Winston Churchill, with his brilliance succeeded in becoming knighted in Britain, all the way to Prime Minister, and author. “In 1953 Churchill was knighted, and awarded the 1953 Nobel Prize in literature for his writing and oratory” (Sir Winston Leonard). “When the ministry was reconstructed under Prime Minister Herbert H. Asquith in 1908, Churchill was promoted to president of the Board of Trade, with a seat in the Cabinet” (Churchill, Sir Winston). “His campaigning in the two general elections of 1910 and in the House of Commons during the passage of Parliament Act of 1911, which curbed the House of Lords’ powers, won him wide popular acclaim”(Churchill, Sir Winston). This is important for his influence in Britain and the world. He was good at his job and chis choices helped shape the world.
Winston Churchill helped save the world from the Nazi’s while writing magnificent literature. “He also issued warnings of the threat from Nazi Germany that went unheeded, in part because of his past political and military misjudgments. When World War 2 broke out (Sept., 1939), Neville Chamberlain appointed him first lord of the admiralty. The following May, When Chamberlain was forced to resign, Churchill became Prime Minister” (Sir Winston Leonard). Winston Churchill knew that the Nazi’s were a threat, but foolishly, nobody cared what he had to say. What he did was right, and he had great reason to do it.
All of Winston Churchill’s choices came with a great ...
... middle of paper ...
...ound himself, as he said, all at once without an office, without a seat, without a party, and even without an appendix”(Churchill, Sir Winston). His power allowed him to make intelligent choices, while his strategy allowed him to implement his power most efficiently. These are a few of the amazing things he did.
Britain, and the world, these are some things that Winston saved with his actions. So if you have enemies, it means that sometime in your life you did something right.
Churchill Winston. “Winston Churchill. Quote.” Brainy Quotes. Brainy Quotes, March 2014. Web. 14 March 2014.
Herbert Nicholas. “Churchill, Sir Winston.” Lili. Britannica Biographies, March 2012. Web. 14 March 2014.
“Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill, British Statesman, Soldier, and Author.” Lili. Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, Sept 2013. Web. 14 March 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Winston Churchill was born unexpectedly at Blenheim Palace, a country house in Woodstock, Oxfordshire. He was the youngest son of Randolph Churchill and Jennie Churchill. Addison stated, “Winston’s father, Lord Randolph Churchill, was a younger son of the seventh duke of Marlborough, a substantial Tory statesman who had held office under Disraeli” (Addison 8). His father was a successful man. Addison added, “His mother, Jennie Churchill, was the daughter of a New York financier, Leonard Jerome, and his wife Clara” (Addison 7).... [tags: Winston Churchill, World War II]
2084 words (6 pages)
- Winston Churchill had an active speech in the House and the British people. Winston Churchill started his speech reminding the progress of the battles in France, where 25 divisions could not stand up the attack of the enemy at Sedan and on the Meuse at the border with Belgium. Even though he sent the men as fast as he could, France lost the war in two weeks and became a Nazi land. This reminder was to give an example of the facts that are futile and harmful. As a matter of fact, he wanted the citizen to think in the future and do not remember their stories about the old battles and their victory.... [tags: World War II, United States, Winston Churchill]
1845 words (5.3 pages)
- Winston Churchill was perhaps one of the greatest public speakers in history. Some of the best speeches have come from being in life or death situations, Winston was known best for this. His small sound clips like, “this was their finest hour”, and “this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning”, encourage his troops and his people that they will win this war and will overcome the greatest odds. Although Churchill told many speeches, his speech on June 18, 1940 showed the most emotion and courage of any other speech he told.... [tags: Winston Churchill Essays]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- Winston Churchill became an honorary American citizen in 1963 after winning a Nobel Prize for Literature (World War Two 2). His work during World War Two is known throughout the world. At the outbreak of the war, Churchill urged Neville Chamberlain, the prime minister at the time of the start of the war, to be more aggressive towards opposing forces. Upon becoming prime minister, Churchill took over the war and led the Allies and his country to victory. He kept records of these events the whole time.... [tags: Winston Churchill, World War II, Adolf Hitler]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- Baleigh Medows S. Martinez English IV Winston Churchill Winston Churchill led the British people during World War II, all while warning the leaders about Hitler’s relentless aggression and led his country from brink of defeat to victory. Churchill was one of the best known political leaders of the twentieth century. It all started from his long line of politicians. His life as a politician began when he was just a little kid(Olsen 2).... [tags: Winston Churchill, World War II]
1780 words (5.1 pages)
- Businessdictionary.com defines an expert as “A professional who has acquired knowledge and skills through study and practice over the years, in a particular field or subject, to the extent that his or her opinion may be helpful in fact finding, problem solving, or understanding of a situation”. Throughout history many have earned the title of expert through studying and practicing their specific fields, but few have earned the title of expert in the field of politics. Someone in the field of politics must have a combination of unique traits to be considered an expert.... [tags: politics, winston]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- Winston Churchill had many accomplishments during his life. He was a remarkable politician but also a great solider, speech writer, and artist. He was considered one of the best politicians and speech writers of both his time and ours. He was born into the upper class but was able to sympathize with the poor and working class too. Churchill was loved and respected by all. Of all his great accomplishments, Churchill was best known for his two terms as prime minister. Winston Churchill was the son of Lord Randolph Churchill and Jennie Jerome.... [tags: Biography, Churchill, Politics]
2314 words (6.6 pages)
- When someone is elected to a major government position, it is because he reached a national consensus with voters and politicians alike. In the case of Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill, this fact was exceptionally self evident. Most, if not, all of Britain loved him. They loved him because he was a noble genius. He stood as a figure of motivation, revolution, and morality. Churchill made sure to let the people of Britain know what he believed and why he believed it. Once a war hero, Churchill became a trusted political hero, and able to help.... [tags: biography, speech]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- Winston Churchill: Britain’s Man of the Century Never give in–never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. 							Winston S. Churchill It was words such as these and the certitude in which he said them that played an important role in guiding Britain’s people through the trials and tribulations of the Second World War.... [tags: essays research papers]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- Winston S. Churchill, M.P. FIFTY years ago, the Second World War was approaching its crescendo. A million British and Commonwealth and a million American troops were preparing to hurl themselves across the English Channel to storm Hitler's Atlantic Wall and embark upon the noble task of liberating Europe from the scourge of the swastika. I am therefore especially delighted to be asked to address you on the role of my grandfather as a War Leader. Everyone has his or her favorite Churchill story, some true, others apocryphal.... [tags: essays research papers]
2663 words (7.6 pages)