As I look up in the night sky,
It fills me with curiosity.
Every night I wonder,
About this mysterious world.
What is she doing up there?
Why is she left all alone?
Is it a punishment or a blessing?
The woman sits alone just beyond the light of the moon.
She is there all alone.
Far away from friends and family.
Far away from war and strife.
The rocket ships can 't reach her.
She sits quietly on the dark side of the moon.
She is the moon 's miracle.
A child who once disappeared from earth.
I only see her at midnight.
She seems to be weeping all alone.
I can hear her singing at twilight.
A song filled with joy and cheer.
She sings about the beauty of the earth,
The family she once knew,
The life she once lived.
How did she get there?
Who is she?
Where did she come from?
How can I meet her?
I want to bring her back here.
But, she is way out of my reach.
The birds can 't lend me their wings to fly.
How can I get up there?
With every passing night the glimpse of her silhouette faded.
In the twilight her song became a whisper.
Until one day I couldn 't see or hear he...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “We believe that we invented symbols. The truth is that they invent us; we are their creatures, shaped by their hard, defining edges” Gene Wolfe. A symbol is an event, object, action that represent an idea. Symbols not only represent certain object, but a belief, and they are all around. Authors usually use symbols to add depth to the text because they serve as a connection between the story and the theme. Every symbol is important because they provide meaning beyond what is actually being described.... [tags: Gender, Woman, Moon, Sun]
1048 words (3 pages)
- In this written essay, I chose some photos which were shot by TG KYE, who is a Korean photojournalist. 1, The first photo I chose is about a boy who is jumping. Probably, he is jumping on a high hill, but TG did not shoot the hill that seems like the boy is flying. I think this photo is interesting and catches my eyes because it feels like a freedom. The visual field is wide, and the pose of the boy is also wide that he is stretching his arms and legs. In addition, he takes off his shirt and wears a very loose pants can also express that he does not have any constraint, that he is free.... [tags: boy, jumping, woman, landscape, moon]
664 words (1.9 pages)
- Jean Toomer was bi-racial, sometimes being perceived as white and sometimes black. His race was a catalyst for his writings. Toomer wrote prose and poetry reflecting his ideas about race and gender, not wanting either to be an issue in the future. His writings depict people of all races facing struggles, some gender struggles and some racial struggles. In “Becky” and in “Blood Burning Moon,” Toomer centers around two females. During the time period of his writings and what is still somewhat evident today, gender decides the role a person plays in society.... [tags: comparison compare contrast essays]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- 2. “Under the Same Moon” point by point a. Feminism is a reasons for women to abandon a young child. On the other hand, in the movie “Under the Same Moon” Rosario is a determined woman, responsible, and hard worker. She is a single mother who had to live her 5 year old son, Carlitos, in the care of her mother while she looked for employment opportunities in a different country. Rosario was falling in love with her coworker, Paco, who worked as a security mam at the house where she worked as a house keeper.... [tags: Family, Mother, Employment, Woman]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- Feminism: what on earth, the moon, and an asteroid happened. Feminism; a word more feared than the “million dollar F word” aka the word fuck. The image that might come to mind is the red haired piece of work that pulled a fire alarm to stop a men’s rights presentation a University of Toronto in Canada. The woman who is so angry she is driven to hatred of all men just for being men, the woman that affirms that all men are rapists and are like pigs. That all men oppress women because it is their nature.... [tags: Gender, Transgender, Female, Woman]
1898 words (5.4 pages)
- The Dark Side of the Moon Landing The Final Frontier In 1969, The United States successfully sent the first manned mission to the moon. It was a long time coming, a product of the Cold War’s Space Race. The Cold War began in 1947, between the Soviet Union and the United States. There was no actual fighting in the Cold War, just political conflict, military coalitions, and numerous competitions of brain rather than brawn. Among these competitions is the most famous Space Race. Although the Cold War commenced in 1947, the Space Race did not begin until 1955.... [tags: NASA, Moon Landing, United States]
1464 words (4.2 pages)
- “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.” It was July 20 1969, the day that reshaped our nation and gave us unparalleled dreams for the future. The impact of the day goes far beyond our pride and nationalism; that day would change space exploration and technology forever. Just like a shooting star, that day would give us a glimpse of hope. A chance to see an event so breathtaking and defying, it would be man’s greatest accomplishment in the 20th century. As millions of people watched from their TV sets, a rush of euphoria came over the nation as Neil Armstrong stepped foot on the surface of the moon.... [tags: Space Program Moon Space Race]
1247 words (3.6 pages)
- Me and the Moon Music has always been a crucial part of the way society views the world. Some songs have hidden messages that can change’s one’s life and opinions. Today many songs become popular without having meaning. Something Corporate is a fairly new band, which sings, “Konstanine”, “You’re gone”, “Only Ashes”, and “Me and the Moon”. Being a new band in the music scene, they have caught many listeners attention through their lyrics. One of their more interesting songs is, “Me and the moon”.... [tags: Something Corporate Me and the Moon Essays]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- Never Giving Up in Steinbeck's The Moon is Down Machine Gun fire blasts over your head while your hiding in your home, the only protection available. A slight whistle begins in the distance but it soon becomes closer and closer, its sound becomes louder and more intense with every inch of ground that it covers. Then as soon as it started the whistle becomes an explosion-killing half of your friends and destroying any-thing in its path. The end is near as your town is conquered and you think there is nobody left to fight.... [tags: Moon is Down Essays]
1038 words (3 pages)
- Margaret Wise Brown's The Making of Goodnight Moon The numerous books that Margaret Wise Brown wrote during her short career hold a special place in the hearts of children and their parents. Many readers have no understanding of the scrutiny a book goes through before it reaches the printing press, a book's ultimate goal. Even though Brown would publish several books a year, none is more cherished than "the hypnotic, mystery-laden words and joyful pictures of Goodnight Moon" (Marcus, The Making of Goodnight Moon, 3).... [tags: Margaret Wise Brown Making of Goodnight Moon]
1064 words (3 pages)