When I started this class I thought I was somewhat alright writer. I understood the basics of writing and believed I knew how to write an entertaining piece. All of the papers we wrote showed me one of my weaknesses as a writer.
The first paper we wrote about ourselves helped me to understand that I wasn’t as good a writer as I thought. Any paper, had it been the first, would have showed me this. When I sent my paper I thought it was the best thing I had ever written, however when I got my grade back and it was a b I realised my best wasn’t good enough and I needed to step it up if I wanted to really be proud of my papers.
The summary response essay wasn’t anything too special. All of the information for that paper was already in the book so I didn’t have to do too much research. Still, the paper helped me as a writer to construct arguments. I ended up enjoying the paper I wrote, but it was probably the least fun for me to write. It was a helpful step in the learning process as it prepared me for the midterm paper of the same nature.
Midterms really taught me about time management. I, like so many other college students, am infected with the procrastination virus. I get a great sense of fufillment when I complete a paper and I would love to take my time and perfect ever paper, however with the option to either start writing my paper or looking at twitter to see what Trump tweeted, I’ll regrettably choose the latter. During midterms I only had a set amount of time to work on a paper and I had no distractions to follow. I realised how much work I could get done if I would just set aside my phone for a while.
It is funny how once you learn a word you start to hear it everywhere you go, it seems like everyone has learned the...
... middle of paper ...
...r over my papers and make them a work of art, but I have to remember that some papers are like doodles on napkins and in most cases they are drawn just to be thrown away.
Being my first semester in college, I was unaware of what this class or any other class would hold. My goals were simple; get good grades at Delta to get good grades at another school to get a good job. I believe that the majority of students share my goals.
For the forty odd pages we wrote for this class, I feel that the overall achievement was getting practice. I wasn’t required to write many papers in high school so for me the constant writing was helpful for me. I can really tell a difference in the way that I write now from the way that I wrote at the start of this year. I’m really looking forward to next year, because seeing yourself improve over a short amount of time really is exciting.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The purpose when it comes to writing is understanding many things about the topic and also knowing about the task, audience, and the goals the writer wants to accomplish. The task of writing could vary from entertaining, persuading or even to inform the audience whom the writer is composing for. The next purpose of writing is the audience someone is writing for and how they affect how something is written. Understand who the audience is, what the audience is expecting to know, and also be aware of what the audience already knows.... [tags: Writing, Creative writing, Writing process]
1565 words (4.5 pages)
- I wouldn’t really say I hate writing. Dislike writing, not comfortable with writing, struggle with writing, these are terms that I feel are more relatable to myself. It’s just not something that comes natural to me. Whenever I have to write something of a considerable length I cringe and think back to all the grueling assignments I’ve completed in the past. I “hate” writing because of how unnatural it is to me. Writing and I have never had a good relationship. There’s nothing I enjoy about it.... [tags: Writing process, Writing, Writing style]
1832 words (5.2 pages)
- When I first came into English 1101, I lacked confidence in my writing. I didn’t know if I was writing correctly or even forming an essay correctly, also I experienced trouble with research papers and the process of writing these kinds of essays. I would often feel overwhelmed and embarrassed since I was never taught how to write any essay correctly. I was thinking to myself, how could I have not known how to write. Writing should have been something so first nature to me, but through the help of Mrs.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writing process, Creative writing]
797 words (2.3 pages)
- Reflective Writing Writing 121 has become a very useful class for me. I have completed many writing assignments with different writing styles. I am very thankful for this class because I have not just learned general ways of writing, but it has also shown me where I have grown and how I can improve. Over the years writing has always been a challenge for me. This class has taught me a lifelong lesson of how to use my writing in my everyday life and throughout my future. As to what I have accomplished this term, I have completed twenty-two writing assignments.... [tags: Writing, Writing style, Composition studies]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- When I started this class I thought I was somewhat alright writer. I understood the basics of writing and believed I knew how to write an entertaining piece. All of the papers we wrote showed me one of my weaknesses as a writer. The first paper we wrote about ourselves helped me to understand that I wasn’t as good a writer as I thought. Any paper, had it been the first, would have showed me this. When I sent my paper I thought it was the best thing I had ever written, however when I got my grade back and it was a b I realised my best wasn’t good enough and I needed to step it up if I wanted to really be proud of my papers.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Creative writing, Writer]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- This creative writing class was one of my favorite classes, if not my favorite class of the semester because it let me expand on my writing and create more stories and poems. The writing assignments were one of my favorite homework assignments to do because I liked having prompts to give me options on what I could write about. I was rather stiff at first when it came to writing, but this class taught me how to be more lucid in my writing, and taught me some new strategies that have helped me better my writing.... [tags: Writing, Creative writing, Writer, Short story]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- Writing About Writing Writing plays an important role in our everyday live because it is an inevitable part of life. We have different styles of writing, and some of us may use it daily to communicate with our families, friends, coworkers, and customers. If we are a businessperson, our writing will focus on business letters. If we are a preschool teacher, our style of writing will look like journals, note takings, and reports. If we are students, most of your writings are about class assignments like discussion, journal, research paper.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Academic writing, Meaning of life]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- I personally do not enjoy writing like most people would feel about reading a dictionary. I am cautiously treading water with every word I type. I have always found writing to be a tedious process. I have never found ease in wording something the way I want to; therefore, it usually sounds so much better in my head. I’ve never considered myself to be comfortable with writing in general. For example, I always had a hard time telling if I needed a comma in a sentence or not. Sometimes it was obvious, but it seems more confusing most of the time.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Linguistics, Communication]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- My well-worn sneakers paced the ground beneath them with a syncopated rhythm that communicated to the rest of the world, “I’m on a mission!” The black sole meets the dirt path with fervor as the leaves and dirt dissipate from behind me forging lines in the dirt like a red path from a navigation screen. I have always enjoyed running outdoors in Colorado. The cool breeze provides redemptive counsel for my stress, and my heart churns the thin air into my body—beat by rhythmic beat blood involuntarily pulsates through my veins.... [tags: Writing]
2012 words (5.7 pages)
- Writing Mountains are tall. If you are stupid enough to jump off one you fall fast and you land hard. The five-paragraph theme is my mountain and I have just jumped right off it. There don't seem to be any outcroppings to grab for, and my assignment is to discuss my cliff as I continue to drop from it. So I will not grab. I will let myself fall, and hope for pillows at the end. I feel lost without my introduction to conclusion formula started at the beginning of this paper. Why do I have to do this assignment.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing Education Essays]
1132 words (3.2 pages)