... middle of paper ...
...n is not courageous this time, he is virtuous. However, after that, he loses his virtue and bravery untile he faces the Green Knight’s last strike,” to finish my first paragraph, which shows that Gawain begins with not courage, and to mention that he only becomes courageous at the last strike. In the next paragraph, I started with “comparing Gawain’s sayings before he starts to find the Green Knight with his response to the Green Knight’s first strike, Gawain shows he is a sanguine man.” This sentence shows when Gawain faces the first strike, he is still not truly brave. These two sentences are used to transit form the first paragraph to the second one. However, I need a transition to connect two paragraphs, but the transition is a natural connection between two ideas, which make them develop smoothly, so I cannot add a transition into a paragraph without necessity.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When it comes to the topic of should the private lives of famous people be off limits to the media, most of us will readily agree that no private life should be entirely off limits. Where this agreement usually ends, however, is on the question of how the media always finds their way into the life of the artist. Whereas some are convinced that the media should not interfere into the private lives of the celebrity, others maintain that because even if they make a lot of fans happy, they can always live a life of loneliness.... [tags: Privacy, Privacy law, Personal life]
1037 words (3 pages)
- I have always been drawn to chickens since I was a little girl. It was only in my thirty’s that I first came in to contact with chickens on a farm. You would think that a city girl like me would be afraid, nope, I went right in to feed and sat in chicken poop. No one told me I shouldn’t sit in the coop and feed them, but I was fine with it, they calm me. Each year I keep telling myself I will move when I can have my chickens. I will cover the difference between meat and egg layers. I will discuss the different ways to home them, and keep them safe.... [tags: Chicken, Egg, Meat, Hen]
2117 words (6 pages)
- I will always remember what my grandmother told me: “Be careful what you say because the words you use can either destroy or give hope. Once they are said they can not be deleted from people’s hearts.” That day I learned that words are powerful. According to the article, “Free Speech: Westboro Church Supreme Court Case First Amendment” in Christian Science Monitor, author Warren Richey discusses The First Amendment to define what is offensive and he shows historical facts where the Supreme Court used the First Amendment to resolve cases involving offensive speech.... [tags: First Amendment to the United States Constitution]
1040 words (3 pages)
- People from different countries are either for or against legalization of abortion. Some say that abortion should be a part of women’s rights as it limits unwanted pregnancies. Others say that it is against their values and religion; so they can’t tolerate this action. Unfortunately, almost all Muslim countries forbid abortion except for “special circumstances”. However, in Morocco, saving the life of the woman, and preserving her physical and mental health are the unique cases in which abortion could be tolerated.... [tags: ethical, moral and religious views]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- I always remember what my grandmother said to me, “Be careful what you say, what words you use because they can destroy or give hope. Once they are said never could be deleted it from people’s hearts.” That day I learned that words are powerful. According to the article “Free Speech: Westboro Church Supreme Court Case First Amendment” in Christian Science Monitor, author Warren Richey discusses about The First Amendment to define what is offensive and it shows historical facts where the Supreme Court is using the First Amendment to resolve the cases about offensive speech.... [tags: Supreme Court of the United States]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- Learning is a process that involves effort and hard work, but it definitely pays off in the long run. Once a foundation is set on how to become a better student, the student with the foundation is set up for success. A student should be taught methods on how to become better at concepts related to success attained at the college level because it helps the student out so much once he or she knows how to effectively study. While studying might seem tedious and overwhelming at time, it can be proven to be instrumental if a person knows how to effectively do it and get the most out of it.... [tags: Learning, Skill, Psychology, Thought]
2060 words (5.9 pages)
- Why Religion Should be Taught in Public Schools Coined with the phrase “the melting pot,” America is a diverse country with a variety of races, ethnicities, economic backgrounds and so on. As a diverse country, its citizens have to coexist with one another. In order to do this peacefully, we should learn about other cultures and try to understand them. One thing that keeps people from doing so are conflicts caused by religious differences. For example, the religious persecution of Muslims due to the misconception that they are all terrorists and that the Islamic faith condones that behavior.... [tags: Islam, Religion, Teacher, Education]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- On-Campus Smoking Persuasive Essay College campuses across the nation are debating on implementing new rules regarding whether or not smoking should be allowed, banned, or restricted through various methods of control. In our state of Kentucky, WKU is the only public university to have not yet established an anti-smoking law or any further regulation of it beyond banning indoor smoking, however, there have been recent news of a new campus rule--it is most likely to come into effect next semester.... [tags: Smoking, Cigarette, Smoking ban, Tobacco smoking]
1262 words (3.6 pages)
- Every year, almost a million women lose their lives because they have unsafe abortions. In countries where abortions are legally restricted, women seek abortions under conditions that are medically unsafe and life threatening. Unsafe abortions are responsible for the death of seventy thousand women each year. Laws that resort to unsafe procedures infringe upon women’s right to life. Platform for Action urges governments “to understand and better address the determinants and consequences of unsafe abortions.” The government should make abortion services safe and accessible for all women so less women decide to have unsafe abortions (Center for Reproductive Rights).... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Human rights, Fetus]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- Diversity Among People "Each person's map of the world is as unique as the person's thumbprint. There are no two people alike. No two people who understand the same sentence the same way . . . So in dealing with people, you try not to fit them to your concept of what they should be." (Milton Erickson) We are all distinguished and united by differences and similarities according to our gender, culture, language, age, race, our sexual identity, and in many cases income level. There are these diversity qualities that challenge our intellect and emotions as we learn to work and live together in harmony.... [tags: Diverse Culture Cultural Essays]
929 words (2.7 pages)