X a. Marjorie just processed a request for PHI. It was 60 days ago.
Explanation: According to both HIPPA and ARRA regulations, healthcare organizations compels to allow all reasonable efforts to limit the disclosure of information to the minimum necessary data to accomplish the purpose of the request (McWay, 2010). Based on the information provided, the request for PHI fails to specify the date of validity of the release of PHI. According to the HIPPA privacy rule, a request for the release of PHI is invalid if the request meets the following specifications (1) expiration date not specified that is related to purpose of disclosure, or the date on the request for information has elapse, (2) If the request for authorization have been revoked, (3) failure to clearly state the intended purpose of release of information, (4) failure to provide signature and date of authorizing the disclosure of information ( or failure to provide description of representative’s authority to act on behalf of the patients), and (5) failure to specify the entity disclosing and the recipient entity (Department of Health & Human Services, n.d.). There are three categories for the disclosure of PHI according to the federal regulation, (1) A written authorization for disclosure made by the patient, (2) disclosure of PHI in pursuant of federal regulation, and (3) Disclosure of PHI with the valid court order. In addition to federal regulation pertaining to the release of information, it is crucial to take into consideration applicable state laws. State regulation concerning the release of information can be equal, less, and more restrictive than federal regulation. However, in a situation of conflict between federal and state regulations, the more str...
... middle of paper ...
...line, they are allowed to extend the date additional 30 days period and they must provide the patient with a written notice, highlighting the rationale behind such delay (Cornell University Law School, n.d.).
X i. The notice of privacy practices gives an example of treatment, payment and healthcare operations.
Explanation: The notice of privacy practices specifies patient’s legal right and the healthcare entity legal obligations in regard to Protected Health Information (PHI). Covered healthcare entity are also obligated to make the notice of privacy readily available to patients and allow patients to reject, make restriction to PHI sharing, or completely reject to consent. The consent received can be used to disclose PHI to other covered entities in order to enable treatments, process payment, and perform any necessary health related operation (McWay, 2010).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The product that this company will be providing is a software application that can be placed on your mobile device in addition to being able to be accessed online. Users will download the application from our website directly allowing for them to select the application that fits their needs. For the first product line we will be targeting provincial meat processing plants. This product line will allow for the users to easily complete government required paperwork. There will be three versions of this software.... [tags: System software, Application software]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- In the spring of 1837, Ralph Waldo Emerson received a letter asking him to deliver the annual oration of the Phi Beta Kappa fraternity. When he was writing his speech, appropriately titled “The American Scholar,” Romanticism was becoming one of the more preferred forms of literature. Just as Romanticism has its three main ideas, Emerson portrays the scholar as a person who learns from three (very similar) pursuits. The first pursuit is nature; the scholar's own mind and person. The second is the past; reading literature, observe art, and study the great minds and moments of previous times.... [tags: Ralph Waldo Emerson, Phi Beta Kappa, ]
633 words (1.8 pages)
- This document will create a rhetorical work-up of the letter sent by members of the Iowa State University Chapter of The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi. Analysis of the different factors that affect this communication including context, writer, audience, and purpose will uncover the background information and ideas that will influence how this was written and how it will be read. This communication was sent in an attempt to gain new qualified members into the honors society. Context An invitation to join Phi Kappa Phi is sent out to the top seven and a half percent of second semester juniors and to the top ten percent of seniors and graduate students at Iowa State University.... [tags: Rhetorical Analysis, Iowa State University]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Supporting Statement. Please read the further particulars for the post before completing this section: these will describe the sort of skills, experience, knowledge, or abilities which are required (the ‘selection criteria’). Your skills and experience may have been gained though paid employment, voluntary/community work, domestic responsibilities, spare-time activities, and training. Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how your skills and experiences match the requirements for the post.... [tags: Job Application]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- WCF in TMS Release Tool Version : 1.0 10-03-2014 REVISION HISTORY Version Effective Date (DD/MM/YYYY) Brief Description of Change Affected Section(s) Prepared By Reviewed By Approved By TABLE OF CONTENTS 1 Introduction 4 1.1 Introduction to TMS 4 1.2 Objective 4 2 Basics of WCF 5 2.1 What is WCF? 5 2.2 WCF concepts 5 2.3 Service Execution Boundaries 6 3 How WCF is used in TMS Release Tool 7 3.1 TMS Release Tool 7 3.2 Why WCF Service is used? 8 4 Challenges & Solution 9 5 Glossary 10 6 References 11 1 Introduction 1.1 Introduction to TMS • Test Management System (TMS) is one of the application developed and used by Tellabs.... [tags: Test Engineers, Test Management Systems]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- Relentless innovation in the way businesses apply computing power to automate business processes has translated into incredible gains in just a few short decades. These innovations have had positive influence in the models used by businesses for delivering software applications to their users. The software application delivery models have evolved over the years starting with the on-premises application delivery whereby application software was installed and operated on a computer located on the premises of the software licensee, rather than at a remote facility.... [tags: Application software, Computer software]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Many people will be affected within the release of the Xbox One. Someone who purchases the Xbox One’s family can be affected due to the time spent on the new Xbox One. With a new video game counsel, much time will be spent on it, depending on the person, so less family time may be concluded. The purchaser will also be affected in a good or bad way, depending on how you look at the topic. The new Xbox One’s owner will now have the advantages of web browsing, Skype, and music whenever they want to use the applications.... [tags: video game consoles]
552 words (1.6 pages)
- REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE A. Freeze drying Freeze-drying, also known as lyophilisation, or cryodesiccation, is a dehydration process commonly used to preserve a decaying material or to make the transport of the material more convenient. The process of freeze-drying involves the freezing of the material then follows the reduction of the surrounding pressure to allow the frozen water in the material to undergo sublimation (Freeze-drying (n.d.) In Wikipedia. Retrieved December 7, 2013 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeze-drying.).... [tags: spectrometer, freeze drying,dehydration process]
1693 words (4.8 pages)
- The Phi Function The investigation I chose to do is called The Phi Function. Phi Function means "Integers which are less than n and which have no other factor other than 1." My first task was to work out the value of the Phi Functions: f(3), f(8), f(11) and f(24). Next I have to make some of my own and find the values of them as well. My second task is to check that if these are correct: f(7x4) = f(7) x f(4) and f(6x4) = f(6) x f(4) then create some of my own and check that if they are equal to each other or not.... [tags: Papers]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- FDA APPROVES REFRACTEC’s® CKSM (Conductive KeratoplastySM) NON-LASER PROCEDURE FOR FARSIGHTEDNESS CK Uses Radiofrequency Energy, Instead of a Laser, to Reshape the Cornea Without Cutting or Removing Tissue IRVINE, Calif., April 16, 2002 – Ophthalmic device manufacturer Refractec Inc. today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved CK (Conductive Keratoplasty), a procedure for farsightedness (hyperopia) in people over age 40. CK utilizes the controlled release of radiofrequency (RF) energy, instead of a laser or scalpel, to reshape the cornea.... [tags: essays research papers]
1298 words (3.7 pages)