It had to be as perfect as she was.
I’d been planning this for weeks, and yet, my anxiety was getting the better of me now; I had lost faith in my plans. I feared I would wake her up as I slowly slid out of bed and tiptoed into the bathroom, but to my delight, she still lay sound asleep. Even ten minutes later, when I was dressed and preparing the scene, it was obvious she was dreaming heavily.
The more everything fell into place, the less scared I got. It wasn’t like I’d never done this before, but… today was special. She was special.
My eyes scanned the room, just to check if there was anything I’d missed. I couldn’t help but smile when I saw that there wasn’t. I made my way to the old stereo; the CD shouldn’t have been playable, but I skipped to the fourth and last track, and sure enough, it didn’t let me down. The song began to play – our song – and it filled the room, making its way down the hallway to her sleeping figure.
“I’m missing you so much, I’ll see you die tonight
Just so I can get to you before the sun will rise
I know the times are hard and I feel this too
None of that ever seems to matter when I’m holding you”
On the last word, her sleepy face peeked out of the doorway, eyes squinting at the bright light. “Buenos días, Ama,” I smiled.
“Why do I recognize this song?” She mumbled.
I laughed. “Tired, amor?”
She nodded, stepped out into the hallway and dragged her hands down her face. She started down toward me, but stopped, and looked curiously down at the rose petals underneath her feet. They made a path, from where she stood to right in front of me. She looked up at me, then back down at the petals, then up at me. Then, she recognized the song, A Day To Rememb...
... middle of paper ...
... prepared the cold food and put it in the fridge, and was in the backyard grilling. I came inside to check my phone to find Ama still on hers. ‘Still?’ I mouthed to her as I walked in.
‘Violet,’ she mouthed. “Hold on a second, babe,” she said into the phone, covering the receiver with her hand and turning to me. “The only person I couldn’t get ahold of was Tony. Is he still coming?”
“He had something to do at the college today, but as far as I know, yeah, he is.”
“Okay,” she smiled. “It actually smells pretty good out there.”
“You doubt my grilling skills, woman?” I laughed, and she blew a kiss at me, then turned back to the conversation.
I walked back into our bedroom to grab my phone, and when I took it off the charger, I opened the little drawer in the nightstand, just to make sure the box was still in there. It was.
One day, I thought to myself. One of these days.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- youngguk 's pov zelo just kept crying and crying to the point where he could not even talk anymore. it got to the point where he just cried himself to sleep. I picked him up and put him in my bed. he was so light I could not believe it, it did not feel like I was holding a person at all. I got him all tucked in and try to make his a comfortable as I possibly could. I went back to the living room and called himchan. " hello gukkie I have waiting forever for you to call me. " " sorry chan I was talking to zelo.... [tags: 2006 singles, 2007 singles, Debut albums]
1324 words (3.8 pages)
- The Dramatic Monologues of Robert Browning Consider the range of characterisation in Browning’s dramatic monologues and the poetic methods he employs to portray his speakers. Some are written in rhyming verse, use metaphors, et cetera, but for what reason. What is the writer trying to achieve and how successful is he. Robert Browning (1812-1889) was an English poet noted for his mastery of dramatic monologue. He was born in London, the son of a wealthy clerk at the bank of England, he received scant formal education but had access to his father’s large library of about 6,000 volumes.... [tags: Poetry Dramatic Monologue Form]
2236 words (6.4 pages)
- First person POV stories are now, as we speak type of stories, they are how we mere mortals see the world. I find first person POV too controlling and inflexible when you compare that to the third person POV. When in the first person POV, I have to remember to write in the present tense, which feels unnatural when telling a story. I still have to remember to keep proper tense when in third person POV, but past tense is a more natural frame of reference when telling a story (I think so anyway). Conversely, there is the freedom of time travel and multiple perspectives while writing in a third person POV Omniscient.... [tags: Present tense, Past tense, Grammatical tense]
701 words (2 pages)
- Zelo 's pov I woke up to what seems like to be the best morning of my life. I was in yougguk 's arms, I do not know when he came in and went to sleep. But I am so not going to question it if I get to wake up like this. Its a gloomy morning, I can hear rain drops hit the ground outside. I turn to watch guk and I noticed that is starting to become a pattern. Whenever I seem around him I always feel the need to watch him sleep. Being with him makes my heart go crazy. But at the same time I feel at peace.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2006 singles, 2005 singles, Need]
2715 words (7.8 pages)
- Zelo 's pov So after I cried and and guk had to calm me. I had the time of my life, to be honest I wish everyday could be like this. There is so much about today that has made me so emotional and I can not even begin to put it all into words. I always wanted to go to an amusement park and I finally got to go to one. And I am happy that yongguk was the person to take me. He held my hand at times where I was scared. We started off with slow rides and then moved to the fast ones, I had a amazing time I really did.... [tags: 2008 singles, 2005 singles, 2006 albums]
1726 words (4.9 pages)
- Zelo 's pov For the past week I have been in the library finishing all of my make up work. I am glad they gave me time to finish it at school because I felt like it was never going to get done. Also it was kinda of pointless for me to be in class when I did not understand what was going on. During lunch breaks jongup and daehyun would come and help me with my work, I got done with it faster that way. Today is Friday and the last day I have to work in the library, I got most of the work done before lunch.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2006 singles, 2008 singles]
2859 words (8.2 pages)
- Bella's Pov We sat there for a couple of moments just staring at our phones. After a couple of minutes I said,"Ali is this the person you were getting texts from?" "Yes.",Ali said in a terafied voive. "Don't worry we will figure out a way to get us out of this mess.",I said as I wrapped my arms around her to hug her. I hope this person knows what their getting themselves into beacuse I don't like to be threatend and I really don't like it when people threaten my friends and family. Alison's pov I can't belive this pycopath has started going after Bella to.... [tags: fitzgerald, phones, text]
595 words (1.7 pages)
- Brooke’s POV~ I lit my cigarette, letting the warm and welcoming smoke fill my lungs. I know. Bad habit. But honestly, I could care less. Im 18, hopping around from house to house, just trying to find a place to rest my head for the night. For the past month and a half or so, Ive been “homeless”. I have a job, but it only pays $12 an hour. Not nearly enough to afford any type of home here. So, I use my money on things I need such as my phone, food, makeup, clothing, and shoes. And once in awhile I will indulge in getting a movie ticket or something.... [tags: 2005 singles, 2007 singles, Fuck, Profanity]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- Embry's POV One small noise. That was all it took for the anger to completely drain from my body to be replaced by absolute terror. However I'd planned Gail finding out about me, no way had this even been considered. My large, wolfy head whipped round to stare at the small figure sitting bolt-upright in the grass that stared at us all without blinking. Gail had gone a worrying shade of white. God, Embry man...I'm sorry... Paul muttered, his tone low and horrified. I gulped and dimly registered Sam going over to her.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
1935 words (5.5 pages)
- Robert Browning and the Power of the Dramatic Monologue Form The dramatic monologue form, widely used by Victorian poets, allows the writer to engage more directly with his reader by placing him in the role of listener. Robert Browning utilised the form to a famously profound effect, creating a startling aspect to his poetry. In poems such as “Porphyria’s Lover,” and “My Last Duchess,” for example, Browning induces a feeling of intimacy by presenting the reader as the ‘confidant’ to the narrator’s crimes; in “Soliloquy of the Spanish Cloister,” the reader is more a witness to the narrator’s increasing instability.... [tags: Poetry Robert Browning Dramatic Monologue]
1434 words (4.1 pages)