Writing process like process practicing tennis. For me, when I began to study English, Writing is too difficult, and I don 't know how to write the essay on strong ideas, and well organization. It looks like I play tennis. When I wrote the essays or played tennis, I usually did what I think that I didn 't think about how to write a good essay or do to become a better good player. To be a good writer, I have to practice, learn others, and research important information to support writing. A good essay must have better organize, strong ideas, and the ideas have to support the main ideas. Playing tennis too, good players need to go through practicing process, it has basic techniques that every player has to complete to become a good player. Writing process has been as similar as the process of practicing tennis, they need to learn from others, practice, and look for new things to improve all writing and tennis.
In WR 121, the teacher teaches many things such as summary articles, evaluation, and response essays or articles, but the most challenging is writing a response essay. I realize that the writing process is similar playing tennis process. In research essays, students are required to do a lot of research papers to find important, credible and important sources that could be responsive to my topic. Students researched many subjects, and I felt interesting to respond to other author 's ideas. Before students answered the ideas of the authors, they spend the time to research many articles, and then they chose credible and important information to put it in my essay. The things that I didn 't do well about connecting information together, and describe the main point, so it is the big problems t...
... middle of paper ...
...n the essay has good organization, strong ideas, and clear details.
In conclusion, although writing process and playing tennis are the different domain, they also bring challenges and pleasure to me. WR 121 is not easy, but I feel interesting with what I learned this term. This term helps me understand more clearly about research paper essays, literacy narrative essay, response articles. Moreover, there are a lot of things that I improve in this term. The most important that all the activities in this class help me increasing writing skill. The more I learn the more I get. I think writing process like playing tennis, I have to spend time practicing to improve both of them. There are not people born to become a hero, the things make they become the hero is the practice and patient . A writer or a player, if they want to success they have to experience challenges.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Growth, Reward, Tools, Framework and Composition: An introspective review of the writing process Audience and Choice I wrote about my experience in high school because this period in my life was a difficult time for me. Although many years have passed, I still grapple with the mistakes I made as an adolescent. Thus, in some ways, the unresolved issues prevent me from fully developing my core beliefs (Milner, Milner, & Mitchell, 2012, p. 8) about the education system. Not only is my choice to unpack these old emotions cathartic, but also an important experience for my future practice, as my world views relating to the school system will undoubtedly colour my delivery to my future audience—... [tags: Writing, Writing process, Writing style]
1376 words (3.9 pages)
- After the completion of this course, college level writing will continue to influence my academic life, and might just continue into my workplace because my future as a student at the University of Alabama is unclear. Although at no point do I plan on majoring in English, but college-level writing will continue to affect my academic life. As of now, I am planning on majoring in music education. I am still not sure if music education is definitely what I want to do, so my plan might change sometime in the near future.... [tags: Writing, Grammar, Writing style, Writing process]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- I can safely say I absolutely dreaded taking this class, I tried everything I possibly could to choose anything besides writing 101. Writing and grammar have been my weakness for as long as I can remember. I ignored or avoided anything pertaining to writing my entire time in school, it is actually one of the main reasons I hated school and performed so badly. All other subjects came very easy to me, I didn’t even need to study or open a text book on most occasions, but writing was like a nightmare.... [tags: Writing, Writing style, Essay, Writing process]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- While there are people who love to read and write, there are others that do not. When a student is required to read a book for a class and that student does not enjoy reading, there are very few things they would rather do less. And when that book’s topic is about learning how to write that is the worst of it. When I was assigned to read Writing with Style by John R. Trimble, my immediate thought was that this book and assignment was going to be a struggle to get through. To my pleasant surprise, I couldn’t have been more wrong.... [tags: Writing, Writing process, Essay, Writing style]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- How can you benefit from creative writing. What is creative writing and how can you benefit from the use of creative writing. The definition of creative writing is: writing, typically fiction or poetry, which displays imagination or invention. This explains why creative writing is known as the most natural form of writing because everything is based on your knowledge, or your imagination. It allows you to become one with yourself and express your inner thoughts on paper. This form of writing grants the creative process to keep flowing until you grasp a “Shitty First Draft” as Anne Lammot says.... [tags: Creative writing, Creativity, Writing, Editing]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- Cursive Writing: the Missing Piece of Education Cursive writing, good old script penmanship in flowing strokes with the letters joined, is causing an argument about whether Common Core curriculum should implement cursive writing. Although California and several other states have been applying the cursive instructions in their curriculum, some states look forward to the collapse of it. As a matter of fact, people nowadays prefer the use of printing style because it is more legible than cursive.... [tags: Writing, Education, Pen, Penmanship]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- Throughout this semester, my writing skills have improved. I came into this class as an immature writer but by practicing certain skills such as being able to execute and understand writing as a process, being able to explain and critique my capacities for reflection and meta-cognition, and my ability to classify and critique my capacities at evaluating and selecting sources I’ve become a better writer. I’ve come to understand that writing is a process. Writing a great piece doesn’t happen overnight, in one sitting.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Source, Reflection]
1722 words (4.9 pages)
- Writing poses as a great challenge for me; I can barely speak coherently with a person one-on-one. Ironically, though I have not mastered the English language, I’m minoring in Spanish. I was not gifted with the greatest linguistic skills, however, I nonetheless still pursue Spanish because I appreciate the Spanish culture and enjoy attempting to perform the accent authentically. I took AP Spanish in high school, received 7 credits by taking the exam, and want to improve my speaking skills and eventually reach a level of fluency.... [tags: English language, Writing, Linguistics, Essay]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- Considering how a rhetorical experience was a significance of a precise circumstances was a challenging chore for me, merely because I could not think of any occasion where I intentionally wrote as a consequence to a situation. Fundamentally speaking, I do not consider myself a “writer”. Yes, anyone who writes anything is considered a writer, however, I rarely find myself dedicating much my free time to literature. A writer, in my opinion, is someone who constantly communicates their passion for and through writing itself, and utilizes it as an outlet of expression toward anything, personal or general.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writer, Rhetoric]
1322 words (3.8 pages)
- The Challange of Non-theme Writing "Practice makes perfect". Those are words to remember when attempting to do something new, something beyond your normal routine whether it be playing a sport, singing a song, or even writing in a different form. This thought occurred to me by accident as I grew frustrated with myself for not figuring out what would or would not be acceptable for this writing assignment. I put some music on to clear my head and perhaps stimulate a small portion of my brain that wasn't pulling its fair share in considering how to put this assignment together, and the third song I heard happened to be a song that a friend and I attempted to perform one year at a high school... [tags: Teaching Writing Education Essays]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Cultural Diversity : A Competitive Advantage For Organizations
- Why Educators Should Not Abuse Alcohol And Drugs And Why Intervention Is Needed
- The First Social Work Course
- Involuntary Commitment Laws Revolve Around Patient Autonomy
- Presentation Of A Defence Of Abortion
- Media Literacy Art Education : Deconstructing Lesbian And Gay