The three main characters in the book come with very different personalities. Mike who is the leader of the crowd is very selfish and seems to get a kick out of bullying and terrorising others. He feels he is somehow superior to others. Mungrel is someone who sits in the back ground and watches everything going on under his nose; he doesn’t speak until words are put into his mouth. The main character comes across as a boy who is just desperate to fit in and have friends, only being eight years old it isn’t as easy as it looks.
The main character shows an element of pride throughout the story on two occasions. The first event is when he catches the biggest tiddler. When he catches the tiddler he surprises the rest of the gang...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are many significant differences between Chinese academic writing and English academic writing. Most of the time, it is difficult to write essays in English for many multilingual students like me, not only because we have to translate Chinese to English, but also because of the different styles of academic writing we learned in China. However, after the first semester of the writing program, I acquired many basic concepts and tools about academic writing and these tools have helped me throughout the semester.... [tags: tools, techniques, writing]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- My portfolio will demonstrate the skills and writing techniques I have developed and honed while taking the course English 1010 at the University of Memphis. Some of the techniques and skills I have learned include how to write with different persuasive strategies on the audience and how to incorporate critical thinking into my work. As well as these skills I have learned how to apply an effective composing process to my writing and have fine tuned my writing abilities. Writing with different styles on different topics has improved the way I approach writing papers.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writer, Learning]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Throughout the time of the course I have accommodated the necessary skills to writing more analytically by applying several strategies to my writing techniques. Analytical writings consist of a summary, personal response, taking a stance in the argument, is there a comparison or contrast which make the discussion. Throughout the course I have learned to properly do an analysis of a text which means to highlight important ideas within an article or readings to understand what the author is trying to say rather than giving a summary of what the author is trying to argue which I had been used to doing before the course.... [tags: Writing, Writer, Rhetoric, Audience]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- In both my English 101 and 102 classes I built off of so many knew writing techniques since high school. Knowing how much you love English, I wanted to update you on all the new techniques I learned, since high school English. One of them being rhetorical analysis. I know we kind of went over it in English, but I did not use it as much, as I did for my college papers. With this technique, I believe that in the future this will be assist me in my upcoming college papers. For a reminder, rhetorical analysis is analyzing what rhetorical strategies are being used in a paper.... [tags: Rhetoric, Writing, Critical thinking]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Over the past few months, I have learned several different writing techniques. While all of the different types of papers were difficult to write, I believe that my writing skills have improved. In fact, I did not understand all of the assignments, but I did try to do my best on all of them. While I should have used more transitional words in between sentences and paragraphs, I feel that I learned a great deal. It is true that I have not had very much writing experience and the writing process is difficult for me.... [tags: writing, ]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Death, violence, and love were the three main components of my life. The love of money, cars, clothes, sex, and girls was what I lived for. But the love of attention cost me everything. The love to be in the “spotlight” and the love to have everything I wanted, everything that I thought I needed. But that is what cost me everything. The attention, the sex, the money, the cars, all of these things brought upon the violence and the deaths. These “loves” cost me the one person that I ever truly loved the most and the best out of everything.... [tags: Original Writing, Creative Writing]
1496 words (4.3 pages)
- Writing Techniques That Appeal to Readers Anyone who will be required to write at any time, no matter what the function of the writing, should learn good writing techniques that appeal to readers. Every type of writing should possess something that will draw the reader into the words to make the reader feel that he can relate to what he reads. Many techniques can accomplish this goal of writing. Diction, organization, description, and titles are all key parts of an essay that combine the author's thoughts and teelings in an effective manner.... [tags: Education Teaching Writing Essays]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- My entire academic life I have found a passion and love for English, particularly writing. In high school I enjoyed writing so much that within my junior and senior year I was constantly taking writing courses to get better and explore my passion for it. Therefore, coming into college and having to write papers every week was not a problem but something I looked forward to doing. I was looking forward to learning new techniques, different essay assignments, and expanding my ideas and mind within English.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Foster care, High school]
1727 words (4.9 pages)
- Over the past few months, I have learned several different writing techniques. While all of the different types of papers were difficult to write, I believe that my writing skills have improved. However, I did not understand all of the assignments, but I did try to do my best on all of them. I should have used more transitional words. It is true that I have not had very much writing experience and the writing process is difficult for me. Sometimes, I do admit, it takes days to complete one assignment.... [tags: education,]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Emily Dickinson is one of the most interesting female poets of the nineteenth century. Every author has unique characteristics about him/her that make one poet different from another, but what cause Emily Dickinson to be so unique are not only the words she writes, but how she writes them. Her style of writing is in a category of its own. To understand how and why she writes the way she does, her background has to be brought into perspective. Every poet has inspiration, negative or positive, that contributes not only to the content of the writing itself, but the actual form of writing the author uses to express his/her personal talents.... [tags: Emily Dickinson]
2099 words (6 pages)