Essay PreviewMore ↓
We sometimes drop out of the college because of bad friendship. For example, my brother’s friend was just 19 years old and he dropped out of college only because he wanted to fit into a group that was bigger than him. As a result of this, he wanted to be seen as “cool,” but that wasn’t all. Due to this, he used drugs that dropped him out of the college totally. These students don’t want to seem irresponsible, so they make up an excuse, such as the bad friendship.
Another reason we drop out of college is that we want to be independent. A lot of news has been saying that students are sensitive during the adolescence. Because of adolescence, they may think that school is “nothing”, it is just a waste of time. Also, facts have been saying that more and more students are being independent related to the school. A good reason that they are independent is that they want to have their own money. However, when we don’t know how to say no and face whatever problems may cause, we often use to drop out of college to avoid difficulties.
However, dropping out of college is not always negative, in fact, familiar problems can yield positive results. In terms of financial support we know that college costs money, so a lot of students cannot afford it. For example, there are families were the parents are divorced, and one parent has to burden all the family expenses. Often, it happens that one of the parents die, and the children have to grow up with many difficulties.
How to Cite this Page
"Why We Drop Out of College." 123HelpMe.com. 26 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- At least once a person’s lifetime, everyone think about who they want to become in their future. Most of the things they want to become, requires certain college degree to achieve that goal. Taking that first step of attaining the degree can be time consuming and involves loads of hard work. Some people have more determination and motivation to be successful, while others lack the motivation and can not finish. Not everyone drop out because they lack the determination to finish, instead they run into other obstacle while equipped with the motivation.... [tags: determination, work, problems]
578 words (1.7 pages)
- Many high school graduates often get accepted to a four-year private or public college/university, yet choose to go to a community college in hopes that they will save money and stay away from debt. These students often plan to go to a community college for two years and transfer, often, with an associate’s degree. Yet most of these students do not even make it to their second year of community college. The average dropout rates for community colleges is at a staggering thirty-nine percent. That would mean out of one hundred students, thirty-nine would drop out; that is over one-third.... [tags: Higher education, University, College, Dropout]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- The Reasons Why Students Drop Out From College “There are two different types of student (Simple sentence)”. “Students who go to college and keep going for what they want and to be a successful student, and others who attend college and never complete what they want to do (Compound sentence) “. "We know there are different rates between college graduates and how it is lower than high school graduates. There are many reasons why students drop out from college and never graduate, one of them is financial problems that students face during college, the second reason is low motivation that students have, and the third reason is failing classes.... [tags: Full-time, High school, Dropout, College]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- Majority of the richest people in America are college drop outs. Success in life is not always followed by an educational degree, but most employers require it. An educational degree leads to a career that can be perennial. Moreover being uneducated leads to a job that can be replaced by any one and can evaporate quickly. The economy maintains success by relying on people with a required occupation. The population is continuously growing, not everyone in society has an income. The people who are without an income are supported by those that do.... [tags: higher education, higher learning]
591 words (1.7 pages)
- Apple College drop-outs Steve Jobs and Stephen Wozniak and friend Ronald Wayne established a company named Apple Computer in 1976. Steve Jobs owned 45%, Stephen Wozniak owned 45%, and Ronald Wayne owned the rest of the 10% of the company. After a while Wayne sold his share back to Jobs and Wozniak for $800. They showed their inventions at conventions and had an advertisement during the 1984 Super Bowl. http://www.gsmarena.com/a_brief_look_at_the_history_of_apple-blog-13986.php According to http://www.businessinsider.com/this-is-where-apples-money-comes-from-2014-12, Apple is currently making their money by selling iPhones, they are the largest selling item in the company bringing in $101... [tags: Apple Inc., Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Jeff Bezos]
1566 words (4.5 pages)
- As high school students, most of us were taught the dream of going to college from the importance that it has. The real life examples from our friends teach us the importance of going to college. If you drop out of college you may lose yourself, your family, and your friends. One of my friends dropped out of college because he had a bad friendship. So, they convinced him not to go to the school, but when he grew up he realized that the college was the most important thing in his life. Even though we know that “college is the best thing”, why we drop out of college.... [tags: essays research papers]
471 words (1.3 pages)
- College Drop-Out Makes it Big with Online eBusiness Reprinted with permission of VotanWeb.com In May, Sam Lave dropped out of college and stumbled upon an untapped market on the internet. Nothing has been the same since. Sam wanted to start an hobby related company due to the interest he developed pursuing a hobby in college. A loyal online buyer and occasional seller, he searched the internet for the hobby equipment he would need. Nobody was selling it. In a single moment an idea came to him that would change his life forever.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
594 words (1.7 pages)
- Is College Still Worth it . Since their childrens infancy parents have always encouraged their children to go to college and become a professional. But in this new age economic crisis, is college really worth it. Tuition costs are rising to a criminally high price has everyone arguing. Is college really a good investment. Well in a very short way, yes it is. An investment that makes you 500,000 to a million dollar lifetime payout is uncomparable. In the end, today an average college graduate will make far more over the course of his or her life than the average high-school graduate who doesn't attend college.... [tags: life satisfaction, college drop outs]
1355 words (3.9 pages)
- People drop out of school for many reasons whether it be financial stress or the stresses of college in general. The reason I wanted to conduct an interview on this topic was because I was curious about why people drop out and maybe find out ways that we can prevent students from dropping out of college. I interviewed Keri Atkinson who is a Safety Manager at Midwest Refrigerated Services (MRS) in Milwaukee, WI, she dropped out of college because she wasn’t certain of what she wanted to do and she had a lot of financial stress.... [tags: High school, Higher education, College]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- Typically, an individual is in school from kindergarten to their senior year of high school, which is an equivalent of thirteen years. At the age of eighteen one is given the choice to either complete their high school career or drop out. Each day 8,300 high school students decide to no longer be present in school ("HighSchoolDropoutStatistics"). That is when a fast food chain restaurant, for example McDonalds and Jack and the Box gain a new employee. It is not a bad thing to be employed at a fast food restaurant, however now the requirements are to be attending school or be a high school graduate.... [tags: Teenagers, Education, College, Fast Food]
979 words (2.8 pages)
Students, sometimes, drop out of college because they are involved in a bad friendship, they don’t like to be dependent, and they have reasonable familiar problem. This cause mal education of the individuals, but at the same time it negatively influence the entire society. On the other side, the public opinion must pay more intention to that category of society that has problems for education of new generation.