Back when my parents were in school they were required to do their reports with the help of the good old encyclopedia. This required numerous trips to the local library and heavy book bags. At that time computers didn’t have the benefit of the worldwide web. As time has gone by, technology has advanced numerously. The world is growing and we must grow and adapt to it.
The benefits of a tablet far out-weight the old school textbooks. You can fit several volumes on a tiny tablet that weighs less than a pound. You have the benefit of surfing the web to utilize other resources. You can access libraries all over the world without leaving your couch.
The downside of textbooks is that you’re not able to change the text that is already printed in the book, information changes constantly and tablets are able to adapt to these changes, resources in the web change constantly.
With tables there are many technological features that is not available with the textbook. Tablets are given differen...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... This data has been collected by the Public Broadcasting Service” (ProCon 1). The disadvantage of games in the classroom, is students using games for non-educational games. Another well-known online learning tool is Kahoot. This website is for educational games. The students put in a code to have access to the website; this prevents individuals outside of the classroom from accessing it. The game works by the teacher creating a series of questions over the subject being taught, then the students go head-to-head against other classmates.... [tags: Education, Classroom, Question, Answer]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- The benefits of tablets are not only restricted to grades K-12 or college. They can also be transferred into real world applications. As seen above in Fig. 1 they expect the amount of tablets in the corporate environment to continue to grow exponentially even after the plateau of tablet sales. Many businesses have already adopted them as cash register alternatives. It is extremely easy and effective for small businesses to use a tablet to take credit card payments. That isn’t all though, as they can be seen in hospitals to help aide during surgery or to keep a database of patient files with them at all times.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- Tablets over Textbooks in K-12 Schools Which would one prefer to carry on their back, one one-billionth of a gram or two tons. The average four-gigabyte tablet can hold 2,300 eBooks that only weigh one one-billionth of a gram. These books would weigh over two tons as printed textbooks. The implementation of tablets and eBooks instead of textbooks in K-12 schools would result in benefiting the future generations. This shift would result in developing more intellectual students, cause less damage to the health of the students and the environment, educate and prepare students on the technological world in which they live, and would be more cost efficient in the long run.... [tags: Education, School, Cost, Teacher]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- What was your style of learning when you were in grade school. Was your brain linguistic. Mathematical. Imagine a time when you read a textbook and couldn’t retain information or muscle through the reading. Now imagine going back to your childhood with today’s technology where many K – 12 schools are migrating towards using tablets in the classroom rather than textbooks. Some folks argue that too much screen time isn’t good for children, but what about the benefits of using tablets in the classroom for learning.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, Classroom]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- In this debate we will be discussing whether or not laptops and tablets should replace textbooks in primary schools. For this debate the focus will be more so on tablets rather than laptops as touchscreen technology is being more commonly used over conventional computers. For this debate the focus will be against tablets and laptops replacing textbooks in primary schools as it is widely considered to hinder learning and not enough pupils are taught to enjoy using books but more detail will be given later on.... [tags: Primary education, School, High school]
1431 words (4.1 pages)
- Technology in the classroom has become a greatly debated topic. With the introduction of e-textbooks and tablets, some schools have inspired a new excitement to learn by the use of tablets in the classroom. The use of tablets in classrooms is not only sparking excitement, it is a more effective way to teach students. While tablets are becoming more popular for personal use, the most promising area for tablets is in the classroom (Bonds-Raacke 235). Tablets do not just benefit students, they also assist teachers.... [tags: E-book, Amazon Kindle, Education, Tablet]
2058 words (5.9 pages)
- If you spent any time in a toy aisle this past holiday season, you would have noticed a subtle shift starting to occur in toys. The old standby toys are giving way to more modern app-enabled versions. Manufacturers are finding any way they can to update classic toys to engage with modern tablets. Barbie is enabled with cameras that play back via apps, Fisher Price play sets embed them for interactive play, and Lego building sets can be controlled by them. Unless manufacturers embrace and utilize tablets with their products, the tablet will take over the toy market.... [tags: multifunctional, interactive, sales]
597 words (1.7 pages)
- ... For instance, what if a school shooting all of a sudden happens at your child’s school, what will happen if the child cannot contact his parents. Just in Colorado, a student who was planning to kill 100 students and teachers killed himself in a violent attack after 10 deaths. If technology were allowed in the school system, we would have prevented at least 10 deaths because students would be contacting their closest family members to prevent this catastrophic disaster. Having technology is like having a guardian angel.... [tags: technology in education]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- Health claims are booming in today’s world. Many of these consumers are being misled by advertising and believe that their choice will benefit their health. Although herbal medicines have been in existence throughout human evolution, I have chosen to take a deeper look into these health practices. I’m curious if this is just another health claim or if there are actual benefits to taking these medicines. Herbal medicines are sold in different ways from tablets, teas, extracts, capsules, powders, and fresh or dried plants.... [tags: Pharmacology, Medicine]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Many forms of IT gadget(s) exist in this rapid change of technology. With so many IT gadget(s) are created, it can be difficult to look at every forms in this study. Thus, the following review of literature focuses mainly on the effects of smart-phones, tablets and notebooks bring to college student lifestyle. The terms of student lifestyle can be breakdown into three parts, which are education, health and social life. Past research had identified the effects of excessive time usage of IT gadget(s) on university students.... [tags: smartphones, tablets, notebooks, social]
526 words (1.5 pages)