I’m always passionate about business IT and leading edge technology in both enterprise and consumer standpoint so that I decided to major in MIS and computer science. For my internship, I have been an application performance monitoring intern at BCBS, where my responsibilities were handling different sources of data, consolidating the information, analyzing and developing business reports for upper manager. The reason I particularly enjoyed this opportunity is the chance to interact with high volume of data, imply security standards on them and work in an actual team in a real setting. Through the internship, my real strength is exploited, which is analytical and attention to details and I pride these strengths for helping the managers reduce the IT incidents and increase the performance for IT department. What I am looking for now is a company that values customer experience and fits my skills, where I can apply my strengths, join a strong team and have a positive impact on analyzing information and developing tools.
b. What are your career goals 3-5 years from now?
In the near term, I am seeking to complete my degree coursework and the related work requirements, which would be in alignment with this role. I want to prepare myself to take on expanded roles and more responsibilities in the future. I want to learn and sharpen my technical skills in data analysis and developing as well as enhance my field of experts from enterprise technology to other business functions (such as operation, marketing). So that I can best serve the needs of the department and the company. In the longer-term, I would like to become a subject matter expert in an area of greatest need within my role. I would like to develop mys...
... middle of paper ...
...ly proud of the results based on the satisfaction of the customers and how effective the tool would contribute to that IT team operation.
e. What would your boss say about you - both positive and negative?
Through my internship, I believed that I have greatly contributed to our team. My boss took a sincere interest in my professional development and took performance evaluations very seriously. She highlighted that I was self-motivated with a strong desire to take on new work and meet deadlines. Then, she outlined my analytical skills and abilities to break down the data and made data more useful for decision making. And third, she praises my strong collaboration, technical and team skills. One recommendation she suggested me to improve was spending more focus on the scope of each project and reduce the amount of extra work that do not contribute to the final outcome.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- CHAPTER 1 COMPANY BACKGROUND 1.1 HISTORY Kuwait Finance House – Bahrain it’s a %100 an Islamic bank that are leading to provide an Islamic and commercial investment banking services. Kuwait Finance House – Bahrain established in January 2002 and its wholly owned subsidiary of Kuwait Finance house - Kuwait . they are an industry leader for more than 30 years and with total assets of KD 3.915 Billions. While the total assets of KFH- Bahrain is BD 291 Million . also , they are specializes in conceptualizing the development and introduction of innovation , plus providing the sharia 'a compliant banking and investment products .... [tags: Finance, Corporation]
2074 words (5.9 pages)
Performance Monitoring Means Continues Performance Monitor Of An Employee Performance Management Cycle
- Performance monitoring means continues performance monitor of an employee. Performance Management cycle includes, 1)Planning - work in advance so that expectations and goals can be set 2)Monitoring – employees progress and performance constantly or time to time 3)Developing - the employee 's performance capability to perform through training and work assignments 4)Rating – time to time or periodically to summarize performance 5)Rewards – good performance In execution checking there are work issues too.... [tags: Performance management, Management, Better]
705 words (2 pages)
- Pacemakers are an electrical pulse regulatory mechanism, that helps create well balanced heart beats in patients in need. Pacemaker monitoring in the past has been limited to Physician visits, and emergent visit to the hospitals. Proper pacemaker monitoring with real-time implications leaves new insight and advancement within the medical field; while delivering real-time possible life saving patient information to appropriate personnel. With this newer technology Physicians, nurses, and other approved medical staff have the option to monitor their patient’s heart functionality, and fix pacemaker electrical signals to fit patients need from a mobile device, without ever bringing the patient... [tags: proper pacemaker monitoring, heart arrithmia]
637 words (1.8 pages)
- Companies (organizations) are adopting the use of various forms of modern technologies to improve their performance. Most of these technologies are implemented to check on performance and management of these organizations. The technologies are computer based and are mostly used to check employees’ performance (Ludwig & Goomas, 2010, p. 393). The technologies also help these organizations to evaluate employees based on their performance. One of such technologies is the electronic performance monitoring, which is the latest advancement (Lliopis, Gonzalez, & Gasco, 2005, p.... [tags: Business Management ]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- ... The problem is that the use of mobile phone among students has become habitual rather than conscious and this has implication for education where conscious effort is required to achieve the objective of teaching and learning process in the lecture room. Attitudes of students towards the use of mobile phones and the perceived social pressure and likely consequence on students at KPTMKL. 1.2.4 Addictions on students A further development that can have an impact on study is that smart phones allow continuous access to interactive social media.... [tags: college, learners, performance]
1919 words (5.5 pages)
- Students are recruited from the schools of pharmacy via short advertisement displayed as a Power Point during a required class for first-year and second-year students. Interested students will be required to submit a resume along with the personal statement to the internship program director. Pharmacy students who express their interest in research pharmacy will be invited for an interview with the program director. Students who are self-motivated and possess great communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills will be offered a position of an intern.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical drug]
1066 words (3 pages)
- Problem: lack of leadership and performance monitoring The Packaging department could be given its own manager given the importance placed in the packaging arena by the customers. If this is a costly option another would be to develop hierarchy within the existing department making a few people responsible to ensuring the efficiency of the rest of the team. Managers also need to be given goals as should the employees to ensure that work gets done and no one is abusing their benefits. Encourage managers to visit the packaging department and do their jobs to the maximum capacity to establish a good example for the employees.... [tags: Employment, Management, Individual]
1038 words (3 pages)
- My intern consists of eighty hours of side by side with one of the best criminal defense attorneys ever and observations in court settings. It was a pleasure to work side by side with Attorney LeCruise. I was able to use my knowledge from past criminal justice classes and apply it to the best intern I ever did. My day would consist up meeting up with Attorney LeCruise and observe her interactions with her clients. It was a pleasure working with Attorney LeCrusie. This purpose of the paper is explained three main highlights I learned from my intern, my work performance, and my personal benefits.... [tags: Criminal law, Law, Crime, Criminal justice]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction The task for this week's assignment is to discuss specific common areas of concern in reporting hard drive, network, and memory issues, explaining what to look for in these areas. Overview Regular performance monitoring ensures that administrators always have up-to-date information about how their servers are operating. When administrators have performance data for their systems that cover several activities and loads, they can define a range of measurements that represent normal performance levels under typical operating conditions for each server.... [tags: Technology]
1641 words (4.7 pages)
- HSBC- we are the world's local bank The Business/Organization The HSBC Group is named after its founding member, The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, which was established in 1865 to finance the growing trade between Europe, India and China. The inspiration behind the founding of the bank was Thomas Sutherland, a Scot who was then working for the Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company. He realized that there was considerable demand for local banking facilities in Hong Kong and on the China coast and he helped to establish the bank which opened in Hong Kong in March 1865 and in Shanghai a month later.... [tags: essays research papers]
3009 words (8.6 pages)