According to SIVANANDA (1999) definition of religion is1“The word Religion comes from the Latin word religio which consists of two words, viz., re (back) and ligare (to bring or bind). That which binds the soul back to God is religion. Religion shows the way for the attainment of God-realisation”. God created the people for his worship. So the basic purpose of human life is to worship Allah.. When we study different religions we come to know that all religions have same opinion about the purpose of human life which is following. Christian tells that the purpose of human life is to worship of Allah. In bible Allah says 2” do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.” Corinthians 6:19-20Islam also tell us the purpose of our life and in Quran Allah says And I did not create the Jinn and mankind except to worship Me… (Quran, 51:5...
... middle of paper ...
1Sivananda s.s, (1999). All about hinduism. 7th ed. P.O. Shivanandanagar—249 192 Distt. Tehri-Garhwal, Uttar Pradesh, Himalayas, India.: A divine life society publication.
21Corinthians6:19-20 http://www.openbible.info/topics/my_purpose_in_lifehttp 3 . The Return of Hazrat Isa Alaihis Salaam. [ONLINE] Available at: http://raza-e-khushtar.org/articles/miscellaneous-topics/the-return-of-hazrat-isa-alaihis-salaam.[Last Accessed28nov13].
4.U.S. Department of Justice. National Crime Victimization Survey. 2008-2012.http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/frequency-of-sexual-assault
5.ASSOCHAM Social Development Foundation .ASDFhttp://www.indianexpress.com/news/in-india-one-rape-every-40-mins-study/1047326/
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Islam DBQ Islam spread to encompass an extensive empire through ruthless force, strong economic motivations, and a strong value system built into the religion that was based upon equality, peace, and tolerance for those who were already involved in the religion. One of the main driving forces behind the spread of Islam and it’s quick rise to power was the ruthless force it displayed in converting Non-Muslims to the religion of Islam. Mohammad forced the leader of an Arab Christian tribe to either convert his tribe to Islam or to make the choice between suffering the consequences of ruthless and unethical fighting and paying tribute (Document 1).... [tags: Islam, Qur'an, Muslim conquests, Al-Andalus]
1404 words (4 pages)
- 10. Islam is a religion mandated primarily by the teachings of the Qur’an. Muslims considered Muhammad the final messenger sent by God to humanity. When Muhammad received the revelations of the Qur’an, his life became an example for many people to follow.In the Qur’an are the essential teachings of Islam that are related to muslim worship practice. The five pillars of basic practice are 1.Shahadah (the declaration of faith), 2.Salat ( the daily prayer), 3.Zakat (almsgiving), 4.Sawm (fasting during the month of Ramadan) 5.Hajj (pilgrimage to Mecca) (Brodd, 480) All five pillars were equally important and were done by individuals of the Islamic religion.... [tags: Islam, Muhammad, Five Pillars of Islam]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Islam religion has been appeared since Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him received the revelation of Quran through Angel Gabriel. The Quran is the words of Allah (God). On that time, Muhammad became the messenger of God (Allah). That’s mean Muhammad is preached Islam religion to people and showed them this is the right religion. God sent the prophets to tell and teach his message before the judgment day. The main reason from sending prophets is to inform people the right religion or the right way of worship God.... [tags: Qur'an, Muhammad, Islam, Prophets of Islam]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- Islam is a way of life and has teachings that Muslims must follow. One of the teachings that is stressed for both men and women is Haya. The word Haya can be easily translated in English as modesty, shyness, and/or humility. Some people have the misconception that Haya is just for women and can be easily achieved by wearing a hijab, but it is not. Men and women are both required to follow this teaching and it is not easily attained. Many Muslim men seem to have the idea that Haya is only for females, but they seem to forget a moment from the prophet’s life where he “Passed by a man who was admonishing his brother regarding Haya and was saying, "You are very shy, and I am afraid that might... [tags: Islam, Muhammad, Gender, Qur'an]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Islam meaning “surrender” or “submission” rose with the Prophet Muhammad in the 7th century, Islam was started in the Middle East in the Arabia peninsula. Muhammad said islam is the surrender of will to Allah, the creator and sustainer of the world. Muslims study the Quran which contains teaching of Muhammad that were shown to him from Allah. According to Islam Allah is the one and only true God. Islam has several different categories to its religion. The two main branches within Islam are the Sunni and Shi’a.... [tags: Muhammad, Islam, Qur'an, Ali]
2037 words (5.8 pages)
- Islam: A Religion of Good or Evil. In the United States, one of American’s fundamental rights is the freedom to practice any religion of choice. Islam has been presented to the United States and the world as a peaceful and accepting religion that is based on the teachings of the Quran. According to Robert Spencer in his book Islam Unveiled, “Islam is the fastest-growing religion in the world today. Islam now counts among its adherents one out of every five people on earth.” (Spencer 36). However, on September 11, 2001 as the World Trade Center buildings exploded into flames, America and the rest of the world’s view of Islam and Muslim people was forever changed.... [tags: Islam, Qur'an, Prophets of Islam, Allah]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- Islam is known to be articulated by the Qur 'an and is a monotheistic and Abrahamic religion. The Qur 'an is a religious text that is thought to be considered by its people the verbatim word of God (Allah). Islam 's teachings is a prime example of Sunnah, which are composed of accounts called hadith of Muhammad. Many of the adherents considered this idea to be the last prophet of God. Any person that is an adherent of Islam is called a Muslim and believed that God is one and the purpose of life is to worship God.... [tags: Islam, Muhammad, Prophets of Islam, Qur'an]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- Before the advent of Islam there was very little stability in all areas of the country. There was no political or economic foundation. The slaves of the time were treated atrociously and the status of women was all but nonexistent. Islam is the religion of the Muslim people, the Muslim people follow the Quar 'an. The religion of Islam spread at an extraordinary rate with the many prophets that supported it. The Muslim people live every day to be close to Allah. Islam brought about an amazing amount of change over the years.... [tags: Islam, Muhammad, Qur'an, Prophets of Islam]
1347 words (3.8 pages)
- Pre Islamic Era: The word ‘Islam’ refers to the submission to God Almighty. It is described as ‘Deen’ in the Holy Quran which means way of life. The people who follow Islam are known as Muslims and the word itself means the one who surrenders or submits to the will of Allah. Islam was present since forever. Before Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), many messengers were sent on this earth to bring people on the right path. All of them preached to worship one God and that the people should consider them the messenger of God.... [tags: Islam, Culture, Religion]
2064 words (5.9 pages)
- The Start of Islam Out of the many interesting religions of the Far East Islam has quite a uniqueness to it. The name, Islam stems from the word “salam,” that means peace. The word “Muslim,” which means a follower of Islam, refers to a person who submits him or her self to the will of God. Many religious experts believe that the prophet Muhammad founded Islam in the year 622 CE. Muhammad was believed to have lived from 570-632 CE. This particular religion started when the angel Jibreel read the first revelation to Muhammad.... [tags: Islam Muslim Religion]
760 words (2.2 pages)