People have different ideas and methods that help them concentrate when writing. I use two different methods when I write. I, personally, like to have silence and listen to music when I write. Sometimes, I get tired of the silence and like to jam out. Music helps me get creative and think things through. Also, I liked to be relaxed when writing, so music helps me do that.
My attitude towards writing is mixed emotions. Writing stresses me out and can cause me to get anxious. I feel self-centered because writing is not my strong suite. If I like the topic that I am writing, I will get excited about it. I also think writing is very important, because it helps people be knowledgeable. You will use writing throughout your lifetime, by typing up an email or writing a paper for school. Some people have good experiences with writing and reading. I, however, have alright experiences with writing. I am not a very good writer, but I am not a bad one either. In sophomore year, I worked very hard on a english research paper and my teacher gave me a D. I was devastated, stressed out even more, and exhausted from the stress. My other english teachers were a bit more understanding than my sophomore english teacher. I really do try my hardest to succeed in writing.
I have many difficulties when it comes to writing. My mind thinks faster than my hands can type. Therefore, I will mak...
... middle of paper ...
...are not writing the full words when texting. This could and will cause problems in the near future. We are losing important skills because technology is doing the hard work for us. Technology is a good thing, when needing something to check our grammar and spelling. We shouldn 't always rely on it to do the hard work for us. We want to become knowledgeable not less knowledgeable.
My personal philosophy in writing and reading, is we should do it to expand our way of thinking. We should write just for fun. Writing shouldn 't have to be hard or difficult. We should practice at reading and writing so we can become better. We should write about something that we are passionate about. If we do that we will learn to love and not hate the thought of writing. Read something that we always dared to read. Expand our ways of doing something so simple and yet powerful.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Writing is an important and useful way to communicate with people. Without an essential writing skill, people may have difficulty communicating with others. In Pace University, English Department focuses on improving students writing by adding a workshop class to improve students ' writing. Over the course of the semester, I have learned a better technique and tips from Professor Boylan, reading an essay from authors and class discussion. Writing had always been one of my weaknesses, but it was challenging to take that initial step past high school.... [tags: Writing, Better, Improve, Writer]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Language was and still is the way people communicate. Language has developed by the evolving culture of people and social conventions. As the capacity of humans continues to evolve, so does the transformation of language into new specialised varieties of using it (Gee & Hayes, 2011). Although cultural and social conventions continue to change and carry out the ideologies of individuals and develop these specialised varieties such as the language of medicine, law and physics, there are different types of ways to use language (Caruso, 1997, p.19).... [tags: Communication, Language, Linguistics]
1729 words (4.9 pages)
- This semester in CT 2000 has been informative in the ways that the people of our earth communicate. Everything we do alters into the conversations we have with people from our tone of voice to the shoes on our feet. There are 7 concepts that we touched on in the class over the past months and they are all keys to being an effective communicator. We began the semester with The Self and Communication, then went on to learn about or practice Culture and Communication, Verbal and Nonverbal Communication, Listening, Interpersonal Communication, Small Group Communication, and Public Communication.... [tags: Communication, Nonverbal communication, Writing]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Words With Friends: How Letter Writing Influences Literacy Getting the mail was the best part of the day. The thrill of opening the mailbox door and seeing a letter with your name was both incomparable and indescribable. Writing letters made writing fun. For centuries, letter writing has been a significant form of communication- regardless of social class, age, and gender. In fact, letter writing “remains one of the most pervasive literate activities in human society” to this day (Barton and Hall 1).... [tags: Writing, Creative writing, Writing process]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- The purpose when it comes to writing is understanding many things about the topic and also knowing about the task, audience, and the goals the writer wants to accomplish. The task of writing could vary from entertaining, persuading or even to inform the audience whom the writer is composing for. The next purpose of writing is the audience someone is writing for and how they affect how something is written. Understand who the audience is, what the audience is expecting to know, and also be aware of what the audience already knows.... [tags: Writing, Creative writing, Writing process]
1565 words (4.5 pages)
- The purpose of this memo is to reflect on my progress that I have been improving from taking the technical writing class, English 235. By studying and practicing for the fundamental of the technical writing within eleven weeks, I have learn a new perspective of writing, and know how to inform others, by using a different techniques and different styles of writing. Through the technical writing class, I learned many necessary skills that can be used in the next level college class, workplace, and future career.... [tags: Learning, Writing, Creative writing, Skill]
1409 words (4 pages)
- Writing is an important process because writers need to constantly write, edit, revise, and more revise in order to improve not only their paper as a whole, but it is also a mean for the writer to improve their skill in writing. This statement that we made on our first day of the semester about the writing process has stayed true to its meaning until now. Writing is not only a skill to satisfy oneself, but it is also used to communicate with other people or reader if an author is trying to write up a novel.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writer, Learning]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- I personally do not enjoy writing like most people would feel about reading a dictionary. I am cautiously treading water with every word I type. I have always found writing to be a tedious process. I have never found ease in wording something the way I want to; therefore, it usually sounds so much better in my head. I’ve never considered myself to be comfortable with writing in general. For example, I always had a hard time telling if I needed a comma in a sentence or not. Sometimes it was obvious, but it seems more confusing most of the time.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Linguistics, Communication]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Experience with writing Is college writing painful and hard to come up with good ideas. English writing is different than other languages, we must follow a series of rules to complete an assignment. First, we need to understand the basics in grammar in order to use them properly in our writing assignments. If we excel in grammar, our essay will be much more lucid and logical to read than it was originally. Writing is a skill that must be mastered through practice; thus, one cannot be proficient at it if he or she does not have enough practice.... [tags: Essay, Writing, United States, Idea]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- My Writing Abilities Writing is a powerful tool that people use all over the world. Writing allows people to communicate ideas, thoughts, stories, and more. Writing is more than just putting coherent words on a paper to make it a comprehensive text; it is about how the content is formatted, styled, and expressed. When a writer takes this into consideration, they are developing as a writer. As a writer, I would characterize myself as a moderate to good writer. Like any writer, I have my strengths, weaknesses, and lack of confidence at times.... [tags: Writing, Creative writing, Paper, Writing process]
1002 words (2.9 pages)