Like adults, students many times become overwhelmed and stressed about the things in their daily life. Like anything can, pressure can build up quite quickly, quite easily For both adults and teens, many report stress has a direct negative impact on simple everyday activities like eating, sleeping and exercising. Stress is mainly known as a state of mental or emotional strain or tension. Stress was created and developed into something that wasn 't supposed to be negative. Today though it has evolved into something much worse. Stress puts so much pressure on a person 's mental health that they almost can 't handle it. They’re body starts to “shut down” and it slowly starts to get worse as more stressful things come up. Str...
... middle of paper ...
...seem as all it does is cause stress and pressure but homework cannot be eliminated altogether. For some high school students, students are given a “study hall” once weekly. I believe students should be given the chance to have even more than that. Instead of having one long study hall every week, I think students should be given two shorter ones throughout the week last hour so students have the chance to get there needed homework done before their extra curricular sports/activities and before going home. That way when students come home for the evening they can enjoy it with family instead of spending hours on end during homework.
Despite the challenges that come with being a high school student and dealing with sleep deprivation stress, the good news is it can be fixed. Say bye bye to to stress and say hello to help. With the steps mentioned, students can finally
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Why do young adults believe that they need to rely on other young adults to make them feel accepted in society. Young adults have always had a difficult time learning how to fit into society today. Many young adults turn to other teens to make them feel popular or accepted. Peer pressure has become a huge factor in many young adult’s lives. Teens tend to turn to drugs or alcohol because all of their friends are smoking or drinking also. Peer pressure has caused many teenagers to follow the wrong path, but it has also impacted teenager’s lives in positive ways as well.... [tags: Adolescence, Young adult, Tobacco smoking]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Why do young adults believe that they need to follow the actions of other young adults to make them feel accepted in society. Because young adults have always had a difficult time learning how to fit into society, many young adults turn to other teens to make them feel popular or accepted. Unfortunately, peer pressure has become a huge factor in many young adult’s lives. Some teens tend to turn to drugs or alcohol because many of their friends are smoking or drinking also. In addition, peer pressure causes many teenagers to follow the wrong path, but it also impacted teenager’s lives in positive ways.... [tags: Adolescence, Young adult, Peer pressure]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Although the media has a huge impact on young adults, family life does as well. A child’s parents are their first agent of socialization and the relationship they form with their parents and the dynamics the experience in the household, will also shape their adolescent years. Storksen, Roysamb, Holmen, and Tambs (2006) investigated the effects parental divorce has on adolescents and its correlation to depression and suicide. They discovered that when a parental unit was to separate and end their relationship, there was an increase of behavioral problems as the teenagers were distressed and anxious (Storksen et al, 2006).... [tags: Suicide, Bipolar disorder]
1666 words (4.8 pages)
- Stress comes to me way too often and for sure impacts my health. I know for a fact that any amount of stress is bad for my health. When I was in the eighth grade, age 14, I was diagnosed with the virus shingles. Shingles is a viral infection that most commonly infects older adults and is caused mostly by intense stress. This was very rare for someone my age and the doctor could not believe that I was impacted with stress at such a young age so severely. Since then I have been cautious about doing certain things and I believe it has impacted my life.... [tags: Stress, Anxiety, Infection, English-language films]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- PREVELENCE Alcohol abuse has always been prevalent in our culture, and many other cultures; however, now teens are abusing alcohol. Alcohol consumption has increased gradually over the last few decades, with alcohol consumption peaking at young adulthood ranging from the ages eighteen to twenty-four years. More than fifty percent of past year drinking males, and approximately forty-five percent of females in this age group are consuming above the recommend daily levels (Smart, 2016). This section will study the differential prevalence between adults and adolescence.... [tags: Drinking culture, Alcoholic beverage, Adolescence]
2326 words (6.6 pages)
- In today’s society, it is rare to come across someone who is not on at least one social networking site, whether it be on the most popular Facebook site, or on one of the other billion online networking sites. What began as a source for young adults has now become well-liked with far younger ages, In fact there are “. . . over 7.5 million children younger than 13 are on Facebook . . . ” (Graber). With each day social networks popularity increases, and the immediate result seem excellent. Each of these sites gives a vast amount of options of what to post, from a simple status update that might tell the users ' friends what he/she are doing, or feeling, to what movie, music, restaurants, and e... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, Twitter]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- employers seek when choosing a candidate. It is therefore necessary for young adults seeking employment to be taught and learn these skills along with their qualifications obtained to increase their employability chances. Learning for young adults does not stop after gaining employment. Within the job they will be constantly learning and knowledge building whether the young adults have or have not been through post-secondary education. Therefore the young adult’s attitude and motivation to learn while on the job is also another important aspect the young adults must pose.... [tags: Education, University, Higher education, Student]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- It had been a long week at school. I arrive on Friday morning feeling awful. Thankfully, there were only seven more dreadful hours until I was done. The second the 8th period bell rang, I quickly grabbed my belongings from my locker and got into the comfort of my car. I was driving with the heat on medium, the music on low volume, and both hands on the steering wheel. The next thing I know, I felt a heavy thump as my car had drifted into the rear driver-side door of a Toyota Sienna in the lane to my left.... [tags: Sleeping Disorder, Car Crashes]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- An eight page paper due by Monday at 11:59pm, a test Tuesday morning at 8:15am, working 26 hours at your part time job in a week, having to declare a major before the semester ends, still trying to figure out how to live without mom and dad, being involved with a campus ministry, and maintaining a healthy relationship with your boyfriend of 9 months. These are just a few examples of what an adolescent experiences while emerging adulthood, the question is, is there a correlation between stress on a young adult and putting him or her at high risks for physical or mental health.... [tags: Suicide, Psychology, Family, Young adult]
1519 words (4.3 pages)
- REPAIRING A NATION POSTTRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER IN KUWAIT THESIS: Studies made by experts found after the liberation of Kuwait following the Gulf War of 1991 that most children who were inside the country experienced undesirable emotions simultaneously which brought out more abnormal behaviors. INTRODUCTION In the oppressively hot summer of 1990 the second of August to be exact, people were sleeping peacefully in their homes. It was a Thursday morning and most Kuwaitis had left the country on holiday.... [tags: Post-traumatic stress disorder, PTSD]
2268 words (6.5 pages)
- The Strategies Employers Help Employees Achieve Work Life Balance Well Dependent On The Type Of Company And The Resources
- Medical Insurance Is It Really Necessary
- How Technology Affects Our Lives
- The Growing Epidemic Of Obesity
- Drinking Age : A Big Lesson About Manages And Controls Illegal Products
- Too Revealing Or Not At All?