Bill was born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington to a wealthy family. His birth name is William Henry Gates III making him the third male named William Henry Gates. Bill was a very bright student and had tons of energy in school, mostly towards the subjects he enjoyed. For the subjects that he did not really see a point of he lacked quite a bit. Bill was a bit of a jokester so in 1967, when he was about to enter the seventh grade they sent him to a different school. His parents saw that he needed discipline and needed to start growing up so they sent him to Lakeside School, an all boys prep school. That year was the year he was introduced to his very first insight view on computers.
As time went on, Bill got to learn more about compu...
... middle of paper ...
...ll Gates made a huge name for him self in the technology world and continues to surprise the world to this day. His hard work and determination lead him to be the wealthiest man alive. He carved a path for those who want to improve the technology world and just make the world a better place as well. His dedication to his idea brought him to a place where he knew he cold get to if he just worked his butt off. Bill Gates is one the men who many aspire to be because he came from humble beginnings like many of us and just grew to be someone who knew they could change the world one step at a time. He is a prime example of what the American Dream to many looks like and inspires those who want to go out and achieve a dream. Bill and many other like him influence the world and individuals who worked hard and to strive for their dreams because sooner or later it will happen.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Bill Gates is known as one of the richest entrepreneurs in the world. He is responsible for creating the largest computer and technology business in the world, Microsoft. In the company’s early days, no one would have thought that it would change both America and the world from that point on. Gates and his company have created both computers and software that has revolutionized everything in America and the world. What is more amazing is the company continues to grow and revolutionize the ways in which Americans live out their lives.... [tags: American Dream]
2305 words (6.6 pages)
- ... They are two of the most worlds most wealthy and successful men in the computer industry. The rivalry and competition they had between each other became one of the most permanent in the business industry. Being known as the people who made a big change in technology over the past decades, they made a change in today’s society. Even though each company has its own idea, the difference between Apple and Microsoft’s idea is they both had a different aim. Microsoft’s idea was to, “have a computer on every desk and in every home” as Gates recalls.... [tags: Steve Jobs, Apple Inc., Bill Gates, Microsoft]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- ... The American dream also creates room for immigrants to make it a big life as many immigrants keep on coming over to the U.S in order to make it big with Jan Koum being more of fiction story come true as he became the co-founder of Whatsapp. (Wood, 2011) The founding of a nation from the day that Christopher Columbus discovered America to the 1600 during the American frontier war to the fight of independence and the civil, it all reads like fiction, but to learn of the facts and the stories that spurn each and every moment is quite an interesting.... [tags: United States, Separation of powers]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Money, cars and living in one of the biggest mansions in the state of Ohio, being invited to every professional sport events. Just nineteen year old kid, making millions of dollars per minute just for breathing not doing anything, the great feeling of having connections the world would dream to have with people such as Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey and Donald Trump. The charts pointed out that I was becoming one of the greatest money making human that lived on this earth, people started to look up to me as a role model.... [tags: Christmas tree, Christmas, Tobacco smoking]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- Steve Jobs (born in Green Bay, Wisconsin on the 24th of February 1955) is best know as the co-founder & CEO of Apple Computer and somewhat less so for his leadership of Pixar which is a computer animation studio. On the other hand, Bill Gates (born in Seattle, Washington on the 28th of October 1955) is married to Melinda French Gates and has three children. Bill Gates is the co-founder and current Chairman and Chief Software Architect of Microsoft. Both started their careers almost at the same time and within the same industry.... [tags: Computers]
550 words (1.6 pages)
- Microsoft History In terms of a progress, from uncivilized era of Stone Age to a civilized world of 21st Century, human mind has played a vital role in the society over the centuries. Human’s mind have gathered an ocean of knowledge, and created lot of device to make the world a better and comfortable place for the entire human race. There have been tremendous efforts and thoughts are invested to invent and create new products to leisure everyday life. Products such as automobiles, farming equipment, appliances and many electronic products have made life much easier since last century.... [tags: bill gates, technology, brand name]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- Most high school students dream of attending college after high school. The know that an education will earn them more money, get them better jobs and give them the opportunity do what they want in life. The problem is; between 2006 and 2016, nearly 4.5 million students won’t pursue college degrees because their families can’t afford higher education (Gates Foundation, 2009). Furthermore, only a little of half of those who do start college full-time to obtain a 4-year degree finish. Of those students who attend community college less than 3 out of 10 finish with the Associate’s Degree (Complete College.org, 2009).... [tags: Importance of Education]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- “Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness…” are the famous words every American hears throughout their lifetime. These words are part of America’s history through the Declaration of Independence, America is the only country where the “pursuit of happiness” is actually guaranteed in writing. What exactly are the “pursuit of happiness,” and the “American Dream?” As defined by most writers, such as Hemmingway, it’s becoming rich young and having the opportunity and will to do what you please with your wealth.... [tags: Essays on the American Dream]
512 words (1.5 pages)
- Within the veins of every American flows the undeniable drive to succeed. This power creates rich from poor, turns struggles into money and ultimately opens the window for all peoples to better themselves. Although the American dream still converts dirt into gold today, views on this leap to greatness have changed moderately since the 1920’s. In the beginning America was new and undiscovered. There were resources just waiting to be taken hold of in order to attain great riches and with this came the birth of the American Dream.... [tags: The Great Gatsby]
672 words (1.9 pages)
- Throughout history there has been a quest for a better life. Bill Clinton himself said, "We are a nation of immigrants", and one of the first things an American learns as a schoolchild is the phrase written on the Statue of Liberty: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free." People will journey far and wide, traverse the entire continent, suffer all manner of pain and suffering, if they believe that, in the end, they will be rewarded, and there is nothing quite like survival to motivate people.... [tags: World Literature]
854 words (2.4 pages)