All writing assignments are challenging for me. Writing requires brainstorming time to build up your ideas for the essay. My second essay in our class is the midterm essay. The class has to write a critical analysis about one of the selected reading our class had. The first essay helps me improve on how to write the midterm essay because of the comments that are written in my first essay. I also have struggle on finding what idea I was going to use, but I am able to come up with one. Another essay we had is the in class essay which is more challenging compared to the midterm essay. This essay needs time management which is more challenging that the take home essay.
In the midterm essay, my favorite part is when I constructed and brainstormed many ideas. I also like the part where the tutors and professor were able to help me which made it easier for me to make a great paper. In this paper. I used symbols, which is one of the literary analysis, as the main idea in the essay. One of the techniques is to make an outline in order to organize my ideas for the essay. It has helped me make a good start and saved me time. One thing I find difficult with this essay is develop a good thesis since I kept on changing it because I kept adding more topics for my idea which means I had to revise the outline too. Although I was a bit struggling wi...
... middle of paper ...
...sis and time management. Even though I still did not have enough time to revise. I am able to finish the essay in time. Compare to the other writing assignment, this is the most challenging one since it is an in class essay.
Throughout the semester, I have learned a lot especially on how to make a better essay. I have learned more about how to develop a good thesis in order to make it clear and concise, and also how to provide proper evidence with it. I also learned how to use a proper MLA citation now. These skills I have learned in class will surely help me in the future. Moreover, I hope in the future, I will be able to overcome my problem with some of my sentence structure and avoid wordiness. Although this class is challenging, it is still a great class for the students will be able to learn a lot from it especially on how to write a well constructed essay.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Writing assignments over this course of time have gave knowledge and taught new processes for specific types of assignments. My attitude overall this semester has changed towards the writing process, as before I only use to pay attention to developing my three main ideas. Now I give attention to throws cited, grammar, structure and organization of the paragraphs. Essay’s overall presentation, problem solution and convincible factors lead to a good essay. This essay reflects level of difficulty or ease to produce essays, all the possible tasks and processes involved, and writing process of specific essay.... [tags: Essay, Writing, Essays, Rhetoric]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- Reflective Writing Writing 121 has become a very useful class for me. I have completed many writing assignments with different writing styles. I am very thankful for this class because I have not just learned general ways of writing, but it has also shown me where I have grown and how I can improve. Over the years writing has always been a challenge for me. This class has taught me a lifelong lesson of how to use my writing in my everyday life and throughout my future. As to what I have accomplished this term, I have completed twenty-two writing assignments.... [tags: Writing, Writing style, Composition studies]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- Writing is by far the most challenging course I’ve ever had. It is a combinations of grammars, dictions, and proper conjugation that when done correctly, produce a beautiful piece of language. I for one, did not do very well in my attempt to writing a beautiful language. Well according to JK Rowling, “one must fail in order to succeed”, her quote is kind of inspiring for me but the better question I have for her is how much do I have to fail to succeed. My writings are like sort of driving on a road that is full of holes and cracks.... [tags: Writing, Thought, Essay, Mind]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- Writing has always been challenging for me because of the complexity of multiple rules. In the beginning of the semester I constantly worried about the structure of my writing and its overall material. In high school it was important for me to complete my essays by answering the questions that I was given, but in college, students go more into depth such as focusing in grammar, and well structured ideas that flow along with rich analytical content. After given my first assignment I was pushed to improve my overall work by focusing on organization and thinking more analytically.... [tags: Essay, Writing, Meat, Livestock]
1603 words (4.6 pages)
- Writing is like art- it helps us to express ourselves. However, writing differs from art in that it has to follow specific parameters, such as structure, syntax, grammar, and so on. At the beginning of the quarter, I had preconceived ideas as to what "good" writing was, and how I should go about it. While working on my first assignment, I discovered that to be reasonably successful at this I had to leave behind my perceptions of writing as it is accepted in my country and to start from scratch. Throughout this portfolio, I demonstrate my development and growth as a writer.... [tags: Writing Analysis]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- I can safely say I absolutely dreaded taking this class, I tried everything I possibly could to choose anything besides writing 101. Writing and grammar have been my weakness for as long as I can remember. I ignored or avoided anything pertaining to writing my entire time in school, it is actually one of the main reasons I hated school and performed so badly. All other subjects came very easy to me, I didn’t even need to study or open a text book on most occasions, but writing was like a nightmare.... [tags: Writing, Writing style, Essay, Writing process]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- Personal writing Statement This semester in English 102 has been a great learning experience for me as a student. With each writing project I have grown as a writer learning new was of conducting and structuring an essay with MLA, or APA. Also this class has taught me how to create new works research writing from one original writing assignment, which I thought to be very helpful and interesting to learn rather than writing a whole new paper. English 102 was also a great experience with sentence structure and grammar which was another area of writing that I believe I have excelled in.... [tags: Learning, Writing, Psychology]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- I feel as though this class has helped me become a more polished and professional writer. When I first entered English 110, I was extremely unsure and lacked confidence in my writing. I believe that this point can be partly attributed to the fact that I had always had my instructors holding my hand and helping me through the writing process in high school. My senior English teacher always reminded us that college would be much more challenging than her class was and then she would go on to tell us stories of professors who gave out zeros for tiny oversights within a paper.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Michel Foucault, Panopticon]
1712 words (4.9 pages)
- Introduction: Welcome to my Composition 105 Portfolio. Comp.105 has built upon many skills that are imperative to being the best writer, reader and student possible. This course has touched on skills that have been previously focused on while also introducing new concepts for me to consider as a reader and writer. Some of the skills include, approaching writing as a process in composing formal and informal pieces, reading a range of texts critically and controlling tone, style and voice of my writing.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writing process]
1644 words (4.7 pages)
- During this semester, I have done various work such as reading and writing. This work includes reading articles from the book and writing essays. Some of the work I did was a challenge at the beginning, but I was able to persist and overcome those barriers. During the time I been in this class, I have learned many important strategies that have helped me improve in various ways. One major method that has improved my academic skills and quality in education has been the use of the Habits of Mind.... [tags: Essay, Writing, Learning, Writing process]
1362 words (3.9 pages)