On February 2, 2006 was the worst day of my life. I was 8 years old. In third grade at Lockport Upper Elementary school. I woke up thinking it would be a normal day of school. I knew something was wrong when I opened my eyes and my neighbor was waiting for me to wake up. She asked me what I was going to wear today. I told her my khaki school pants and my red school shirt. That was my daily outfit. But she told me I wasn’t going to school. That’s when you know something is wrong. Your parents aren’t home, your neighbor is getting you dressed and now you’re not going to school. What is going on? So I told her what I wanted to wear. I picked out some black shorts and a blue tshirt from my closet. I asked her where we was going since I wasn’t going to school and she had told me the hospital. She said that something had happened to my dad.
From that moment I sat in the backseat of the car thinking about all of the outcomes of this situation till I arrived at the hospital. I kept picturing in my mind that he was laid out on a gurney, showing no life. It was like I knew he was gone already. I was hoping my dad was fine and healthy and that nothing bad happened to him. Hoping that he would be fine and me, my mom, and my dad would go back home together. But I’ll tell yall that wasn’t the case. I wouldn’t be going...
... middle of paper ...
...place to get away. Her name was Mrs. Janelle. It was like she was my best friend. I pretty much told her everything.
It all hits you at one time. You realize you will never get to see him or get advice from him while you’re growing up. I won’t ever get to watch another saint’s game with him again. That used to be our thing to do on Sundays during the NFL season. The saints used to be really bad back in those days so we would spend our time making fun of how bad they were. I remember throwing the football with him in the backyard and every time he drops it or I make a bad throw, I would have to go pick it up for him. He couldn’t bend down cause of his bad hips. Moments like these you cherish forever.
Words of advice, cherish everything you have because it could be gone the next day. Don’t wait for it to happen before you realize it. Take action before it happens.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The worst day of my life happened to me when I was twelve. In order to understand that day, you must know what happened in order to get there. This included a spiral of events that led to the day that changed my life forever. Since before I was born, my parents did drugs. This caused me to not be like my fellow classmates, because I had to think and act differently. While one seventh grader was wondering about what camp they would go to during the summer, I was wondering how I could survive without eating school food for three months.... [tags: Father, Mother, Family, Parent]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- On April 10, 2014, was the worst day of my life. I came in for a procedure to be done on this day. I was very nervous because I knew Growing up in the hood as young man was hard for me not getting everything that the other kids where getting it was hard for my mother knowing she was a single parent trying her best to keep the lights on for our family growing up with no father never had no one to tell me right from wrong had to learn on my own until this day I’m still learning still doing some dumb things that’s wrong pushing family and friends out my life .... [tags: Mother, Family, Father, Parent]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- I got two hours of sleep that night because I woke up at seven in the morning. This was the worst day of my life. I had to help my mother pack our things as she sobbed uncontrollably. I also thought I would never get to be with Matt 's sons again, who I had known since I was eleven. They were like brothers to me and they were the only people who understood what each other was going through when it came to family issues like this. I thought I was never going to get to act like idiots or have serious conversations with them again.... [tags: Family, Mother, Father, Happiness]
1429 words (4.1 pages)
- It was a beautiful Saturday October 20, 2012. The sun was out the air was fresh and the wind blew around 5-10 mph. I rode the train downtown to check on a celebrity grooming job and when I got there the place was nice. I sat down to talk and have tea with the stylists and owner at the salon to get me prepared for the job. After everything was explained and I got to know everyone I received a call from Vanessa. Vanessa has been my best friend for 8 years. She wanted to meet up with me and have a talk.... [tags: personal narrative]
559 words (1.6 pages)
- Hello friends, it's almost two months I haven't posted a single content as got a bit busy in my clients and on my niche sites. Today's post is about my personal experience what I faced even after I was having my Backup all I can say is a matter of luck. So we are not going to discuss how to take a backup of your site, it's just about how important is to have a backup so that you are ready for any disaster. www.techelev.com was my first blog, and everybody knows the feeling of first love. Still it was not one of the best site, but I learned from it a lot.... [tags: ship, corrupt, hard disk]
631 words (1.8 pages)
- I was born on november 27, 1997 in guadalajara, Jalisco. One of the most prettier places on Mexico. As it has countless tourist places to visit and admire. During my childhood, I passed for a hard situation every six months, something that is not normal for some kids. This situation was that my dad every six months traveled to Madera, CA. for job. He worked for half year in this country.Therefore; I did not saw him for a long time. Every year I just waited to the time to see my dad. When he returned, that day became the best day of my life, since my dad was with me again.... [tags: High school, Family, Academic term, Debut singles]
1908 words (5.5 pages)
- The Worst Day of My Life It was the worst day of my life. I really had no attention of getting caught but unfortunately it was one of my unlucky days. The morning of July 16th was sunny and clear in New Delhi, the sun was glowing on his full height; the school ground was full of grade seven kids running around and playing soccer. Me and my other grade eight friends were there too sitting by the soccer ground on a shiny green grass and enjoying the hot sunny day of July 16th. “You know we are suppose to be in English class right now”, said the guy with the blond hair name Sunil.... [tags: Short Stories Personal Narratives Essays]
1405 words (4 pages)
- September 12, 2016 was the worst morning of my life. Actually, I can honestly say the worst experience. It is worse than when I cut my finger last year. It all started approximately two to three weeks ago. Let me explain, how the situation evolved. I still really can not imagine how it concluded. That day, I learned there are no shortcuts around some things; you just have to do it. I am taking a Lakeland Community College Credit Plus (CCP) class this semester. It is a college level English class.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Idea, Short story]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- In an amusing, lively fictional memoir, "The Worst Intentions" from Alessandro Piperno, thirty-three-year-old narrator, Daniel spends just over three hundred pages describing the confused fortunes of the disturbed, odd Jewish-Italian Sonnino people specially describing father and sons relationships which lacks in communication, social pressure of remaining prestigious part of society. The book begins with Daniel’s description of his grandfather, Bepy, the charmingly insincere head of the Sonnino.... [tags: Piperno Worst Intentions Father Son Relations]
1966 words (5.6 pages)
- The day my worst fears came to life. I never thought I would live to see the day I couldn’t get back to my home within in a few days. August 27, 2005, was the last day that I would ever live in Louisiana again. Maria Nunez lived in Louisiana for more than forty years and have gone through some major hurricanes in her life. Nunez just arrived a few years earlier to New Orleans in 1965 when hurricane Betsy made landfall. That was her first major hurricane that she lived through, she stated “In my youth we treated it like a party for everyone to get together” We went in to the streets when the power went out.... [tags: New Orleans, Hurricane Katrina, Louisiana]
1407 words (4 pages)