Employers are very much aware that employees are not perfect nor will they ever be and will make mistakes along the way, but it is what degree your mistake is considered in the eyes of your employer that may cost your job. Employers have the responsibility to uphold all of their organizations policies, which includes how employees act both at work and for some even when they are not at work. For example, if you worked as a contractor for the government and needed to hold a secret clearance for that particular job, but over the weekend you were caught driving while under the influence of alcohol, that could potentially affect your clearance status. What would that mean for your job status? As far as your government contract is concerned, they have the power to...
... middle of paper ...
...ds on punishment and their future with that organization. When it comes to substance abuse, employers may not have a choice, but to terminate that employee, if that employee holds a security clearance. The employer should care enough, to allow that person to get the help that need for recovery. Even though, cyber bullying is very serious, if the employee takes the right steps to prove that they will not do it again, an employer may be able to simply punish the employee. One the other hand, sexual harassment is the fastest way for termination and can never go ignored. Harassment has to be viewed as a problem that hurts more than just the people involved but the company as a whole. Employers have to make a lot of complicated decisions when it comes to the behavior of their employees, but it is their obligation to make sure that company values are being upheld.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... For food to be designed well, they need to have several key points, like color, placements, and proportions. Also, the points need to complement each other. Color is important in both the food and the tableware. A table that is set with a variety of colors is much more appealing than one that is all white or brown. Very few people are going to want to eat a plate of food that is all white and tan. Plates of food with a variety of colors look much more appealing, and therefore, people, as a general rule, will think that it actually tastes better too.... [tags: presentation, restaurant success]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- Performance Summary My first employment was in November 2012 in which ended in March the following year, 2013. I began as a restaurant server at the Mama Chen restaurant. The various duties that I was entrusted with were greeting the guests and presenting them with the menu on arrival at the restaurant. I would then take the orders for both the food and beverages from the guests of which I was expected to engage the guests in conversation which was intended to provide any assistance that the guests had queries about.... [tags: Management, Strategic management]
1699 words (4.9 pages)
- It’s your first day working as a server at a famous local restaurant. You’ve learned about the job’s regulations and policies at the orientation and found some helpful tips in the employment handbook. During your orientation, your manager talks about choosing an employee of the month every month and sometimes that special employee receives a bonus. Now you’re curious on how you will go about that since everyone you are going to work with, will follow the required rules given at the orientation and the handbook so it’s possible for anyone to be employee of the month.... [tags: impression, help, customers]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- A Classic Erie Restaurant Dining at popular chain restaurants can get boring after awhile, as they tend to have similar atmospheres and can be predictable. Local restaurants, however have a special charm and family feel to them. Every city has their own few special family owned restaurants that are well known amongst the city’s residents. In Erie, PA one of these restaurants is known as Syd’s Place which is located on West Lake Rd near the peninsula. Established in 1933, Syd’s Place has become a staple for many Erie residents as well as those visiting the city.... [tags: Restaurant, Food, Rooms, Eating]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- The experience of sitting down in Provino’s, and serving the table reside together in different worlds. The people who are hopefully enjoying their meals after a day of work, sit next to people whom are trying to make their living. Most customers don’t think about the job at hand, and instead they focus on having the best experience they can. Who can blame them. The worker’s job is to ensure the happiness of the client, but becomes exhausting after countless hours of doing other’s biddings. The way the workers and customers react to the situations around them can mean or feel completely different to the other.... [tags: Eating, Restaurant, Food, Quantification]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Client Server Model Using Distributed and Parallel Computing Submitted by -: Mayank Deora (13116041) B.Tech ECE III year Distributed Computing Distributed computing is a computing concept that refers to multiple computer systems working on a single problem. In distributed computing architecture, a single problem is divided into many parts, and each part is solved by different computers situated at different geographical locations. As long as the computers are connected to each other via a network, they can communicate with each other to solve the problem with a contribution from each node in the network.... [tags: Client-server, Server, Peer-to-peer]
802 words (2.3 pages)
- The nature of our business requires us to have a flexible sales force. Because of that detail we need to be receptive to the needs of our mobile workforce. The most critical tool involved in their success is the ability to reliably connect and access our company networks. These connections can be from employees using company issued laptops or personal computers used from home or on the road. For the most part we have addresses the needs of our sales force on a case by case basis but going forward we really need to ensure we have a defined policy to streamline remote access.... [tags: windows server, network access]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- It was a special day, a day very much akin to a day in a life of a syndicated series, but with no commercials. You see, it was this day one week prior that Captain Planet and the Planeteers had vanquished all of the Eco-Villains (Hoggish Greedly, Dr. Blight, Duke Nukem, Looten Plunder, Verminous Skumm, Sly Sludge, Captain Pollution, and even the nefarious Zarm himself) in an escapade so daring that they incidentally cured global warming, air pollution, and world hunger simply because their heroics were so epic in scale.... [tags: Restaurant Review]
2531 words (7.2 pages)
- Leonardo’s Restaurant is located on 7575 Merriman Rd. in Romulus, Michigan. This restaurant is right next to Detroit Metro-Airport, so that tends to bring in a lot of business. Leonardo’s started out as a carry-out restaurant and gradually moved into a sit-down restaurant. After three years of being in front of the complex on 7575 Merriman,, the owner built a new restaurant in the back of the complex. The new restaurant is 8,000 square feet with a bar area and a banquet room, which was not at the old building.... [tags: Management Business]
2349 words (6.7 pages)
- Yamashiro Restaurant Dave Thomas an American restaurateur and a philanthropist once said, “It all comes back to the basic. Serve customers the best-tasting food at a good value in a clean, comfortable restaurant, and they'll keep coming back.” (thomas). Everyone can agree on Dave Thomas, but I have a couple more criteria to add to his idea of a great successful restaurant. If I go out to eat I might as well pick a place that, though may be expensive, has scrumptious food because why bother going to spend money on food you can make yourself.... [tags: Restaurant Review Yamashiro]
1658 words (4.7 pages)