Understanding that a foundation in primary education was a crucial piece of the work I wanted to do, I began my career path in elementary education. As my repertoire in education developed and I gained classroom exposure, I was able to better define the role I most desire to play within the system. Teaching preschool, directing a school-age latchkey program, substitute teaching, and volunteer work both in special education and typical development classrooms has afforded me familiarity with classroom routines, schedules, and common struggles. Throughout my work within the public school system, and in self-contained autism treatment, I ...
... middle of paper ...
...onal journey to ensuring I continue to strive for the highest level of personal performance, holding myself to remarkably high standards, and not accepting anything less than the utmost dedication in all that I do. As proven throughout every aspect of my work, I am prepared for success in the school psychology program as I will continue applying the same personal drive that has earned numerous scholastic honors and awards, work promotions, an outstanding grade point average, and an unwavering and respectable reputation with my colleagues, peers, and mentors. By requiring more of myself, I am able to provide more for the children, and lead with a strong moral example for them to follow. They deserve the very best I have to give. If I don’t strive to give them my all, they are the ones I am truly letting down. With an affirmation like that there is no option to fail.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- After putting a considerable amount of time and effort in contemplating my career path, I have made a confident decision to pursue the path of becoming an occupational therapist. My reason for choosing the profession is produced from my past experiences, current endeavors and how I envision my future to be. My life course over the last several years has been leading me to this pivotal moment of applying to graduate school, and I feel honored with this opportunity to share my academic and personal journey.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Occupational therapy]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- Webster’s Dictionary defines the word change using the following: “to make different in some particular: ALTER b: to make radically different: TRANSFORM c : to give a different position, course, or direction to 2 a : to replace with another b : to make a shift from one to another : SWITCH c : to exchange for an equivalent sum of money d : to undergo a modification of e : to put fresh clothes or covering on.” (Retrieved November 16, 2009, from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/change) The 2008 Presidential Campaign for Barack Obama was based on the Promise to change the status quo.... [tags: career, ]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- 2nd Chance At a Loving Life, 2nd CALL, is an organization which takes previously incarcerated individuals from society, and helps them define a career path and positive future. I have personally always been a fan of the “underdog” and enjoy seeing success from those not believed in. Re-entry is certainly a major issue in our criminal justice system which needs to be addressed. It is common to hear about how expensive incarceration is, how it is ineffective, and how offenders recidivate more often than not.... [tags: Criminal law, Crime, Criminal justice, Prison]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Finances are something that affects and concerns the lives of every person around the word. Currently, we should all know the importance of finances regardless of our profession or area of study. At some point in our lives everybody, not only big corporations, faced concerns regarding the proper and efficient management of wealth. The interview that I conducted in this class not only gave me the opportunity to learn about my future career path, but also expand my perspective regarding the multifunctional aspects of being a professional in the finance sector.... [tags: Management, Economics, Finance, The Opportunity]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- FOCUS Research Paper I have never been a decisive person, and because of this making a decision as to what career path I want to pursue in my future has been extremely difficult for me. I am afraid of making the wrong choice and hating what I do, and that is the reason I came into Marist (and still am) an undecided student. While I currently have no declared major, I have slowly but surely begun to narrow down my options as I have discovered what interests me, and now I am happy to say that I have begun to distinguish between what type of career I would like.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Special education]
1371 words (3.9 pages)
- Nowadays, finances are something that affects and concerns the lives of every person and organizations. Currently, we should all know the importance of finances regardless of our profession or area of study. At some point in our lives everybody, not only big corporations, faced concerns regarding the proper and efficient management of wealth. The interview that I conducted in this class not only gave me the opportunity to learn about my future career path, but also expand my perspective regarding the multifunctional aspects of being a professional in the financial sector.... [tags: Decision making, Management, Risk, Decision theory]
1164 words (3.3 pages)
- I grew up in a working family in which my brother and I were the first generation that ever went to college. As a kid, one of the things that I witnessed the most was seeing my parents and other family members, who had limited access to education, struggled with reading and understanding medication labels. We were immigrants, and the fact that I didn 't speak English and had zero knowledge of drugs and medications really upset me for a long time, and the experience eventually became my motivation to pursue pharmacy as my future career.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmacist, Medicine]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- The purpose of this paper is to gather all the strategies needed to be the best I can be in the future, as a professional. I will express all of my personal goals that I will strive to achieve during college. This paper will serve as a road map to my career path, and will help me better understand the job market. Currently my major is in the college of Kinesiology. The reason I have chosen kinesiology is because I am fascinated with the human body, and learning how to take care of it while it is in motion.... [tags: Career Essays]
1554 words (4.4 pages)
- Nursing is defined as “as an application of scientific knowledge enhanced by artful practice in a socially responsible manner.” (Gregory 5). Nurses provide leadership as members of interdisciplinary teams, provide client centered care to promote health, prevent disease, and restore and maintain client integrity throughout the life span. (Krannich 71). This makes it one of the most interesting professions, in my opinion. General Qualifications for becoming a nurse, according to Regina Ranburn, include: “Compassion, caring for others, selflessness, love for humanity, and desire to help others” (1).... [tags: A Nursing Career]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- My Future Career Goal Becoming a nurse was the best decision I made in my life. To me, being a nurse is a future career that has more than one meaning. In other words, a nurse has a much measure of importance and ideas is impartial to be effective in my life. I believe being not an easy path or career, but a nurse’s importance is immeasurable. Becoming a nurse was not my first career, but now it is my dream. It took me a long time to decide to be a nurse, but when I decided my parents fully supported me.... [tags: Nursing, Healthcare occupations, Nurse]
1127 words (3.2 pages)