Strong difference of opinions. There was never a specific reason for discharging me. At the time it was agreed upon between both parties that “going separate ways” was the best option.
Explain what the Employer said you did…
At the time of discharge there was not a reason given. However, there had been several months of turmoil prior to this imminent discharge. After having read through the appeal paperwork it seems the discharge reasons were: alcohol consumption on the job, refusal to do what was asked (insubordination), and tardiness. All of which, and then some, are addressed below.
-My hours were listed as 8:30 am to 5pm. Mike brought to my attention that he had noticed I had been tardy on more than one occasion. I readily admitted to it and attempted to explain if there was a valid reason. There were small colleague to colleague chats in regards to the issue but it was never said boss to employee, point blank, that I had received a warning of any sort. To add, there were numerous times that 5pm would roll around, and Mike would find me and would say he needed me to do something else that would keep me beyond my scheduled hours. Never was I paid overtime for any hours over 40 in a work week. These random requirements of staying late were never based on whether or not I was tardy.
-On more than one occasion alcohol was consumed on JMS property. Christmas Eve the shop gets closed to customer’s midday and employees/employer would partake in a Christmas party of sorts, off company time but on company property. Christmas, some might say, is a different story. The following is not: Jeff, co-owner of JMS, would regularly bring in a six pack of beer upon returning from the cities. Jeff would bring the be...
... middle of paper ...
...hing up when I was finished. Over the last year though things went downhill. We all noticed his temper had gotten worse and that somewhere, something had shifted. I went from being a trusted sidekick to the guy that couldn 't do anything right. I admit that being tardy was wrong, but who would want to come into work never knowing what mood the boss was going to be in and have him fly off the handle no matter whether you were early or late. For any employment position there is always a "no alcohol" policy. Each and every one of us broke that rule more than one time at the shop, but I am the one having it be used as grounds for termination. At the time Mike did ask If i was trying to get fired. I told him no. He proceeded to tell me I could paint or go home. I Never refused to do as Mike asked of me. He gave me the option to leave so I chose to go home to my family.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- An investigation discharged Toward the urban foundation for Walk 6, 2008 conjecture that the lifetime cosset should taxpayers to those capitally-prosecuted situations to Marya Sklodowska since 1978 will make $186 million. That interprets with $37. 2 million for each of the state’s five executions since those state reenacted the capital punishment. The consider estimates that the normal expense with Marya Sklodowska taxpayers for arriving at a single passing sentence may be $3 million - $1. 9 million more than the cosset of a non-death punishment situation.... [tags: Prison, Capital punishment, Crime, Murder]
1931 words (5.5 pages)
- In the nursing field there are many different options to pick from but if you adore infants then neonatal nursing could be a good option for you. A neonatal nurse is an expert who takes part in caring for premature and sick newborn infants. A newborn infant requires a lot of care, patience and also requires a lot of your attention. Considering the infant needs a lot of attention, you are basically serving as their caregiver. Babies who are born premature face many issues such as respiratory distress syndrome, apnea, anemia, chronic lung disease, and infections.... [tags: Infant, Pediatrics, Childbirth, Breastfeeding]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- Reintegration into civilian life after serving in the armed forces is a societal issue that does not receive enough attention. Regardless of when and how a soldier leaves the military, it is a life adjustment and should not be considered lightly. Being a veteran, mother of a veteran and the daughter of a veteran I have suffered a personal witness to this reintegration process 3 times in my life time. There are individuals that choose to make a career out of the military and endure all the military has to dish out in order to earn their retirement benefits; however, there are others that find themselves retired for medical reasons.... [tags: Division of Liabilities, Societal Issue]
1541 words (4.4 pages)
- Understanding career development theories, in what stage would you say that the client’s problems began. June problem began when she was diagnosed with a traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder during combat time. Because of her diagnosis she had been discharged. June do not have any civilian job experience making her feel depressed and anxiety about how she and her family will adjust economically, where they are going to live, and which schools her children will attend after June discharged.... [tags: Decision theory, Decision making, Psychology]
712 words (2 pages)
- Introduction In the essay, “Pollution is Good for You” by Philip W. West, the author asserts that pollution is a healthy and necessary condition for the sustainment of life on Earth. He uses examples for the pollution of the air and water to support his thesis. This is done through various analytical methods and research on the subject. The task for this paper however, is to apply the principles of philosophical logic to analyze his argument for form and validity without getting entrapped with the subject of pollution itself.... [tags: argument, environment, philosophy]
669 words (1.9 pages)
- At Lexington Medical Center they have separate departments that handle Case Management which is referred to as Utilization Management/Discharge Planning, and Risk Management. Quality Management is used everywhere throughout each department in every position to maintain ongoing quality. Best Practices is a whole department that focuses on Quality Management for clinical practices. Utilization Management/ Discharge Planning/ Case Management is a collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation, and advocacy for options and services to meet an individual’s and family’s comprehensive health needs through communication and available resources to promote q... [tags: Management, Quality assurance, Patient]
713 words (2 pages)
- 1. A patient diagnosed with schizophrenia is prescribed drug therapy and discharged. Two weeks later, the patient returns, having exhibited delusional behavior, and admits to having decided not to take the prescribed medication. Under what circumstances, if any, can the medication be given without the patient 's consent. According to Dr. Menninger (n.d.) the state has two legal theories which permits the legal involuntary commitment of an individual; parens patriae and the police power of the state.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Clinical trial]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- The Tiny Miracle in You It feels so exciting when you come to know that you are conceived, especially when it is the first planning of yours. It is a fine feeling and a delicate situation of a woman’s life. There are some health issues, which includes certain planning at the time of pregnancy; like what to do, what to exercise, what to eat and what are the right exercises to follow and other important things. Here is your true steer in your gestation. “As most mothers will tell you pregnancy is a roller coaster ride full of laughs, cries, aches, pain and love the likes of which you haven’t experienced never before.” These are the lines from Belly Laughs this book will help you throughout you... [tags: The Tiny Miracle in You]
1678 words (4.8 pages)
- The Jimi Hendrix Experience’s first album, Are You Experienced, is undeniably one of the most influential albums of all time. For a debut record, it achieved many milestones and influenced many artists, fans, and consumers alike. Are You Experienced changed music in many ways, including the way it was artistically presented and how the band used technology at that time. The record is extremely creative. Most agree that the record is timeless and will never grow old. Are You Experienced is truly the definition of an evergreen album.... [tags: Are You Experienced Album]
3021 words (8.6 pages)
- The Theme of Temptation in “Where Are You Going , Where Are you Been?” by Joyce Carol Oates In “Where are You Going, Where Have you Been?” Joyce Carol Oates uses an allegorical figure of evil to illustrate the theme of temptation. Oates alludes to hell through the character Arnold Friend, as the devil, and his victim Connie, who invites him in by committing the sin of vanity. The narrator implies that Arnold Friend is Satan by giving certain clues that the reader can easily deduce. The name that Oates gives to the character is one hint to the reader: “Connie looked away from Friend's smile to the car, which was painted so bright it almost hurt her eyes to look at it.... [tags: Where Are You Going , Where Are you Been?]
837 words (2.4 pages)