Define domestic violence. It is not easy,...
... middle of paper ...
...ent-related abuse happens when a victim is not allowed to look for a job or prevented from maintaining the one they have. Oftentimes, the abusers have access to the victim’s accounts, credit cards, loans, and more. Because of this, leaving the relationship could mean struggling to find work, a place to live, and food. It can also leave the victim with a bad credit score by not being in charge of their own assets. As reported by purplepurse.com, 99% of all domestic violence cases involve some sort of economic abuse (Purple Purse Allstate Foundation, 2016, para. 1).
Effects of domestic violence are detrimental to the mental and physical health of a survivor. Physically one may suffer from chronic pain, gastrointestinal disorders, psychosomatic symptoms and eating problems. Health care providers and advocates are recognizing mental health problems, such as anxiety
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Close your eyes. Imagine that you are five years old again. You are chasing your dog, smiling and giggling because joy is the only thing that a five year old knows. You hear something spill on the ground, so you run to the place where the noise came from. You see your mom on the ground with frozen peas all around her. Unaware of what happened and still smiling, you ask her, “What’s wrong, mommy?” She starts yelling. When she gets close to you, there is a sting that comes to your cheek. This was your fault.... [tags: Abuse, Child abuse, Domestic violence]
759 words (2.2 pages)
- The Haunted House - Original Writing It was the Christmas holidays and beady eyes phased with curiosity were glazing over us. I felt as though everyone was staring at us, and we were now the central attention of our new, humble town, Gravesend. As our entire luggage was being unloaded, I noticed that everyone was glaring at us as if we did not belong here. I felt uncomfortable and insecure. The neighbourhood itself appeared rather pleasant and, on the road, children were playing with each over and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves.... [tags: Papers]
759 words (2.2 pages)
- The Monster Beneath- Original Writing As my eyes strain to keep open, I looked outside the window to see the thunder roaring seeing that I was surrounded by many lit candles, as I stood alone in the centre. I could see the threatening dark looking clouds at the same time as the rain pattering fiercely on the window panes. I felt an unpleasant sudden fear as I felt as though I was being bombarded by the coldness that surrounded me. As I look down at such astonishment I saw the monster which lied at my feet.... [tags: Papers]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- Forbidden Love - Original Writing Shania looked across the table at Adam; his gorgeous glass- blue eyes seemed as if they were deep oceans bearing precious treasures. He squeezed her hand as they sat talking about their wedding; it wasn't long to go now, just a matter of a few months, even-though that seemed to be never-ending. Everything was prepared, Shania had always dreamt of a perfect white wedding, and Adam wanted all her dreams to turn to reality, hence everything was being decided by her.... [tags: Papers]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- Inner Flame - Original Writing I wish it would just stop. Stop crying. Its large eyes are constantly following me, wherever I go, lying in its cot, bawling away. I'm too frightened. I can't pick it up. My hands keep quivering every time I go near him. What if something terrible happens. It feels as though history is repeating itself. The same year old baby, the same behaviour, and the same day of the weekâ€¦ Wednesday night, was always the best night of the week for me. It was babysitting night.... [tags: Papers]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Pain - Original Writing Her eyes became watery as she dragged the razor blade across her arm, the pain invaded her body. She sat back against the wall, her arm rested on her leg. The blood poured out, her eyes clinged on the ceiling. She sighed, her eyes were red and her soul was empty. She could here their laughter, their fingers pointing at her as her tray slipped from her hands and made a mess on the cafeteria floor. "You are such a dopey idiot" they shouted from the queue, she glanced up to find them all looking at her as if they were in a freak show and she was the principal act.... [tags: Papers]
472 words (1.3 pages)
- Living the Life of Emily- Original Writing Emily fell against the brick wall of a school building. She closed her eyes and pondered about everything that had happened that day. The sun was coming dappled through the autumn coloured oak trees, which stood around the school and carried on down the avenue. A wisp of cold wind blew Emily’s soft dark brown hair across her dazzling green eyes; she brushed it away. Her two best friends were running towards her. Emily picked up her satchel up off the gravel path and ran to meet them.... [tags: Papers]
1408 words (4 pages)
- Original Writing A few minutes north of London, the dark-grey sky, rising above bbuildings ; tall and thin. One end of the city is filled with people, lights, clubs and pubs. The other side of the city is quite and dark. The fog seems to linger over the street, clutching the buildings, the streetlamps, the entire city, in a damp, icy grip.... [tags: Papers]
582 words (1.7 pages)
- Original Writing Leaves falling from the trees, winds hustling like a cat in despair. Lights on a nearby alley flickering with the cool breeze. In the darkness of the night, two strangers walked on by.... [tags: Papers]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- Original Writing The winter was reigning in full swing, freezing mercilessly everything in its way. It was the dead of night. The air was very still – the wind had veered to north and stopped suddenly, bringing clear skies with the clusters of celestial bodies in the ever-expanding scenery of the universe.... [tags: Papers]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- Issues That Affect Healthcare Of The Increasing Number Of Elderly Individuals
- A Streetcar Named Desire By William Shakespeare
- How I Learned From My First Semester Of College
- The Rights Of The United States
- College Students Do Not Get Enough Sleep
- The Privilege Of Studying Intro For Indigenous Studies : Art, Culture And History