Market to Purchase Hybrid Electric Vehicles In 1957 Toyota introduced its first vehicle to the American market, the Toyopet Crown. The small, fuel efficient vehicle had seen much success in Japan, but did not fare as well in the U.S. market. With relatively inexpensive gas available in the United States, the American consumer saw no need for a reliable, fuel efficient vehicle manufactured by a foreign auto company. In its first venture into the U.S. market Toyota learned some valuable lessons; auto manufacturers must align their vehicles with customer needs and a high quality product does not always succeed in the market.... [tags: Hybrid Cars Automobiles]
1826 words (5.2 pages)
- Field Experience Report Hybrid Cars The world population is increasing at a massive rate and with the increase in population growth more space is needed for building houses, roads, schools, hospitals, etc. “The world's population will rise from 6.5 billion to 9.1 billion by 2050, according to a United Nations survey released Thursday. Much of the growth will take place in the least-developed countries, where a high rate of mortality is outweighed by an even higher rate of fertility. Their current collective population of 800 million is projected to swell to 1.7 billion in 2050.” (Wald) Human population growth can be seen as having a major impact on the environment as human activities are i... [tags: Gasoline Electric Hybrid Automobiles]
1815 words (5.2 pages)