Dave Thomas an American restaurateur and a philanthropist once said, “It all comes back to the basic. Serve customers the best-tasting food at a good value in a clean, comfortable restaurant, and they'll keep coming back.” (thomas). Everyone can agree on Dave Thomas, but I have a couple more criteria to add to his idea of a great successful restaurant. If I go out to eat I might as well pick a place that, though may be expensive, has scrumptious food because why bother going to spend money on food you can make yourself? A great restaurant has to meet three of my criteria’s: the Décor and atmosphere, impeccable service and cleanliness, and most importantly the food.
A restaurant located in the Hollywood hills and renowned for their view of the city lights of Hollywood. Yamashiro is beautifully built as a replica of a palace in the Yamashiro Mountains near Kyoto, Japan. This restaurant of course has a bit of history to it. On the Yamashiro restaurant website it further tells us the story behind this beautiful landmark. The structure was a dream of the Bernheimer brothers in 1911 to build a hilltop mansion 250 feet above Hollywood Boulevard to house their priceless collection of Asian treasures. When the palace was finished it had 300 steps leading to the top. Yamashiro was a great hang out spot for actors, writers, directors and celebrities in that time. This place formed the star’s first social institution as a monument to their achievement.(Glover)
As one drives up the winding road to the top of Hollywood’s very own Yamashiro mountain, it transports you to another time period and another place. On the right side is the renown landmark, Yamashiro palace, to the left, are the hillside terrace garden with...
... middle of paper ...
...urses and one drink each, but it was worth it because atmosphere, the impeccable service, and “to-die-for” food. For the money one paid for, one would save gas money for driving your date from one place to another; from restaurant to the movies or even to a lounge. Besides its haute décor and atmosphere, impeccable service, and delicious food, Yamashiro is a palace where everyone guest can be the king and queen. People have always heard of the MasterCard commercial, in this case, “paying for valet parking $10, paying for drink $25, paying for a 4 course meal $140, but creating memorable times with friends and family- priceless”
Glover, Thomas Y. Yamashiro Restaurant. 29 september 2008
thomas, Dave. think exists. 29 september 2008
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It was a special day, a day very much akin to a day in a life of a syndicated series, but with no commercials. You see, it was this day one week prior that Captain Planet and the Planeteers had vanquished all of the Eco-Villains (Hoggish Greedly, Dr. Blight, Duke Nukem, Looten Plunder, Verminous Skumm, Sly Sludge, Captain Pollution, and even the nefarious Zarm himself) in an escapade so daring that they incidentally cured global warming, air pollution, and world hunger simply because their heroics were so epic in scale.... [tags: Restaurant Review]
2531 words (7.2 pages)
- A Classic Erie Restaurant Dining at popular chain restaurants can get boring after awhile, as they tend to have similar atmospheres and can be predictable. Local restaurants, however have a special charm and family feel to them. Every city has their own few special family owned restaurants that are well known amongst the city’s residents. In Erie, PA one of these restaurants is known as Syd’s Place which is located on West Lake Rd near the peninsula. Established in 1933, Syd’s Place has become a staple for many Erie residents as well as those visiting the city.... [tags: Restaurant, Food, Rooms, Eating]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- Located east of the small town of Monmouth, Illinois is Cerar’s Barnstormer. Cerar’s is very unassuming from the outside. There are no gleaming neon signs, outdoor smoking areas or music played over speakers like you’d find at, say, Texas Roadhouse. It has a simple, lighted sign displaying the restaurant’s name and a tattered orange windsock reflecting the aviation theme for which it’s named and decorated. Looks, however, can be deceiving; as is the case with Cerar’s Barnstormer. Once inside you’ll find a dining experience that is usually only found at upper end restaurants in larger metropolitan areas.... [tags: restaurant, dining, food]
579 words (1.7 pages)
- The flourishing industry of Thai cuisines in San Antonio is overwhelming. Especially for us who love eating Thai food. Thus for this reason, we have come up with a list to introduce you the best in town. Thai cuisine is best represented with its aromatic balanced taste. Though it is known to be spicy in most of their dishes, it is still apprehended with sour, sweet, salty, and bitter flavours. Some people even regard Thai cuisine as a delineation of Asian food besides from the eminent Chinese dishes.... [tags: Restaurant Review]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- The booming industry of Thai cuisines in San Antonio can be a bit confusing and overwhelming at the same time. That is especially for us who loves eating Thai food. Thus for this reason, we have come up with a list to introduce you the best in town. Thai cuisine is best represented with its aromatic balanced taste. Though it is known to be spicy in most of their dishes, it is still apprehended with sour, sweet, salty, and bitter (optional) flavors. Some even regards Thai cuisine as a delineation of Asian food besides from the eminent Chinese dishes.... [tags: Restaurant Review]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- When we put food in our stomach, we have a choice, to hurt or help our body. Why not make the next meal a healthy one. Yes, there are many restaurants to enjoy in Corvallis, but few that offer a nutritional menu that leaves us wanting more. There is a hidden restaurant behind Circle K a convenience store on Monroe Avenue that looks more like a house or community center than a restaurant. Located at 109 N.W. 15th Street is a wonderful place to eat called Nearly Normal’s. This is one of the finest choices to purchase a meal in Corvallis.... [tags: Nutrition, Food, Eating, Restaurant]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- Non-seafood eaters need not read further. Although they can easily make a seafood lover out of most anyone… the seafood savvy palate will be thrilled with Mary Mahoney’s. Located on the Biloxi strip, Mary Mahoney’s Old French House is a favorite of locals and a tourist must. The history of the building itself warrants a visit. The Old French House was built in 1773 during the French occupation of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Listed on the National Register of Historic Homes, The Old French House is one the oldest homes in the United States.... [tags: Restaurant Review ]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- “Life is like a restaurant: you walk in, hopefully find good food and good company, and walk back out.” says Taylor Ryan, which couldn’t be more true. Oftentimes, fine dining can turn out to be a positive experience, but sometimes it can be the exact opposite. I’m a student at West Chester University and I don’t usually go out for fine dining, but when I do I still have high expectations. I always hope to have a great time, in a great environment, while enjoying a delicious meal. This would make my outing well worth it.... [tags: Restaurant, Food, Eating, Types of restaurants]
849 words (2.4 pages)
- Restaurant Review It was rainy, crowded and loud at the entrance, the smell of cigarette and rum filled the air of the lobby area. It was Saturday night at the T.G.I.F in San Francisco, the Giant’s were playing so the place was packed and fans were being loud. The restaurant is located on a corner nearby Pier 39 and it almost has an Aspen look to it. The building itself is made of bricks with big colorful windows and huge cherry finished wooden doors with brass handles. Inside, the walls are cherry wood and covered with big mirrors and stuffed dear heads.... [tags: essays research papers]
590 words (1.7 pages)
- Restaurant Management Running a restaurant can be one of the most stressful jobs as well as the most fun and rewarding jobs. If the manager is a good leader with excellent leadership skills and has great followers the restaurant will be rewarded. If not the restaurant will plummet in sales and no one will be pleased. While developing a business. staff is important to running a successful restaurant, it is also essential that management focus on its public relations as well as its sales and marketing strategies.... [tags: Running Restaurant Managing Essays]
2839 words (8.1 pages)