In the light of the changes within the technological world, Salesforce needed to come up with a solution to allow a “platform as a service” (PaaS) enabling developers to create add-on applications for salesforce.com. This PaaS has allowed Salesforce to give the same functionality to all it’s over 55,400 customers. This is allowing them to gain the benefits of high-scale performance and functionality that some of the smaller customers would not have the money to invest in on their own. There are seven standards that Salesforce must consider having cloud computing platforms, these are recommendations, each specific industry and/or customer will have their own specific security requirements. By adhering to these seven before even getting to specifics with a customer often times Salesforce has all of the security that a specific customer needs and more.
1. World-Class Security: Customer’s data is protected from multidimensional security breech possibilities. Some of the examples of the measures taken are user authentication, physical security, application security, and data encryption. Salesforce also has the following security certifications, SAS 70 Type II, ISO27001, third-party vulnerability, and SOX. By obtaining these certifications it allows the customers to know what type of security requirements they are meeting without even having to meet with a team
2. Trust and Transparency: To gain and keep the trust of its customers they post daily performance and service-quality data on their website for the public to see the real-time and historical maintenance notices and service status.
3. True Multitenancy: Salesforce operates limited physical infrastructure designed to let users share the physical pieces. This allows for...
... middle of paper ...
...and data entry can be very time consuming and the vision of making it more streamlined is already at the front of the learning and development teams’ minds.
After the full implementation of the Sales Cloud and Force.com 3M plans enhance the package with the Service Cloud and Marketing Cloud. With all of 3M on this single platform, 3M will have access to real time sales data and information on its customers. This will make it easier to project for future sales growth, as well as areas of opportunity. Dashboards will be able to be created quickly by gathering data at the company’s fingertips. Perhaps most importantly, sales representatives, customer service agents, marketing staff, and technical service agents, regardless of country or region of the world, will be communicating on a single platform where information is shared and communication is streamlined and easy.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Data privacy refers to the sensitive information that individuals, organizations or other entities would not like to expose to the external world. For example, medical records can be one kind of privacy data. Privacy data usually contain sensitive information that is very important to its owner and should be processed carefully. Data privacy is not equal to data security. Data security ensures that data or information systems are protected from invalid operations, including unauthorized access, use, exposure, damage, modification, copy, deletion and so on.... [tags: Data, Data analysis, Data mining, Data management]
1396 words (4 pages)
- Abstract This paper focusses on the analysis of the importance of the security baselines by critically looking at the significance of this security baselines on the computer operating system, application system, and various computer network components. This paper, therefore, strives to provide the organizations that do not have security guidelines in place reasons to adopt them by clearly laying down the benefits that will trickle down to them and the security risks they will be protected against.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
1420 words (4.1 pages)
- INTRODUCTION: In today’s world, Data Spill is such an event that the highly unlikely or impossible happens. Data Security is known as shielding an organized body of related information, also called as database security. It is known as Data breach, when the secure information is exposed to the environment that is not trusted. It is occurring repeatedly at many places and the count goes on. The apprehension is this data breach leads to a huge loss to the organization in all aspects.... [tags: data security, data loss]
535 words (1.5 pages)
- According to Weaver (2014), in the today 's business world, different measures ensure the control of data and information access in the corporate sector. Due to the evolving change in technology, it is beneficial as well as risks do exist that organizations must face protecting assets better. The problems exist while implementing information systems strategically in organizations for maximum productivity and at the same time, and to ensure the protection of information assets and corporate data.... [tags: Information security, Security, Risk, Attack]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- Cyber security, also known as information technology security, focuses on protecting computers, networks, programs and data from unintended or unauthorized access, change or destruction. Most aspects of our lives rely on the Internet and computers, including communications (e-mail, cell phones, texting), transportation (traffic control signals, car engine systems, airplane navigation), government (birth or death records, social security, licensing, tax records), finance (bank accounts, loans, electronic paychecks), medicine (equipment, medical records), and education (virtual classrooms, online report cards, research).... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Computer]
1059 words (3 pages)
- http://forums.iobit.com/forum/iobit-security-software/iobit-security-softwares-general-discussions/other-security-discussions/15251-28-types-of-computer-security-threats-and-risA specialized field in computer system security that involves securing a computer system hardware and software. Security is typically handled by a system administrator who implements the security policy, network software and hardware needed to protect a system and the resources accessed through the network from unauthorized access and also ensure that employees have adequate access to resources.... [tags: Computer security, Internet, Password]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- . INTRODUCTION The ever evolving technology plays a major role in the global community and that includes the introduction of the cyberspace which is used by a number of role players with different intentions. In the process, cyberspace becomes a playground for criminal activities whereby cyber crimes are committed. The interdependence of nation states that involve the provision of basic services is also affected as technology is used in the provision of those services globally. Technology is therefore regarded as a critical infrastructure in any country.... [tags: supply chain security]
2544 words (7.3 pages)
- SECURITY Concept of Security However, risk is the likelihood of something bad happening, security help to minimize risks. There is a need to recognize how risk can result from a threat. Some of the common threats are as follows: I. Unintentional threat—natural disasters like flood, fire or snow storms or equipment failure like power failure or network failure. II. Intentional threat---includes theft of laptops, software or data and fraud which translates to unauthorized access to data. In the world of IT, today there are different kinds of security risks.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Physical security]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- Our computer security has been put on the frontlines time and time again. Hackers have found a way through structurally built walls and found access to software, music and movies, games, and social media. This problem is important because there are a number of incidents where someone 's identity has been stolen. Social media pages are being taken over due to hackers. People are getting kicked off their internet servers from the comfort of their homes from DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacks.... [tags: Security, Information security, National security]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- Network Security 1. What is network security. Network security has changed significantly over the past years. There is more and more data to monitor and analyze in order to detect the activity of your data and systems. Securing a network has many variables. Password authentication, network access, patches, anti-virus protection, intrusion detection, firewall and network monitoring tools are just a few of the things you can do to protect yourself. Threats to your network is becoming more complex and it is requiring lots of money, time and sacrifices to keep up with the growing amount of potential attacks.... [tags: Technology Security Network]
1619 words (4.6 pages)