Some of the activities that display Claudia as a womanist activist are the manners in which she had volunteered to serve the society and be an activist; her intentions were to attain her goals through the Marxism theories of Karl Marx. She engaged in distinct anti-imperialist politics, which contributed to her being positioned as the ‘left of Karl Marx’. Her commitment to the society is displayed by the work done by Buzz Johnson where he remembers her as the mother of activism and Marxism. The author asserts that the politics of Claudia and her activities are a thing that someone cannot avoid to marvel about.
Another aspect that makes Claudia fit well within the description of Karl Marx is the fact that once she left high school she joined menial jobs and started engaging in activities that were intended to redeem women. In addition, she got involved in activities that were of political nature and ...
... middle of paper ...
...as much determined that not even a deportation or imprisonment could not make her loose her focus. She is so much liked by the society since whenever she formed a group, she always found members to work with and help her attain the intended mission. Another thing about her is that she was much intertwined with Karl Marx’s Marxism theories such that, they had been inscribed on her tombstone making those who went to pay homage to her feel that they were in touch with Karl Marx.
Davies, Carole Boyce. Left of Karl Marx: The Political Life of Black Communist Claudia Jones. Durham: Duke University Press, 2007.
Howard, Walter T. "Reviewed work(s): Left of Karl Marx: The Political Life of Black Communist Claudia Jones." Journal of American Ethnic History 29, no. 2 (2010): 113-114.
Taylor, Jeremy. "Excavating Claudia." CBR Archive 1, no. 16 (2008): 12-34.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Karl Marx, in the Capital, developed his critique of capitalism by analyzing its characteristics and its development throughout history. The critique contains Marx’s most developed economic analysis and philosophical insight. Although it was written in 1850s, its values still serve an important purpose in the globalized world and maintains extremely relevant in the twenty-first century. Karl Marx’s critique of political economy provides a scientific understanding of the history of capitalism. Through Marx’s critique, the history of society is revealed.... [tags: Karl Marx]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- Biography of Karl Marx Karl Heinrich Marx was a German philosopher, social scientist, and revolutionist whose writings formed the beginning of the basic ideas known as Marxism. Although he was largely disregarded by scholars in his own lifetime, his social, economic and political ideas gained rapid acceptance in the socialist movement after his death. With the help of Friedrich Engels, Karl Marx created much of the theory of socialism and communism that we know today. Karl Marx was born in Trier, Germany, on May 5, 1818 to Hirshel and Henrietta Marx.... [tags: Karl Marx Biographies Essays]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- Biography of Karl Marx Only in the course of the world’s history can a person born over a hundred years ago be as famous today as they were back then. Karl Marx is one person that fits this category. He paved the way for people of the same political background as his own. Marx’s ideas were unique and started uproar all over Europe. Marx helped write the Communist Manifesto one of the most important pieces of literature on Communism ever written. At one time people feared Communism as a power, which prompted Marx to write the Communist Manifesto and explain his ideas.... [tags: Biographies Karl Marx Essays]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- Karl Marx's Life and Work As a German philosopher, a politician, and an important figure within the Communist League, Karl Heinrich Marx birthed a new way of looking at things through his beliefs, ideas, and writings. Karl Marx was considered to be “…certainly one of the most important minds of modern times”(1). He wanted to know more about philosophy, so that he might understand the political and social system better. http://csf.colorado.edu/mirrors/marxists.org/archive/marx/photo/index.htm On May 5th, 1818, in Trier, Karl Marx was born of Heinrich and Henrietta Marx in the German Rhineland.... [tags: Karl Marx Biography Biographies Essays]
1462 words (4.2 pages)
- Biography of Karl Marx Karl Marx was a professional intellectual and philosopher. Throughout Marx's life, chance meetings with other professional intellectuals and philosophers helped guide Marx to his final destination. Although Marx died in March of 1883, some 122 years ago, his theories are still being studied, and in some cases, used in some governments. In his lifetime Marx explored many different social settings and groups. His final accumulation of work can be found in his Communist Manifesto, which he co-authored with Fredrick Engels.... [tags: Karl Marx Communism biographies Essays]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- Karl Marx Karl Marx was the greatest thinker and philosopher of his time. His views on life and the social structure of his time revolutionized the way in which people think. He created an opportunity for the lower class to rise above the aristocrats and failed due to the creation of the middle class. Despite this failure, he was still a great political leader and set the basis of Communism in Russia. His life contributed to the way people think today, and because of him people are more open to suggestion and are quicker to create ideas on political issues.... [tags: Karl Marx Biography Essays]
2015 words (5.8 pages)
- Religious Controversy During the Time of Karl Marx Religion in Europe before and during 1848, the year the Communist Manifesto was written, was full of trials and tribulations. This is not a new thing for religion, ever since the creation of religion there has been problems. Religion is the one uncertainty that has caused disputes even wars in the past and in the present. Religion is discussed briefly in the Communist Manifesto. However, There is enough content about religion to see Karl Marx’s views on the matter but he does not go into depth on those views.... [tags: Karl Marx Religious Essays]
1366 words (3.9 pages)
- Biography of Karl Marx 15Karl Marx was born on May 5, 1818 to Heinrich and Henrietta Marx in the historical city of Trier. Karl was one of seven children raised within a comfortable middle class home provided by his father. Marx’s father worked as a counselor-at-law at the High-Court of Appeal in Trier. David McClellan believes that, “Trier first imbued Marx with his abiding passion for history.”1 Although the Marx family was linked to a long lineage of Jewish ancestry, Heinrich converted his family to Protestantism in order to keep his position at the courthouse.... [tags: Karl Marx Biographies Essays]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Biography of Karl Marx Few names evoke as strong a response as Karl Marx. Some consider him a genius and a prophet, while others see only evil in his ideas. Everyone agrees that Marx stands among the social thinkers with the greatest impact on the world's people. There are many people who pass into and out of our lives. It is those great people that are remembered forever. One great person is Karl Marx. He is an extraordinary person that has changed and shaped the way of the future. Marx had many great experiences and achievements throughout his lifetime for which he is remembered.... [tags: biographies Biography Karl Marx Essays]
1574 words (4.5 pages)
- Most people think of communism as a bad thing. Karl Marx would disagree. He formed the basic ideas of communism in his writings. He argued that communism was the eventual government that formed out of many unsuccessful governments. Many modern communists either use his ideas or use parts of his ideas to form their own. Karl Marx is the true father of communism. Marx was born in Trier, Prussia on May 5, 1818 (Beales). His family was Jewish, but his father converted the family to Protestantism when Marx was born.... [tags: Biography Communism Marx]
1108 words (3.2 pages)