One of the largest businesses of this time era was the Atlantic Slave Trade. The difference between the slave trade and today’s business, is that both parties are far from benefitting. After doing research and reading the documents in the textbook it is fair to say that there are several different stories and accounts that took place and none of them are exactly the same. The perception people would get from the articles they read would all depend on where the author was from, and what side of trade he was taking part in. After going through and analyzing the three documents that were assigned there were different outlooks you could take away from them due to the fact that they were written by three people that took three totally different responsibilities in the slave trade. The slave trade was not morally right, but it was the most economical sounds method for the Europeans and the kings and rulers of Africa were benefitting so much from it that they allowed it to keep going.
In document 14.2, it gave the perspective of a European merchant, Thomas Phillips, from that time. This journal really gave great insight on the business side of the Atlantic slave trade and the Europeans mindset. It talked about how he had to go meet with the king, and then the king’s noblemen would escort him from there. In the Journal of a Voyage Made in the Hannibal of London, Thomas Phillips states, “ When we were at the trunk, the kings slaves, if he had any, were the first to be offered for sale,… and we must not refuse them, tho’ as I observ’d they were the worst slave in the trunk” (Phillips 704). He then went on to talk about how the Africans would shave the heads of the slave they were trying to sell so you coul...
... middle of paper ...
...lso declining from such a large number of slaves being captured and sent to the Americas. These letters show that the Europeans are not helping the African Kingdoms like they use to. They were far more focused on getting as many slaves as they could and as quickly as they could to help make them as much money as possible in the Americas.
After going through and analyzing all of all of the different pieces of literature, people could conclude that every person involved with the slave trade had a different experience depending on where they came from the their place in society. One of the most significant reasons that the Atlantic slave trade last so long is because the Europeans were one of the wealthiest and most powerful civilization of that time. They also keep in good contact with the kings of African kingdoms treating them with goods that were much needed.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When you’re ready to own a business for yourself, it’s a step that should not be lightly taken. If you choose to start a business and become an entrepreneur, you might be wondering what the basics are behind this career choice. There are a number of reasons people turn to owning their own business… although some believe it’s just one thing. Really, it’s an amalgamation of several instances: being fired, being laid off, unhappiness at work, not feeling fulfilled at work, etc. Oftentimes, it’s the strong desire to be their own boss that drives them to put their career, livelihood, family and everything else on the line to make a go at being a business owner.... [tags: Entrepreneurship, Management, Business, Full-time]
2408 words (6.9 pages)
- When traveling to Spain on business, make sure you are prepared ahead of time because first impressions are essential to a successful business relationship in Spain. Start by brushing up on your Spanish. While there are some English translators available it will make a better first impression if you know the language. Also, in your speech use the more formal usted instead of tu’ unless invited to use the informal. Pay attention to what you wear to your business meetings and any personal parties they may ask you to attend.... [tags: cutural differences when doing business]
581 words (1.7 pages)
- As more and more people are getting into a hectic lifestyle, a need to have a good time management techniques that built-in part of your life, you have to follow some simple requirements. You no longer have the luxury to waste valuable time in your day. We can 't control the way time is. We can 't make it less or more. However, we can control the way we handle the spare moments in our day. We can make changes on how we use our time, and that can benefit us if we are able to get more done in one day.... [tags: Management, Time management, Business, Planning]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- Time Management Crystal Williams Summary Time Management is an important aspect in properly completing tasks. There are several types of people such as the perfectionist and the procrastinator who can benefit from time management. The main purpose is to organize and improve your ability to function more efficiency. Some goals may include delegating, scheduling, planning, making decisions and so on. The most important thing to remember is that time management is not necessarily about getting all of your tasks completed, because much more important than that is making sure that you are working on the right things, the things that truly need to be done.... [tags: Management, Time management, Business terms]
708 words (2 pages)
- This past week I was privileged to interview a man who has been a part of the Central Indiana radio business for a long time. Bryon Maddox first began working with a local radio station when he was in high school. In 1978 he began his career on the air. This means he has been in the radio industry for over 30 years. He is able to experience something that many people do not get the opportunity to do; staying in a familiar location for over 30 years in his broadcasting career. Currently, Maddox works as a news director, program director, and is on air live in the mornings for the WoofBoom organization.... [tags: Want, Need, WANT, Talk radio]
1316 words (3.8 pages)
- Juggling a part-time job with a full-time school schedule isn’t always the most comfortable arrangement. Sometimes your work schedule clashes with your homework and study time, and sometimes it can leave little time for extracurricular activities and a meaningful social life. And when the economy is bad, jobs for teenagers are especially hard to find. So what’s the alternative. How about starting your own business. The advantage is that you can create a business that can actually work around your school and social schedules.... [tags: Small business, Business, Tutorial, Part-time]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Book Review: Forbes Greatest Business Stories of All Time It would be an understatement to say that the twenty figures presented in Gross's Forbes Greatest Business Stories of All Time are success stories. These people have molded and shaped the way we live our everyday lives through their incredible achievements. Imagine starting with only a vision, while lacking the financial resources and personnel to make that dream a reality. This was the case for most of the entrepreneurs presented in this book.... [tags: Business Forbes Book Review]
1734 words (5 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Outsourcing is one of the new ways to expand the business or the skills to achieve success or target higher than usual. Outsourcing can be defined as any kind of task, operation, job or a process that is done by employing employees in an organization, but it is contracted out to a third party for a predetermined period of time. In addition, the functions performed by these third parties can do the work in the area or outside the area. For example, a company requires expertise in a field and a lack of expertise in the country, they can contract a specialist from outside the strict conditions laid down and agreed.... [tags: business, time, inexperience]
2250 words (6.4 pages)
- Business Writing AOL TIme Warner Merger The bottom-line to all the hype and talk about the AOL/Time Warner merger is that "Everyone" is running scared. Because, with the merging of companies that control massive amounts of access to the public, and hardware to get their product into your house, there is less and less choices for the American public. And there is even less chance for a smaller company to compete with the "Mega-Media" companies that have been formed in the wake of the telecommunications bill which allows broadcast, cable, and telephone companies to enter each other's markets, deregulate rates, and permit companies to have much larger monopolies.... [tags: Papers]
2773 words (7.9 pages)
- We can 't do it all by ourselves As farmers and ranchers we are groomed to be self sufficient, especially when you live miles from your nearest neighbor and 90 miles from the nearest Wal-Mart. When you’re trying to live a full, productive and effective life, it’s easy to fall into the trap of trying to do it all yourself. Whether this means micro-managing, or dealing with every little thing at home, it can initially seem like a way to make sure things are done properly and your mantra soon becomes one of - "if you want a job done well, do it yourself." Before long, of course, you end up feeling frazzled.... [tags: Marketing, Management, Business, Not Enough Time]
729 words (2.1 pages)