... middle of paper ...
... $80 billion a year” (“Why”). An example more closely related to citizens is that people could save “an average of $4,000” a year if they eat “vegetables, grains and fruits in place of the 200 pounds of beef, chicken, and fish” (“Why”). Vegetarianism is better for the planet and consumers’ wallets.
“Being a Vegetarian” Brown.edu. Brown University. Web. 4 Apr. 2014.
“Should People Become Vegetarian?” Vegetarian.ProCon.org. ProCon. 12 Mar. 2014. Web. 4
“Blessed Are the Merciful Go Vegetarian” JesusVeg.com. Web. 2014
“Why Go Veg?” Vegetariantimes.com. Cruz Bay Publishing. Inc. 2014. Web. 4 Apr. 2014.
“What Does the Bible say about Vegetarianism?” ChristUnlimited.com. Christ Unlimited Ministries. Web. 4 Apr. 2014.
Srivastava, Jane. “Vegetarianism and Meat-Eating in 8 Religions” Hinduismtoday. Himalayan Academy. June 2007. Web. 4 Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Should people become vegetarian. Albert Einstein said, “Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.” Nowadays, a growing number of vegetarians has been showed in many studies, such as a poll started by a nonprofit organization named Vegetarian Resource Group. It showed that United States has 6-8 million adults who do not eat poultry, meat, or fish (“Becoming a Vegetarian”, 2009, pp4). Much more people choose to be a vegetarian because it is more flexible than before, which means that vegetarians have more choice to combine a healthy lifestyle and high quality of life together.... [tags: heating habits, alternative lifestyles]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Vegetarianism A vegetarian is someone who maintains a diet of only ingesting grains, vegetables and fruits. They do not eat any type of meat that came from an animal that was slaughtered (“What is a Vegetarian”). However, a few wind up consuming dairy products and eggs. Starting this type of diet is one way to initiate an improved lifestyle. When establishing a more suitable lifestyle, it helps individuals to be protected from cancer and heart problems this type of diet also helps with weight loss.... [tags: Nutrition, Meat, Eating, Coronary artery disease]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Vegetarianism is a new type of diet that is quite common now in our society. A person’s choice to adopt the vegetarian diet is based on a wide combination of reasons and beliefs. Some people prefer the vegetarian diet over the all-meat diet because of their concern about how animals are treated, while others make the choice based on a few primary concerns, such as health, ethical, societal and environmental concerns. In order to satisfy their worries, people choose to go vegetarian. Furthermore, there are different approaches in vegetarianism, for example, Ovo-Lacto vegetarianism, Lacto-vegetarianism, and veganism.... [tags: Meat, Nutrition, Vegetarianism, Agriculture]
1630 words (4.7 pages)
- Yasaman Fares 10/21//2015 * Vegetarian* Paper #3 A little less than two years ago, in a very huge, crowded and popular steak house in Atlanta, Georgia, I was in a defiant mood and I said to my boyfriend that "I could never become a vegetarian in my life." I can remember that night and our conversation as clearly as if it happened last night. Three weeks later after seeing a personal page on Instagram I was strong enough to change my mind, and decided to be a vegetarian.... [tags: Nutrition, Hamburger, Vegetarian cuisine, Veganism]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- In today’s fast-paced, modern and practical society people are becoming more health conscious. This includes trying to choose the best available options for a beneficial lifestyle. Exotic Greek salads, fresh fruit juices, delicate tofu preparation, smelly grilled vegetables, creamy grains soups, moisten carve soufflés, and so much more are common elections for meals for many people. They are becoming more concerned these days about the increasing health risks of a meat-based diet.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essay]
1272 words (3.6 pages)
- Many people have always wondered why people who had always ate meat their entire lives, decide to become vegetarians. People would presume that they wanted to lose weight, become healthier, or even just to try it out. Several would say non-vegetarianism is healthier and could help your body; however, vegetarians can be healthy too by what they eat and how much they eat of that particular food. Although I eat meat and I’m not a vegetarian, being a vegetarian can help your body in more ways than one and have many advantages in helping your body.... [tags: Meat, Nutrition, Hinduism, Buddhism]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- There are many kinds of diets on the wold. Vegetarian is a diet that limits what a person can eat by eliminating meat from their diet. These people have chosen to remove meat in their diet because of health, ethical, and religious reasons. There are varieties of vegetarians, which is separated by what kinds of meats and byproducts has been removed in their diet. This means that there are different categories of vegetarianism not just the stereotypical “all they eat is grass”, some vegetarian still consume meat.... [tags: Vegetarianism, Veganism, Meat]
907 words (2.6 pages)
- If after long consideration you have decided that to start living a healthy lifestyle, then we should consider the 2 most effective ways to do this: exercise and diet. Veganism and vegetarian diets have now become more popular among people. These types of diets are helpful for maintaining better health. Exercise is usually used for better physical and mental health, and weight control. Through out this 2 types of lifestyles we are able to achieve a healthier life style in a different approach. A vegetarian diet is common among people with health problems, religious beliefs, and animal concerns.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Vegetarianism, Veganism]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- Being vegetarian opens up so many doors for people. For those who do not know what a vegetarian is or are confused on what they do or eat let me inform you that being a vegetarian simply means that you go off of plant-based diets. Although there are several kinds of vegetarian diets, it is all based on what type of food you are consuming. For example, a strict vegetarians or vegans avoid all foods of animal origin, including meat, poultry, fish, diary products, and eggs. Many people become a vegetarian for different reason according to the Calorie King he states, “being vegetarian means different things to different people, and people follow a vegetarian diet for different reason including h... [tags: Meat, Vegetarianism, Lacto-ovo vegetarianism]
1714 words (4.9 pages)
- Vegetarians Growth problems. Animal population problems. Disease. These are all problems caused by being a vegetarian, that is, one who only eats vegetables. There are different degrees of being a vegetarian. To one extreme, is a person who eats nothing associated with animals (no yogurt, ice-cream, or even anything that has come in contact with meat or another animal). The opposite are those who just eat vegan most of the time and will still eat animal bi-products. Then there are others who are in between.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essay]
797 words (2.3 pages)