I have a BA in accounting and I am working towards my CPA license in California. I am done with my exams, I just need a year of experience. In order to do an internship with a CPA, the CPAs required me to do some tax work.
So, I research how to get the PTIN number. At the beginning, by looking at the website, the IRS offers PTIN numbers to people without a social security number for religious objections, or people who do not have a social security number and live outside the United States. I applied because I needed the PTIN number and my application was denied. According to the PTIN division, I am not allowed to work in the US. The PTIN department referred me to NAFTA, Social Security, the Immigration website.
I did more research about PTIN regulations in Treasury Decisions 9501 and the regulations seemed more ambiguous. The Treasury regulations said:
“The final regulations apply to tax return preparers regardless of United States or foreign citizenship or residency. The IRS will establish a process to obtain a PTIN for tax return preparers who do not have SSNs.”
I applied one more time citing the Treasury Regulation above, and the PTIN department denied my application for the PTIN number. The PTIN department referred me to NAFTA, Social Secur...
... middle of paper ...
...he internal revenue service has tried to pass legislation to regulate all tax preparers and Congress has denied them that right; congress believes that there is no need to regulate tax preparers. CPAs, lawyers are already regulated by their own state boards.
According to current law, anyone can do income taxes. The constitution does not prohibit someone from doing income taxes as tax preparers and congress has not acted to prohibit people without social security number or ITIN (individual taxpayer identification number) holders from doing income taxes. Therefore, the IRS position is illegal and discriminatory.
I feel frustrated because the IRS is a very powerful institution. People that work for IRS even taxpayers advocates do not want to contradict the IRS. They side with the IRS. The civil right division is my last hope. I hope you can help me with this matter.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Charles Duell, the director of the U.S Patent Office at the beginning of the 20th century prophesied, "Every thing that can be invented has been invented." Looking back, one may remark about the ignorance of this statement, and laugh in the irony of how much has actually changed. However, while the laughter is going on a question in raised; "is it possible that today’s businesses are believing what Duells said, ‘that there is nothing more to come?’" Today, companies have access to some of the most groundbreaking technology, but are they taking advantage of it.... [tags: Accountant CPA Careers Jobs]
1650 words (4.7 pages)
- M is a RN who was working with expired license in the state of Arkansas. She had moved and did not contact the Missouri State Board of Nursing(MOSBN) with new address. She also was addicted to roxanol and hydrocodone. She was taking roxanol from the facility she was employed with at the time that was supposed to be destroyed. The hydrocodone she was ‘drug shopping’ different doctors for prescriptions. The MOSBN was unable to contact to her to inform her license expired in April of 2015. She said that she was also in detox in Florida for a month trying to rehabilitate from an addiction to morphine.... [tags: Morphine, Opioid, Addiction, Codeine]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- The media is a powerful tool and has the ability to influence and change one’s overall perspective of the world and the position they play in it. Although Television shows such as Friday Night Lights are seen as entertainment by consumers, its storyline contributes to the social construction of reality about class in the United States. This essay will discuss how national attitudes towards the working-class and the impoverished are represented in American Television. The purpose of this paper is to comprehend that television shows are not solely designed to entertain consumers but also contain a hidden agenda whose task is to protect certain ideological perspectives and therefore constant fr... [tags: Social class, Working class, Marxism, Middle class]
1442 words (4.1 pages)
- When reading through the online license for Nature Publishing Group for the first time was very confusing. Being unfamiliar with legal terms hindered my understanding of the document and while broad terms were defined in the first clause of the agreement, there were many terms that required further definition from other sources. I often confused the titles Licensee and Licensor and would have to read clauses multiple before I would realize my mistake, and multiple readings would be required to make sense of the clause with the proper understanding of titles/positions.... [tags: License, Royalties, Nature Publishing Group]
712 words (2 pages)
- Many college students obtaining their bachelor’s degree have a total of 120 credit hours, however, if a student is trying to obtain their Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license than they must have 150 credit hours. In order to have 150 credit hours, a student must take approximately of 10-3 credit hour courses after graduation. After completing the additional 30 credit hours, one must then sit for the CPA Exam. The CPA Exam is a total of 14 hours and includes 4 sections, including: auditing and attestation, business environment and concepts, financial accounting and reporting, and regulation.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant, Finance]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- It was the night before my driver’s test, and with each passing hour I felt the anxiety creep into my veins. Vying for first place with high school graduation and prom night, receiving a driver’s license is one of the biggest milestones in a teenager’s life. A driver’s license means midnight runs to Sheetz, road trips to the beach, and rides to the mall without your mom blowing kisses from the car as you walk sheepishly towards your friends. What more could a teenager want than these perks. Of course, I was hyper-aware of all that was at stake in regards to my driver’s test.... [tags: Driving, Automobile, Test, Driver's license]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- For all accounting majors one tough decision each of us must make before graduation is whether or not we want to work in private or public accounting. The usual question that we always bring up is which one makes the most money. Well, that question should hold little importance. The more important questions are what kind of opportunities will each career path open up in the field of accounting and whether or not you personally feel that the public accounting lifestyle is the right fit for you. Public accounting involves the accounting work one does for another company.... [tags: CPA, Finance]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- The Microsoft Public License and How it May Be Utilized Table of Contents About the License 3 Description 4 Legal and Ethical Analysis 5 Compatibility 6 Legal Aspects 7 Future Implications 9 Current Programs 9 Comparing to Other Licenses 10 Conclusion 11 References 12 About the License The Microsoft Public License (MS-PL) is a type of license solution that has been endorsed by the Open Source Initiative for many open source projects. This license was designed with the intention of allowing users to handle programs that are linked to this license option with free access to the source code for a program.... [tags: OSI, program, ethics, Reciprocal license, system]
1857 words (5.3 pages)
- 1. What kinds of licenses are required for these deals. Considering that Finetooth the will be changing the lyrics for parody affect, and the song will both be aired on commercials, and be mechanically reproduced in a form of a singing comb, a license required for these deals will be a license for making derivative work, public performing the work, and a mechanical license. 2. Use the 7 aspects of scope and the 4 Cs to address BOTH licensor and licensee interests. Subject matter: Bigwig Songs and Finetooth may agree that the subject matter of this case is the internationally famous song “Combing Dad’s Hair”.... [tags: License, Royalties, Licenses, Licensure]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- Becoming a CPA Becoming A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) What is a CPA. These three letters mean that you have received a broad-based education. They mean you have passed all parts of a very difficult exam. They mean you have the knowledge, skills and abilities to be a trusted business advisor to your clients or employer. They mean you feel comfortable with the latest technology. They mean you are an ethical individual who can provide an independent analysis. CPA’s are many things. They are chief financial officers for Fortune 500 companies and advisors to small neighborhood businesses.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1312 words (3.7 pages)