Accounting practices of a building budget are called GAAP; general accepted accounting principles (Brimley, Verstengen, Garfield, 2012). These practices are adopted by all school agencies in order to spend revenue the most effective and efficient way. Another goal is to make the money go as far as possible, therefore it is important to have a committee, team, and well researched established plan. “Schools can not achieve their instructional goals without the wise expenditure of public funds” (Brimley, Verstengen, Garfield, 2012, pg. 304). The principles include accuracy, completeness and timeline, simplicity, and uniformity of the accounting system (Brimley, Verstengen, Garfield, 2012). In every dist...
... middle of paper ...
...e Bottom Line. American School Board Journal, 195(5), 46-51.
Brimley, V., Verstengen, D. A., and Garfield, R. R. (2012). Financing Education in a Climate of
Change (11th ed). Boston: Pearson
Eadie, D. (2007). Building a Budget. American School Board Journal, 194(5), 50-51.
NCES. (2011, March). Projections of Education Statistics to 2019 - Introduction to Projection
Methodology: Elementary and Secondary Enrollment. Projections of Education Statistics to 2019 - Introduction to Projection Methodology: Elementary and Secondary Enrollment. Retrieved February 23, 2014, from http://nces.ed.gov/programs/projections/projections2019/app_a1.asp
Peoria Unified School District | Financial Transparency. (2013). Peoria Unified School District |
Financial Transparency. Retrieved February 23, 2014, from https://www.peoriaud.k12.az.us/admin/Pages/FinancialTransparency.aspx
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Imagine designing a dream home with all the color and space conceivable. This illustrates the work of an interior designer. A "schemer, intriguer, or plotter," could prosper in a career of design (dictionary.com, 'designer'). A career in interior design allows innate abilities of creativity and organization to be practiced in satisfying a client's desire for style and flare in their home or workplace. The work of an interior designer requires a natural skill to work with people and to decipher what a client desires.... [tags: Jobs Careers]
1385 words (4 pages)
- ... Approximately 68% of students are classified as Hispanic; 22% black, 8% white and 2% Asian. It’s estimated 44 different languages are spoken by the student body with the largest percentages of students speaking Spanish, English, Haitian Creole and Portuguese making 13% of the students enrolled in bilingual education classes. Since 2000 through 2013 the school population increased over 5,350 students. During the 2012-2013 the district implemented grants to improve student achievement and to prepare all students for postsecondary education.... [tags: education, love, leadership]
803 words (2.3 pages)
- Dear District Superintendant: The Tamalpais Union High School District (TUHSD) is one of those districts that have seen fallen property values in Marin, dysfunctional, and fiscal chaos in Sacramento. As a result of the severe economic downturn and the devastating cuts to education from the state of California, the TUHSD needs to reduce operating cost by 20% within five years to have a balanced budget for the 2014-2015 school year. THUSD annual budget is $55 million dollars. Operations is half that, or $27.5 million.... [tags: Finance]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- District Budgetary Overview As School Officials every Superintendent or School Board member in a new position has to be knowledgeable of their responsibilities that they are acquiring. The administration of the budgeting process, and checks and balances are imperative to understand in order to be able to apply them in the everyday. Managing the budget and coordinating it in a way that all the needs from a school district and the students are met are sometime a challenge, not all the time it is easy to accomplish, but working in collaboration could be manage and accomplish a better distribution (Bireda & Center for American, 2011).... [tags: Responsibilities, School Board, Budget]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Libraries are essential to a community especially in difficult times. Due to rising costs and job losses, patrons may have had to cut their own expenses such as buying books or cancelling their internet service. In order to continue to have access to these materials, patrons turn to their libraries. However, libraries are often the first to get cut in budget reforms. A library can survive a budget crisis by making cuts, fundraising, developing trust, and media exposure. The two types of cuts a library can make is a visible or an invisible one.... [tags: Budget]
1228 words (3.5 pages)
- President Obama once stated, "Even as we find ways to cut spending, what we can't do is cut back on investments like education that will help us create jobs and grow our economy." Over the past three years, President Obama has done an exceptional job in guiding America's education system through its major money-based problem and money-based recession, and utilizing the change and reform that we need to better prepare children for he challenges of competing successfully in the 21st century worldwide economy.... [tags: budget politics, academics, schooling]
1667 words (4.8 pages)
- The first step in regenerating the historic fabric, must be recognizing the existence values and desire to protect them. Restoration process begins with cognition of opportunities and advantages of each neighborhood, and understanding of different aspect of neighborhood distressed. These days one of the problems face to regenerating historic fabrics is juxtaposition of valuable buildings with abandoned and deteriorated buildings and areas that causes damage to this valuable buildings. The abandoned areas are a threat to revive the historical fabrics, but with clever arrangements this treat can be converted to be an opportunities for brown developing.... [tags: Design]
1424 words (4.1 pages)
- Views of Heaven in From the Fifteenth District Mavis Gallant presents us with a disconcerting view of death in the short story "From the Fifteenth District," where dying is not a salvation from the pains of life but where the dead are forced to suffer eternally. In this story, the author sets out three distinct cases of 'haunting,' except that these hauntings are reported by the dead about the living. Major E. Travella, killed during World War I, is angry that he is being exploited by the church and the public.... [tags: Fifteenth District]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- Elements of Design The elements of design were created by Arthur Wesley Dow to help people see, describe, and create visual qualities in a systematic way. It consists of 7 elements: line, shape, form, colour, value, texture and space. Lines are paths or marks left by moving points and they can be outlines or edges of shapes and forms. Lines have qualities which can help communicate ideas and feelings such as straight or curved, thick or thin, dark or light, and continuous or broken. Implied lines suggest motion or organize an artwork and they are not actually seen, but they are present in the way edges of shapes are lined up.... [tags: Design]
1621 words (4.6 pages)
- Primus Web Site Design The goals of the Primus Web site are to retain existing customers, draw new ones and lower Primus' customer support costs. To meet these goals the Web site is being designed around a multi-point value package, described below. Value Package The components of the value offering are: 1) Stress-free experience for site visitors and customers 2) Professional quality research 3) Readily available quotes, available via a variety of media 4) Tools to allow customers to manage their portfolios 5) Customized advisory services 6) Online investment "workshop" experiences Service Selection Process During the previous three quarters Primus selected service offerings based on avail... [tags: Web Design]
1338 words (3.8 pages)