Graphic design is a field of interdisciplinary exploration encompassing the study of divergent topics which includes visual arts, language, communications, aesthetics and computer technology. Graphic design extensively relies on language, icons, visual media and perspectives to convey aesthetic or creative content across media. The basic activity involves linguistic narrative and typography. In the modern era digital technology and software has become preeminent in this field.
Graphic Design has found a new arena in the creative activity across emerging fields in electronic media and internet. Consequently the field of graphic design is geared for some major growth prospects. Newspapers, magazines, advertising and books have been the field of traditional activity involving graphic design.
Graphic design is a field of human–computer interaction. This interaction is made possible via the user interface of the device. The user interface (UI) can be defined as the space where these interactions take place. The purpose of the UI IS to manage effective control of the machine. Moreover the machine provides simultaneous feeds back on the human activity. This real time feedback aids the human operators in decision-making.
UI is a broad concept which includes the interactive aspects of hand tools, machines, process controls and computer operating systems. Considerations in UI design aims to makes it intuitive (self-explanatory), enjoyable, efficient and user-friendly so that the machine is operated to produce desired results. This means that the desired output should be given with minimal input. Thus a good UI optimizes human activity. The creation of successful UI involve disciplines as psychology and ergonomics...
... middle of paper ...
...creates and communicates concepts visually. The ideas inform, inspire and enamor consumers. Consequently the graphic designers design and develop the production for applications including advertising, brochures, reports, magazines and corporate literature.
Graphic designers are effectively employed by media and publishing houses, film and television industry, IT firms and political parties
Graphic designers can easily work in an independent setting or develop own entrepreneurial projects. Designers with ample experience and experience can work as Photographer, Fine artist, Art and Creative Directors, Industrial Designers, Technical Writers and Multimedia specialist.
A degree in graphic design facilitates work in a number of profiles. These fields belong to media, advertising, films and art. Such profiles include Illustrator, Animator, Graphic designer and UX designer.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- During my whole life and experience I have been interested in the Art, Creativity, and I have been traveling around Graphics Designing. When I go out to centres, supermarkets, the high streets around Kingston anywhere in London, Germany and other parts of Europe which I have seen. I have seen lots of Graphics designs in advertising, Billboards companies for example in electronical products or any type of product the graphics advertising companies running around the world, just because of that I was inspired in the graphics designing and I was influence by the subject.... [tags: personal statement, career choices]
1749 words (5 pages)
- Many do not consider where images they see daily come from. A person can see thousands of different designs in their daily lives; these designs vary on where they are placed. A design on a shirt, an image on a billboard, or even the cover of a magazine all share something in common with one another. These items all had once been on the computer screen or on a piece of paper, designed by an artist known as a graphic designer. Graphic design is a steadily growing occupation in this day as the media has a need for original and creative designs on things like packaging or the covers of magazines.... [tags: Graphic design, Design, Computer]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- The big bright light people see all over New York City with amazing designs in them showing magnificent colors and pattern that just leaves one to wonder how do they make these amazing works of art all around the world. The answer is graphic design, they make some of the most amazing pictures and designs you can only see once in your life. They know how to bring people in and get their attention just with colors and the way they blend into one extravagant piece of art. These pieces of brilliant art take time to make just to bring people close enough to know what it is trying to say.... [tags: Graphic design, Design, Communication design]
1264 words (3.6 pages)
- The sole purpose of graphic design is the communication of a message and idea through art and graphics. Its beginnings can be traced back from the first cave paintings in Lascaux, France, to the hieroglyphs of the Egyptian culture, and eventually to the introduction of print and digital mediums. For an ancient practice that has turned into a massive industry, it is troubling to see that according to a poll question that was conducted in 2012, about 93% of graphic designers agreed to the statement that the graphic design industry is in bad shape and do not know where the discipline is headed (Tortorella).... [tags: Graphic design, Design, Typography]
2095 words (6 pages)
- Introduction Graphics are art works that emanate from visual statement, which are reproduced on surfaces either as pottery, canvas, landscape, stone, paper and computer screen. I other graphics include creations such as logos, symbols, charts, signs and drawings. Graphic design has been in existence for a long time as a professional art and has been widely used in areas such as advertisements, websites and other publications such as magazines (Clifford 13). Like other art works, graphic design has undergone numerous progress and drastic transformations, conceptually and technically.... [tags: Graphic design, Advertising, Typography, Art]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- As a Graphic Design major I will admit that at first I did not think a drawing class was something necessary to create a successful foundation towards a design career. Now looking back I can realize just how inaccurate my thoughts were, drawing is not only valuable but also fundamental to creating a lucrative path as a graphic designer. As someone who 9 times out of 10 will stick to creating a work of art on the computer, putting pen to paper was something very new and intimidating to me. As class progressed I became more comfortable and began to develop many crucial skills that have already began to help me in my graphic design projects, such as understanding forms and space, the understan... [tags: Graphic design, Design, Drawing, Illustration]
945 words (2.7 pages)
- It is common knowledge that graphic design works parallel to false advertising. Consumers are exposed to a multitude of brands every day, each with the purpose to manipulate or convince the population into buying or supporting their products (Holland 2001. 3); it this competitive field that has led to deception within the media. The term False Advertising is applied to this situation, where deceptive information can lead to consumption and beliefs that “may not occur without the influence of the ad” (Xie 2015, 281).... [tags: Graphic design, Advertising, Typography, Design]
1066 words (3 pages)
- Jan Tschichold Kristen Bennett Southern Illinois University Edwardsville Abstract Graphic Design has evolved over the years from an early form of printmaking, to the 21st century method of using programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, and more. Graphic Design has been used in marketing and advertisement, logos and branding, web design, motion graphics, etc. Graphic Designers from the 1920s and 30s have a unique style where shapes, sans serifs, and photos are utilized in a design.... [tags: Typography, Graphic design, Design]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Where is graphic design today. Since the research in the project had compared how graphic design had moved from being handcrafted artisans making early advertisements to a more technical industry in visual design . In general Graphic Design history and contemporary design is a large gray area. To understand Graphic Design is to accept that there are multiple influences that occur at the same time. In order to avoid being misdirected is to accept there are multiple influences. Graphic Design has been the center critical debate about not only what is design, but how design differs from advertising or fine art or architecture.... [tags: Graphic design, Design, Communication design]
710 words (2 pages)
- The Things About Graphic design’s Job There have so many jobs in design field, however, the most student which learning in design areas choose Graphic Design as their own career at present. Not only it has a stable income, but also it is the job with full of individual creative activity, and easy to find for designer. So it is great for the man in Art and person who have some kind sense of design. Basically, “Graphic designers create the visual presentation and design of goods, from gravestone markers to detergent boxes, from album covers to dog food cans”; (The guide of Graphic Design Career, Feb 1, 2001) As this job, the top responsibility is prepares visual presenta... [tags: Graphic design, Typography, Graphic designer]
1097 words (3.1 pages)