In the incident where there are virus attacks in the computers in the network café, the owner installed a computer software called Shadow Defender which is a security and privacy protection tool, it allows system administrators to protect the core operating system and configuration of files on a workstation or server by restoring a computer back to its original configuration each time the computer restarts. (http://www.shadowdefender.com/) The computer should be in a clean state prior to the installation of this program, the reason behind this is because this particular state will be the “original” configuration so if a virus infected flash drive is then used in one of the units of the firm and gets infected, the owner need only to restart the computer and it shall restore the unit to its original state and thus the virus will no longer be present.
On the other hand, if the problem is hardware failure the only option for the owner is to replace the damaged parts, the owner stated that the reason why he does not opt for repairs is because there are higher risks that the repaired parts will no...
... middle of paper ...
... business if he is not knowledgeable in that area. As far as the researchers are concerned the owner, Mr. Kenneth Luna Cajucom, knows how to manage and handle the problems that his firm encounters.
Gil, P. (n.d). Reasons Why Highspeed Internet Can Become Sluggish. Retrieved from: http://netforbeginners. /od/basicinternethardware/f/Why-Internet-Connections-Can-Be-Slow.htm.
Mitchell, B. (n.d). Tips for Troubleshooting Slow Home Internet Connections. Retrieved from: http://compnetworking./od/speedtests/tp/slow-network-connections.htm.
Fallacy: Post Hoc. (n.d). Retrieved from: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/post-hoc.html.
A Glossary of Political Economy Terms. (n.d). Retrieved from: http://www.auburn.edu/~johnspm/gloss/ceteris_paribus.
Fallacy: Composition. (n.d). Retrieved from: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/composition.html.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Task 1.2 Explain the hardware, software and peripheral components of a computer system and the functional relation between these components. Hardware Hardware refers to tangible objects like disks, disk drives, display screens, keyboards, printers, boards, power supply and system unit (graphic cards, sound cards, memory, motherboard and chips). The motherboard store many components (microprocessor, RAM, controller…) and connect every other equipment. The microprocessor is the brain of the computer also known as CPU (Central Processing Unit) and will process the calculations and instructions of the computer.... [tags: Computer program, Computer, Computer software]
1034 words (3 pages)
- Todays’ society vastly operates off various forms of technology that has a variety of software suites and applications available. Even the everyday stay at home individuals, at one point uses a technological software. Software is useful for various things from everyday tasks to business documents, and many software’s and applications are free. Therefore, personally speaking there are five software suites or applications, which are the most useful and are available for free; some do not even need to be downloaded.... [tags: Computer software, Microsoft, Computer program]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- E.O. Wilson once said, “You are capable of more than you know. Choose a goal that seems right for you and strive to be the best, however hard the path. Aim high. Behave honorably. Prepare to be alone at times, and to endure failure. Persist. The world needs all you can give.” Often times, failure is perceived as a notion to give up. However, it should be exactly the opposite. For instance, in the face of adversity in publishing her books, J.K. Rowling was rejected 12 times before publishing the now multi-million dollar franchise, Harry Potter.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer science, Computer]
1408 words (4 pages)
- 1. Computer hardware is the physical pieces of a computer. It’s the equipment that makes up the computer. 2. A piece of computer hardware is a mouse. A mouse is a pointer for your screen. Clicking the left button, right button, or scrolling with the wheel performs different actions on your screen/with your software. 3. The CPU is the central processing part of your computer; the processor performs the instructions given from programs. 4. The system unit is the outside case of your computer. It holds the CPU and other circuitry/components that run your computer.... [tags: Computer program, Computer, Computer software]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction Computers are becoming more and more important machine and the uses of computer are becoming variety in our life. The reason for using of computer on different purpose, people are looking for computer specifications which they need. To satisfy people’s needs, the computers are developing fast, however as the growth of use of computer, computer is not the only one developing the internet is developing rapidly. The internet is essential in our life now. Over billions of people around world use internet to communicate with each other or get information they need faster without any limitation of time and places.... [tags: Computer Virus Detection]
2425 words (6.9 pages)
- Relentless innovation in the way businesses apply computing power to automate business processes has translated into incredible gains in just a few short decades. These innovations have had positive influence in the models used by businesses for delivering software applications to their users. The software application delivery models have evolved over the years starting with the on-premises application delivery whereby application software was installed and operated on a computer located on the premises of the software licensee, rather than at a remote facility.... [tags: Application software, Computer software]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- Would I use Open Source Software over free commercial software. Before considering the use of open source software for a business, I think it must be considered whether I would use open source software and why; these reasons, or similar ones, might apply to the business environment. While I mainly use commercial software packages, I do also use open source software programs, namely Firefox. The reason I use Firefox as my default browser over IE or Chrome is because of the customization options that is available.... [tags: Computer Software]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- Computer Engineering - A Carrer as a Computer Software Engineer Introduction The explosive impact of computers and information technology on our everyday lives has generated a need to design and develop new computer software systems and to incorporate new technologies in a rapidly growing range of applications. The tasks performed by workers known as computer software engineers evolve quickly, reflecting new areas of specialization or changes in technology, as well as the preferences and practices of employers.... [tags: Computer Software Engineering]
2327 words (6.6 pages)
- A computer system consists of hardware and software. A computer system consists of hardware and software. Hardwareis the equipment, which makes up the computer system. Hardware consists of: - Input devices such as keyboard, mouse, joystick - The Central Processing Unit (CPU) - Output devices such as a printer, monitor, graph plotter - Backing storage devices such as disc drive, hard drive - Media such as discs, tapes, paper etc There is hardware that I used is: · Mouse · Keyboard · Printer · Monitor A tracker ball mouse ==================== A tracker ball mouse is an input device and similar to a mouse but the ball is set into a cup on the top of the unit.... [tags: Computer Science]
2184 words (6.2 pages)
- SOFTWARE A set of instructions that directs a computer's hardware to perform a task is called a program, or software program. Software comprises the entire set of programs, procedures, and routines associated with the operation of a computer system. The two main types of software are system software and application software. System software controls a computer's internal functioning, chiefly through an operating system , and also controls such peripherals as monitors, printers, and storage devices.... [tags: Computer Technology Software]
1664 words (4.8 pages)