According to ( Wikipedia,2014) “Paranormal Activity is the general term that designates experiences that lie outside the range of normal experience or scientific explanation”(pg 1). Many people in the world think ghosts when they hear paranormal activity, but it can also be UFOs, telepathy, etc. Paranormal Activity can neither be scientifically explained nor proven.(Squidoo,2014). There are many forms of paranormal communication . The most common one is mental mediumship. That is mind to mind communication with those in the spirit world. Clairovoyance means clearly seeing the spirits. Clairaudience means clearly hearing the spirits. Then there is Clairsentience which means clear sensing, Clairfragrance means clearly smelling, Clairgustance means clear tasting.(Michael,2014) Paranormal Activity dates back to the beginning of time but really came to notice between (1915-1920).
The belief of witches swept through Europe between the 16th and 17th century. They were believed to be evil and kill infants, cause storms, diseases, etc. (Top 10 Notorious witches,2012). Witches rode broomsticks to get around. It was not a myth. Their brooms were based on magic. The flying stories began in the 1400s. Witches were also believed and known for placing spells on people. They could turn them into other organisms, curse them, or kill them. They believed to worship the devil and often went after young women to be witches.(Bambuser,2014). According to Witch Faq (Salem Tarot,2006)” Witches do not practice the religion of Wicca; instead they practice their craft as an art and/or a ...
... middle of paper ...
Here's the True Story of Ohio's Last Witch Hunt. (2014, March 27). Retrieved from Huffington Post : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/roadtrippers/heres-the-true-story-of-o_b_5043667.html
Ivy, J. (2012, November 10). Top 10 Notorious Witches. Retrieved from http://listverse.com/2012/11/10/top-10-notorious-witches/: http://listverse.com/2012/11/10/top-10-notorious-witches/
Jones, M. (2014, May 4). Spirit Source. Retrieved May 4, 2014, from http://www.myspiritsource.net/experiencing-paranormal-activity.php:
Tarot, S. (2006). Witch Faq. Retrieved from http://www.salemtarot.com/witchfaq.html: http://www.salemtarot.com/witchfaq.html
What is Paranormal Activity? (2014, April 4). Retrieved April 4, 2014, from http://www.squidoo.com/what-is-paranormal-activity: http://www.squidoo.com/what-is-paranormal-activity
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The warm summer breeze lifts your hair from the nape of your neck. The tree’s leafs rustle above your head, as you sit at the foot of their tree. The edge of the pages from your latest fiction novel flicker as you hold the page down to continue your viewing of the world their author has created for you to read. You smile when the protagonist has a small victory, cry when they fail, and even laugh out loud to the jokes they tell. You are in the world made up just for you; you are in a land of fiction.... [tags: Literary Analysis]
2446 words (7 pages)
- Derosa, Robin. “The Making Of Salem, The Witch Trials In History, Fiction, and Tourism” “Miller tries both to offer a disclaimer about the imaginative aspects of his work, and to claim a higher level of veracity for the play’s authority.” (133) “there is no evidence anywhere in any primary source documents that Proctor ever cheated on his wife with anyone.” (136) “But nowhere does he discuss that the affair has been fabricated.” —> discussing fictionality of Miller’s text Salem Possessed, The Social Origins of Witchcraft, Paul Boyer and Stephen Nissenbaum “commerce, not the ministry, was Parris’s first choice” ( 155) “the witchcraft accusations of 1692 moved in channels which were deter... [tags: Salem witch trials, Witchcraft, Witch-hunt]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Summarising the argument in the journal article Is she fact or is she fiction. Angela Carter and the enigma of women, Fernihough argues that gender is a performance, our ideas of masculinities and femininities become knowable through representations of them. The article states through performance we are able to break away from our sex/ gender dual notions which have become socially recognisable. Fevvers constitutes her identity through performance in which audiences are unable to distinguish between whether she is real or whether she is fake.... [tags: Article Analysis ]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- Introduction Paranormal activity is simply the activity dealing with spirits and the strange phenomena that cannot be explained by what the scientist know about nature and the world (Merriam-Webster, 2014). There are several different types of paranormal entities such as Poltergeist, spirits, hauntings, and etc. Hauntings appear in most places and they appeal to every sense except taste. Hauntings can be from anything dealing with the life form that was once alive (MPI, 2009-2014). Poltergeists are “noisy ghosts” but really distinguishes them is they are attracted to one person, epicenter.... [tags: supernatural, paranormal activity]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction In this essay we present our research about the legend of William Tell and the conclusions of our research. In short the question we asked ourselves is: does the legend of William Tell contain truth or lies. Does it consist of facts or fiction. Before we tell the legend, we will describe the general historical context. After that, we will try to make a distinction between the facts and fiction in the legend. Finally, we want to show the impact William Tell had on the Swiss society. General historical context In the period until the Middle ages Switzerland was conquered by different dynasties and kingdoms.... [tags: Truth or Lies]
1886 words (5.4 pages)
- When most people think of paranormal activity they instantly think of ghosts, spirits, or even demons. Paranormal activity is more than that. Paranormal is when something is beyond normal and activity is the state of being active. Some people like to say it’s their imagination, but me personally, I think it is much more than that. Paranormal is used to describe something unordinary that lack a scientific explanation (Cha Cha Inc., 2006). (McGuire, 2010) stated that supernatural or paranormal events which occur when people are not seeking them out can be very difficult and frightening.... [tags: paranormal activity, parapsychology, supernatural]
1409 words (4 pages)
- Paranormal activity is manifestation that lies outside of the normal experience which can’t be proven to be real. Most people have become interested in the haunted houses and stones due to the lack of support that they are getting from the community of science. The lack of support from the community will be hard to get because most people do not believe in this. According to the unknown, “paranormal activities and sightings usually fall into categories: spirituals entities, crytids, which are organisms whose existence is told by legends and myths.” Most people think that paranormal deal with just ghost and their hauntings but it is much more than that.... [tags: ESP, paranormal activity, supernatural]
1720 words (4.9 pages)
- The common man is oft underrepresented in historical literature. This is surprising considering the history of the world is constructed by the lives and tribulations of the common man. However, one genre of historical literature highlights the ordinary person, testimonial literature. One way to examine testimonial literature is as a celebration of the "true" story told firsthand as in Biography of a Runaway Slave. Another, more cynical view, is to analyze testimonial literature as a fabrication and distortion of the real truth, the truth recorded in textbooks.... [tags: World Literature]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- The Haunting of Mind The ghosts made their presence known at 9:36 p.m. the first evening. Later in life, when Rachel Fleischman thought back on the events at the house, she marveled that the exact time was so firmly set in her mind. She wasn't wearing a watch, and didn't recall asking anyone else the time. She remembered, almost as if the presences told her, wanting her to remember for their sake, and for the sake of posterity. The four of them sat around the table in the kitchen of the haunted house.... [tags: The Haunting of Mind Essays]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- While popular and widely watched the movie Pocahontas is an innaccurate portrail of a signifigant historical event. The Disney Corporation is not known for it’s accurate portrails of historical events and when producing the animated film Pocahontas, Disney did not fail in it’s nonchalant attitude concerning historic fact. Cartoonists at disney must have been watching adult films when they first penciled out the figures of Pocahontas and John Smith. The young Indian princess was only twelve years old at the time of her first encounter with John Smith, yet she is portrayed as a hard body honey in her twenties.... [tags: essays research papers]
476 words (1.4 pages)