Several consideration are accounted for when collecting data within Wright County such as surveys, ethnicity, social, culture, income, employment, poverty, education and quality health insurance (Wright County, 2014).
According to, The Wright County Public Health Task Force the top ten health priority issues as follows: obesity, chronic disease, mental health, injury, chemical health, environmental health, unplanned pregnancy, violence, poverty, and infectious disease (Wright County, 2014).
The Wright County Public Health Task Force will inform educate, and empower the citizens of wright county on prevention of obesity, chronic disease, mental health, injury, chemical health by implementing:
• Active classrooms
• Providing healthy food in schools and childcare centers
• Encouraging active living in the community
• Providing access to healthy food in the community
• Providing worksite wellness programs
• Providing community linkages with local clinics and hospitals
• Providing advanced community Linkages to organizations outside of Wright County (Wright County, 2014).
• Providing health screenings and for early detection
• Wellness On Wheels (WOW) van which provides several healthy, active lifestyle brochures and educational materials, and provide free blood pres...
... middle of paper ...
...ils and eliminated the need for mobile hot spot, camera, and digital recorder" (Wright County, 2015).
Electronic Document Management System (EDMS), allows electronic distribution incoming, written correspondence, received by the agency, and stores closed cases (Wright County, 2015).
According to the Wright County Annual report, Public Health measures the success of programs through performance measures. National Core Competencies direct staff development needs. In addition to State and national data outcomes and similarities. Furthermore, "Utilizing the OMAHA System to determine success of interventions (Wright County, 2015).
According to Wright County Public Health, "Collaboration with our community plays a key role in reaching the entire population in order to promote healthy behaviors, offer resources, and prevent the spread of disease" (Wright County, 2015).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Week six concentrated on the assessment and planning processes that result in the policies, programs, and services that public health professionals use to intervene in major public health problems. I also noticed and learned the importance of the stakeholders to the successful outcome of community projects. I realized that the people who live and work in the communities are the most affected by the assessments, plans, and interventions enacted by the public health department and hence, must be included in the decisions processes of proposed projects.... [tags: Public health, Health, Health care]
1590 words (4.5 pages)
- The second issue prioritized in the improvement plan, based on the findings of the community health assessment, is identifying how to increase “utilization of and access to preventive care, and support healthy behaviors.” In addition, this task includes improving “knowledge and capacity to manage stress in a healthy way” (Read, 2012). These two strategic issues were combined as one issue because of significant overlap. Stress is an underlying cause of many preventable health conditions. Familial stress was identified as an issue that is more and more common in the region, and in the community health survey, respondents identified many areas of stress that affect health.... [tags: Health, Health care, Public health]
841 words (2.4 pages)
- The event I attended was the Opiate Task Force Meeting and was located at the Cuyahoga Public Health Department in Parma, Ohio on April 26, 2016. I chose this event to help tie in the subject of opiate addiction in Cuyahoga County and the high drug use from East Cleveland in my Windshield survey. I wanted to hear what was happening on the other end, the “helping” portion for the addicts. The mission of the Opiate Task Force is “To serve the residents of Cuyahoga County by actively working to raise public awareness, promote community action, and provide education related to the dangers and devastating effects of drug abuse.” (Cuyahoga County Opiate Task Force, n.d.).... [tags: Drug addiction, Addiction, Heroin, Morphine]
1306 words (3.7 pages)
- Hospitals have made enormous strides in recent years in the adoption of electronic health records (EHRs); software systems that create a digital version of a patient’s chart (American Hospital Association, 2015). The National Planning Frameworks address the five mission areas of disaster management preparedness – prevention, protection, mitigation, response, and recovery. (U.S. Department of Homeland Security, National planning frameworks, 2013). The framework has been put into to place to ensure that community health tracking and bioterrorism surveillance systems provides a clear and stable guideline for healthcare providers and public health officials as it relates to recognizing di... [tags: Health care, Electronic health record]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- I completed my practicum at the State University Health Research Center. The HRC was launched in March 2014 by the State School of Medicine. Its mission is to utilize the Community-based Participatory Research (CBPR) approach to build the community capacity and leadership for health promotion and disease prevention across the diverse populations of the county. The HRC is funded by a 5-year, $4.1 million grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as part of the Prevention Research Centers Program.... [tags: Community Health Internship]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- The Los Angeles Probation County Department I chose to report on the Los Angeles Probation County Department. The Probation department is apart of the corrections branch of Criminal Justice. I sat down and interviewed a peace officer. The first important question that I asked was "what is your agencies primary mission?" Officer replied, "Our primary mission here in Probation is to promote and improve public safety, guarantee victims' rights, and assist the positive behavior change of adult and juvenile probationers." The probation departments' most important issue to date is size.... [tags: Papers]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- SAFETY AND SECURITY As stated earlier the safety and employees and staff is of primary concern to Texas Health Denton. Texas Health Denton has developed policies and procedures to control the entrance and exit to their facility, individuals within the facility and traffic access in and around the facility. In addition, security has established working relationships with community law enforcement, other security assets, and developed procedures on how they would coordinate with them in a crisis.... [tags: Health care, Patient, Hospital]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Family health care nurses work throughout the community, providing direct health care services for the promotion of preventive medicine and good health. The family nurse helps the public with resources, interventions and increased accessibility to all systems of health care to help improve the overall health of the populations (Kaakinen, Coehlo, Steele, Tabacco, & Hanson, 2015). Throughout this paper I will discuss how families within my community benefit from local facilities. I will also describe three ways in which a family health nurse is useful within the community.... [tags: Public health, Health, Nursing, Health economics]
774 words (2.2 pages)
- Interview Information Executive Director Hannah Byron, was appointed at the end of 2014 (December 26th). In a press release, Paul Davies M.D., Chair of the Natalie M. LaPrade Medical Marijuana Commission. Described Mrs. Byron, as an “extraordinarily effective public official,” (Davies, 2014) with years of public service. Byron was the Assistant Secretary of the Division of Tourism, Film and the Arts within the Department of Business and Economic Development (Maryland DHMH, 2014), prior to her appointment.... [tags: Cannabis, Tetrahydrocannabinol, Maryland]
1484 words (4.2 pages)
- To Health and Back To understand health care and its complexities, let’s first take a look at how it is defined in the dictionary. The American Heritage Dictionary defines health care as the prevention, treatment, and management of illness and the preservation of mental and physical well-being through the services offered by the medical and allied health professions. Now that we have a definition of health care let us further explore and understand the concepts of traditional and alternative health care.... [tags: essays research papers]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- High School Vs. College
- Should Steroids Be Legal?
- Desiree 's Baby, By Kate Chopin
- Designating Control Of Education : The State Of Federal Influences The Structure, Operation, And Academic Programs Of
- How Rhetorical Appeals On A Wild Tongue By Gloria. 't Belong Somewhere?
- Designing An Terrain Vehicle ( Atv )