Football teams are assembled together with a large number of roles; players, coaches, managers, specific positional coaches, treasurers, even physiotherapists depending on what level of football the team is playing at. The most common roles in grassroots football teams are known to hold just playe...
... middle of paper ...
...aim of this research project has therefore been to try and establish a better understanding of female footballer player’s perceptions of male and female coaches and whether the gender of the coach affects the coach-athlete relationship. This study aimed to address the following research question of “Is the coach-athlete relationship enhanced if the coach is the same gender as the athletes?” this was conducted in the form of a questionnaire with data being gathered from the University of Worcester ladies football club, first and second teams. The findings from these set groups should make an important contribution to the field of sports coaching and the psychological aspect of the coach-athlete relationship. A full discussion of the coach-athlete relationship lies beyond the scope of this study, with previous research being investigated and new research being created.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Football is a sport that has two definitions depending where you are from. For example, in most countries they think soccer but, in the United States they think American football. Despite which one you refer too, they both have loyal fans that cheer for their teams no matter what. These two sports excite people whether it’s the super bowl or the world cup. Although they have the same name in common there are many other similarities as well as differences. Soccer has many similarities with American football such as the way the game begins, ends, and is played.... [tags: American football, Association football, Football]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- Football is the most popular sport in America and also the ninth most popular sport in the world for a reason. Football has had a severe impact on many people’s lives. Football teaches unique lessons in a hands on manner. The sport helps athletes like myself sustain a much more adventurous life and it teaches them vital life lessons. Football has had an immeasurably positive influence upon my life, but the sport has it dangers. Football changes lives. Football can change your life in either a positive or negative way.... [tags: American football, High school]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Football is one of the three most popular sports in the United States. The modern game of football most likely originated from England (hornetfootball.org). Walter Camp, a football coach for Yale, is known as “the Father of American Football” because he made several changes to the game of football (historyoffootball.net). The first professional football league was established in 1920, and it was made popular because of the invention of the television. Football is a mixture of science and religion which can be proved in the science of football, the religious interpretation of football, and the players’ use of their religion.... [tags: National Football League, American football]
1820 words (5.2 pages)
- Soccer and American football are two of the most popular sports in the world. Soccer is thought to be the most prominent game on the planet and American football is known as America 's most loved game. Soccer is referred to as “football" or "futbol" in most countries besides the U.S. While both games are to a degree alike, they have real contrasts that make them so special and pleasant for their cherished fans. “Football and soccer are mostly similar (in team aspect) with some notable differences (positions and skill set).... [tags: Association football, Football]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- Football is one of the most competitive sports in the world. Those who play must have determination and motivation to make it to the National Football League. But once the players get there, it is worth all the hard work for the money they will be making. It is a process to receive those big pay checks though, and it takes a great coaching staff to push the players to that level of success. Whether in the NFL or at the collegiate level players have to push themselves to be the best they can. Money.... [tags: National Football League, American football]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- Football, one of the most beloved pastimes and fastest growing sports in America, is making its way into our lives more than we could ever realize. Our lives are surrounded by football. A large number of people watch professional football on Sundays, Mondays, and Thursdays. They also watch collegiate football on Saturdays, and high school football on Fridays, all while checking player stats and injuries for fantasy football or for small talk among friends. Most people dedicate one day a week just for sitting on the couch, eating snacks, and watching non-stop football.... [tags: American football, National Football League]
1683 words (4.8 pages)
- College Football vs. Professional Football Football has been defined as one of the most competitive sports in the world. There are many different levels of playing, such as flag, high school, college, and professional. Where most of the rules stay the same no matter what stage of playing you are at, some things do change. When coaching in flag football for little kids you won’t be making money, the players aren’t recruited, and you don’t have a set number of players for your team. When playing n college and in the National Football League (NFL) all of those things come into play.... [tags: National Football League, American football]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- At the snap of the ball a whole players world could come crashing down. The game of football holds a whooping 47% of all concussions reported in the world, while ice hockey and soccer trail behind. Football is America’s sport and its athletes become the world’s pride and joy, but what happens when an athlete is injured and is struggling to mentally get better. This topic hits close to home for me because it was the one sport my family praised and adored. My older brother who is now twenty five, played highschool football for the Laconia Sachems.... [tags: American football, National Football League]
1821 words (5.2 pages)
- American football derives from rugby, a British game. Ivy League colleges were the first to play American Football games. Harvard was the first college to finally develop standardized rules for the game. Football, America’s great pastime and most popular sport. Why do we love it so much. People enjoy the shared experience, the socialization it offers. Others appreciate the technical aspects of the game, the strategy involved, what it takes to win. Some are in it just for the money, playing fantasy football leagues to owning the teams themselves.... [tags: American football, Football, Football helmet]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- Football too many Americans is the sport in which an oval shaped ball is thrown to another person in order to score a touchdown. But if you ask anywhere else in the world what football is, they might responded that it is the world’s best sport, and that there home team or favorite team is the best there is. Both sports share a name but other than that they are both two very different beings. Both sports have some kind of governing body that regulates and upholds rules that are set in place. Football has the FIFA (International Federation of Association Football) and American football has the NFL (National Football League).... [tags: American football, Football]
1032 words (2.9 pages)