How could this be? Deceived by my daughter! As soon as Tubal informed me that my daughter had fled, I felt angry yet heartbroken. It was like my own daughter pierced a finely sharpened arrow into my skin, aiming at by hopeless heart.
Jessica playing "thirty pieces of silver" (Matthew 26:15) upon her own father? "I say, my daughter is my flesh and blood" (Act 3.i. 33) but her doings wrong me. She has disgraced me and left with a Christian, Lorenzo. A Christian! Those same Christians who lend out money "gratis" (Act 1.iii.39), Spat upon my "Jewish gaberdine" and called me "misbeliever" (Act 1.iii.106-107).
Is there really more difference between my flesh and hers than between "jet and ivory;" more between our bloods than there is between "red wine and Rhenish" (Act 3.i.34-35). Why has she betrayed me? Her only father. We are both Jews, are we not? Yet she fled with a Christian.
What really makes my blood boil is that my daughter seized upon the most valued things in my life. My ducats, my precious stones and herself... "A sealed bag, two sealed bags of ducats, Of double ducats, Stol'n from me by my daughter... And Jewels - two stones, two rich and precious stones, Stol'n by my daughter" (Act 2.Viii.17-21). To make things worse, she has sold the precious stones that I gave to your mother for a monkey. "I would not have given it for a wilderness of monkeys" (Act 3.i.108-109).
Shall I still entitle her as my daughter? Should the revulsion that assembles within me not escape? Deceived by my own daughter. Ha. She is no longer worthy to be called my daughter. Fled with a Christian. How dare she! "I would my daughter were dead at my foot, and the jewels in her ear" (Act 3.i.80-81).
I have s...
... middle of paper ...
...yet offer interest to those borrowed from. Antonio then, is a type of typical Christian. Lending out money "gratis" (Act 1.iii.39). Why? Did Jesus not supply them with brains? I confronted his hypocritical ways, fuelling his anger.
Eventually, we landed upon an agreement and created a bond, sealing it with his own blood. The bond states that if my 3,000 ducats are not within my reach in 3 months, I am able to rightfully claim a pound of his flesh. It was like father Abraham laid mercy on me, showing me a path towards revenge on Christians and Antonio.
Those Christians who borrow money and steal my daughter, Jessica. I am sick of them all. Why do they think that they can treat me with such disrespect? Surely the source of this cannot be because of my religion. Enough! I have had enough!
I await for the moment of the trial. I want my revenge. Justice will be done...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As an ordinary Jewish girl who was one of the most discussed Jewish victims of the Holocaust, Anne Frank was an incredibly memorable girl due to the publication of her diary. Anne Frank was a liberal Jew; as for she did not follow all the traditions of Judaism. On the fourteenth of August 1944, a group of German uniformed police arrested the Frank family and was sent into The House of Detention, transitioned into the Westerbork Transit Camp and then to the Auschwitz concentration camp. In July 1945, after the Red Cross confirmed the death of the Frank sisters, Otto Frank passed Anne’s diary to historians who made continuous attempts to publish it.... [tags: jewish girl, diary]
1593 words (4.6 pages)
- Diary Entry Entry One March 14th, 1884 William Porter( live with my mum, my dad, and my three younger brothers: Thorn (6 yrs), Enzo(3 yrs), and Finn (11 mths). Age: 8 Job: Tailor Dear Diary: I guess today is another thrilling day, and this morning I wake up at 4 o’clock in the morning to get ready to work by 5 am. My brother Thorn and I walked there and we were a bit late today. And I didn’t even have any breakfast. Once we got there, we started to work immediately. Then someone stared at me.... [tags: Labor, Children]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- Diary Entry Dear diary, Today wasâ€¦â€¦wellâ€¦..embarrassing, to say the least. I met up with my friends in town. We went round some shops, got this really nice top, Dave helped me choose. Well, after spending a couple of hours wandering about we all decided to go to the coffee shop, the one down on Regent Street. It's usually really cool, everyone's so laid back and you really can relax.... [tags: Papers]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- Diary Entry Dear Diary, I don't remember anything about the journey or how I got there. I was shoved onto a hard concrete surface and could hear a man shouting and cursing me. I don't remember anything, but seeing the vicious intent in his eyes, and then, my life went black. About an hour after, I opened my eyes to the world again. All I could see was complete black, though a stream of light shone through the material tied around my eyes.... [tags: Papers]
684 words (2 pages)
- Diary Entry Today was a most extraordinary day for me, something completely unexpected happened. Uncle Pumblechook, as previously arranged came to collect me from Joe’s house, to take me to visit a place called Satis House. It belongs to a lady called Miss Havisham who is very wealthy and important. It took us about 20 minutes to get to there. On our way I began to feel a little nervous and jittery. The prospect of meeting Miss Havisham for the first time was unsettling. There were rumors going round that nobody had ever seen her before, and that she never left the grounds of her house under any circumstances.... [tags: Papers]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- ... There’s no escaping Big Brother. ~ Estelle lets out a blood-curling scream, clutching onto the pale strands of hair on her head as if it were for dear life. She opens her mouth to scream again but nothing comes out. Now she can hear nothing but the soft yet eerie echo of her fear-filled tears rolling down her porcelain cheeks and onto the floor. She continues to yank and pull at her hair, digging her broken nails into her scalp, and leaving pieces of her nails embedded in it. Trembling in terror, her stiff limbs come to a stop and her mouth closes slowly.... [tags: life, entry, war, write]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Teenager's Love Life Written as a Diary Entry I wrote a short story for a teenage magazine aimed at girls of approximately 14 years of age. This story would relate to teenagers and may even advise in certain situations. It is a short story about a teenager’s love life written as a diary entry. I modelled my story on the short stories found in teenage magazines, aimed at girls of the same age range that I have written for. In research I have carried out into language and writing short stories, I found a section about the language and style of magazines.... [tags: Papers]
575 words (1.6 pages)
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck Diary Entry 19th June 1931: I sat on a broken down tree log, thinking of the good years, the swing of Hollywood, the extravagant theatres with their gold furnishings and the warmth and happiness of every stranger who walked by on the street. As I sat on the broken tree I noticed the sound of trickling water "splish, splash, splish". It soothed my mind, but it brought me back into the reality of my miserable life. I had already walked 8 miles in the baking hot heat, but it felt more like 80 miles.... [tags: Papers]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- In this study of revenge and revengers in two Elizabethan revenge tragedies the two plays I shall look at are Hamlet, by William Shakespeare, and The Revenger's Tragedy, by Thomas Middleton. I shall look first at the playwrights' handling of the characters of the revengers, and then at the treatment of the revengers by other characters in the plays. Although having similarities in their underlying themes, and in their adherence to conventions, these two plays present contrasting pictures of the figure of the revenger; Hamlet offering a far more complex treatment of its main character, and The Revenger's Tragedy appearing, in comparison, limited by the author's social message, and lacking... [tags: Elizabethan Revenge Tragedies]
3225 words (9.2 pages)
- Scarlet Letter Diary Entries Entry 1 I have arrived at my new home. The boat trip was very rough, even to the extent of making me lose track of time. That unclean, floating mass of death was merciful enough to let me be. Too many children have suffered and died on the way to America. I miss Roger a little bit, and hope he comes soon. I'm very lonely and I don't know what I'll do to keep myself busy. Roger was nice enough to give me money to live off of until he comes to be with me. There are a lot of handsome men around here.... [tags: The Scarlet Letter Diary Hester Prynne Essays]
795 words (2.3 pages)