The Code of Ethics is envisioned to edify the body of Christ and is intended to be a living Pastoral tool that helps shape our character as we confer with help-seekers in their life destiny with Christ Jesus-the living Head of the Church.
This book is for professional people helpers like Counselors, Guidance counselors, Christian School psychologists, Pastoral Counselors, Pastoral care givers, NursesPastors, youth pastors, Deacons, Elders- and other professionals who interact/ intervene in other people’s lives.
The book addresses issues of: - confidentiality, welfare of help seekers and counselees, justice, benevolence, non Malefiscence, competency, integrity, respect for rights and dignity of help seekers, boundaries of relationships in counseling, truthfulness and candor, multicultural diversity counseling/competence, self respect, professional responsibility, social responsibility, professional commitment, termination and referral, , records handling, electronic communications, and professional qualifications.
The book serves as a framework for how people make decisions and Judgments and how helpers act on them to influence other people’s lives. Decision-making for the Christian helper is ethical when it is firmly Grounded in the Word of God; Led by the Holy Spirit; and Does Not Damage the Help Seeker; for it is only in these that we find a basis for understanding the will of God.
For a background (as a backdrop of Knowledge), the book explores the Bible and Biblical foundations of ethics. It also uses other horizons of understanding including psychology, philosophy, sociology, social work and multicultural underpinnings to bear on the principles and articles.
As help givers, pastoral care givers, counselors, ad...
... middle of paper ...
...ey Bass Pub. 1985.
Wright, Norman. Training Christians to Counsel. Eugene, Oregon: Harvest House Pub. 1977.
http://www.counseling.org Counselling code of ethics: January 2010
http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/uohs/policies-guidance/counse/ January 2010
http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/uohs/policies-guidance/counsel October 2009
http://www.hw.ac.uk/welfare/counselling/ethics.htm code of ethics 2010
http://www.crccertification.com/ code of ethics. 2010
http://www.theaca.net.au/ code of conduct. 2009
http://www.biblegateway.com/ Online Bible New International Version. 2010
http://www.esward.net Free Multisession Electronic Bible: Rick Meyers 2009.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://online.ectaco.co.uk/ Bilingual English-Greek Online Dictionary by ECTACO
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the book The New Guidebook for Pastors, James W. Bryant and Mac Brunson do a magnificent job of identifying and explaining the practical nuts and bolts that make a successful pastorate and a fruitful church. No chapter in this book is more convincing than the very first one. In chapter one Bryant and Brunson address God’s call to preach. “The church may call a man to be its pastor, but God calls a man to preach.” (Bryant and Brunson 2007, 14). The authors make it clear that preaching the Word of God is at the core of the pastoral ministry.... [tags: Pastors, evangelism, Bible]
1319 words (3.8 pages)
- Each week during my practicum experience I gain additional understanding of the impact school counselors make in student lives. To be an effective school counselor, one must recognize each student as individual. A personal goal I set out of this practicum experience is to learn how to identity student needs and understand issues students face in the school environment. Each year the school counselors at Brooke Point High School, organize an Ice Cream Social to welcome new students to the school and help them meet other new students in the school.... [tags: School counselor, Education, University]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- 1) Name one of the ten emerging practices for school counselors and give an example of how you would implement it into your school. One of the emerging practices for school counselors is advocating for students with special needs. When implementing this in my school I would first make sure that I was knowledgeable about working with children with special needs. To best advocate for students I need to be aware of tools that are available to help students with special needs such as 504 plans and IEPS.... [tags: School counselor, Education]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Automatic or manual car, which is a better choice for me. How do they work. Which one should I buy. Why. I’m sure these are questions you have asked yourself when searching for the new car that you’re inspired to buy. Both, an automatic and a manual car make great vehicles to get you from point A to point B. An appropriate choice depends on the car owner. If you’re driving to the city, sitting in traffic all the time, an automatic car may be better for you, although long commutes use a great deal of gas and a manual car uses a deficient amount of gas compared to an automatic.... [tags: Manual transmission, Automatic transmission]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- In personal and professional lives for counselors, they will decide upon moral decisions when situations arise. According to Sheperis, Young, and Daniels (2017), theses typical situations in which counselors may experiences throughout their professional career. Especially, the researchers state, how counselors are sure to their clients in the counseling process and being certain they are using the correct methods which is effective in the measure of research such as questionnaires, surveys, interviews, est (Sheperis, Young, Daniels, 2017, p.... [tags: Ethics, Research, Licensed Professional Counselor]
712 words (2 pages)
- ... We have to be very careful about how we react when we are listing to the conversation. Our body language can give away so much based on how our body is positioned. Wordless communication, or body language, includes facial expressions, body movement and gestures, eye contact, posture, the tone of your voice, and even your muscle tension and breathing (Helpguide.org, n.d.). Developing the ability to understand and use nonverbal communication can help you connect with others, express what you really mean, navigate challenging situations, and build better relationships at home and work.... [tags: training manual, department managers]
1372 words (3.9 pages)
- What Do School Counselors Do. Counselors’ goals vary based on the student population in primary and secondary schools. An example: Title I campus student needs are considerably different from the needs of students from an affluent school and primary student needs are noticeably different from secondary students. All facing unique challenges that make counselors an important change agent in a district. ASCA School Counselor Competencies (I-B-5.p 3) School counselors all have one common thread and it’s nonnegotiable, student success.... [tags: High school, Secondary school, School counselor]
1084 words (3.1 pages)
- Professional Issues that Affect Clinical Mental Health Counselors One of the biggest issues if the desire is to practice with any kind of medical scope, Medicare will pay a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) in many cases, more than they will pay any Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), and in some cases they will not pay an LPC at all. Many LPC’s are able to practice under the umbrella of community mental health agencies and in that aspect, they are able to take Medicaid for payment. However, once licensure is complete, many states will not bill for mental health services to a private LPC practitioner under Medicaid services (Sturm and Gibson, 2012).... [tags: Licensed Professional Counselor]
1812 words (5.2 pages)
- The sibling rivalry between automatic and manual transmissions When buying a new car you always hear the option of do you want a manual or automatic transmission, most people will always chose automatic, for the simple fact that it is easier and safer to drive. Ever since the automatic transmission was made, the market for manual transmissions has gone down dramatically in passenger cars and light vehicles. Most would agree that the sibling rivalry between automatic and manual transmissions has raged in the U.S.... [tags: Manual transmission, Automatic transmission]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- To the Pastors of the Churches of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, grace, peace from God our Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. I thank God for his son Jesus who died on the cross that we might be saved. For God so loved the World, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16). Glory to his name. Amen. I am writing to you concerning proper behavior as Pastors concerning marriage and adultery. Not as judgment, but to insure that you understand the Word of God concerning this issue.... [tags: Religion God Religious]
1271 words (3.6 pages)