Working and talk to different people as my professor at college expand my knowledge and expose me to new things related to science and non-related to science. Which have a great weight on making me more interesting in research, since we discuss and talking about their current research like drug delivery and the exploring of carotenoids. If it was not for the knowledge acquired on Organic Chemistry, Biology, Chemistry and other science class...
... middle of paper ...
...g. Strong work ethics with values such as responsibility, maturity and teamwork. Also, I believe and apply this concept, that with discipline everything can be accomplished. Besides having good qualities as a person and professional individual, ever where I go, I like to create a comfortable ambience were my classmate, coworker and friends feel good and motivate to study and do the necessary work. I, also if a group member or a friend does not understand a topic, need help or we have to finish a project I would stay until late and/or put extra time in the same way is done when finals are in section.
I would like to have the experience of participating in the SUMR program and Summer Undergraduate Research Program to have the opportunity to help with our work over the summer, continue exploring, understanding better what are we doing; and encourage others to research.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Mysteries of Science Introduction As I write this essay, I am over whelmed by what human beings can accomplish given time and space. As I look through my window, planes are flying over smoke that lazily ascends from the industries beneath them; vehicles fill every available space along the streets as the news report another successful rocket launch on its mission to the Mars. If only the views of the unborn mind could be trusted, I would have been born centuries earlier. In the current world that is driven by fear over global climate changes, global warming, global economic recession, global terrorism amidst a host of many other global concerns, I may not help but burry my head in the pe... [tags: Science]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- When it comes to the word ‘science’ most of the people have some kind of knowledge about science or when they think of it there is some kind of image related to science, a theory, scientific words or scientific research, many different sorts of ideas float into an individual’s mind. Every individual has a different perception about science and how he/she perceives it. This illustrates that each individual can identify science in some sort of form. This indicates that science plays a vital role in our everyday lives (Lederman & Tobin, 2002).... [tags: Scientific method, Theory, Science, Pseudoscience]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- The idea of a world progressing, or evolving, in science hasn’t been around forever. In fact, the Enlightenment period in the seventeen hundreds with scientists such as Isaac Newton the man who discovered gravity, Louis Pasteur the chemist who invented the vaccine to prevent rabies, Charles Darwin the father of evolution, Benjamin Franklin the first scientist to toy with the dangers and possibilities of electricity, and so many more wonderful scientists was the start of the “progress” that revolutionized our world.... [tags: Science]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- The ethos of science was always been about seeking for the truth. Ptolemy wanted to know what was in the heavens. Newton wanted to know about motion and force. Einstein wanted to know about protons and relativity. These scientists and many others have always had that pure desire of wanting to learn the truth about what they were interested. However, if we were to examine the present, scientists today are struggling not because of their truth-seeking journeys but because of the need to produce results so that they can still have the opportunity of keeping their jobs researching the subjects that they have researching for the past few years.... [tags: Science]
2439 words (7 pages)
- Policies and Procedures for Science and Technology Policies and procedures can quickly become out-of-date if an effective policy coordination function is not coupled. The creation of science and technology policy and procedure is to response for the documentation, maintenance, distribution of policy records, and up-to-date procedures along with providing guidance in collecting and preparing documents, even on criminal investigation and prosecutions. Documenting, policies, procedures, and delegations should enable efforts in criminal investigation and prosecution by addressing a number of key points: ease of access, cost effectiveness, responsiveness, and accountability (University of Califor... [tags: Science]
2385 words (6.8 pages)
- Critical thinking is a very important concept in regards to science, especially since science and the concepts therein have been fluctuating from the time of their origins. As stated in Kirst-Ashman’s book; Critical thinking is the careful scrutiny of what is stated as true or what appears to be true and the resulting expression of an opinion or conclusion based on that scrutiny, and (2) the creative formulation of an opinion or conclusion when presented with a question, problem or issue, (Kist-Ashman, 2011, p.... [tags: Science]
965 words (2.8 pages)
- It is often remarked that spring is the most delightful of seasons, but this is a sore done boon as our appreciation should truly lie under the harvest moon. Just as Mother Nature requires the rest of winter and the ripening of fall for the budding of spring, science requires practical applications on which to build pure theories. Through her application, science more truthfully reveals her mysteries. It is not necessary to look forward to see the outcomes of science as they are upon us now. In physics, the advent of electricity has been awarded with the blossoming of an incandescent light bulb.... [tags: Science]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- In life, is important to have values, moral and goals; which serve as motivation. Science is a big subject with many branches and purposes that inspire people to perform and obtain good results. The result and goals I aspire in the scientific world are to produce simple access and good quality to every person who need it. The way I plan to acquire it is by completing my objectives. One of my main objectives is to graduate with a Biology Degree and a Minor in Psychology; and after that pursued a higher education.... [tags: Scientific method, Science]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Both computer forensic or forensic science and Biometrics sometimes may apply same identification methods; however, they do so for different purposes. Computer forensics or forensics science is based on history and a forensic investigator does not just pick a method in advance. In other words, forensics investigators are unaware of what they will find as evidence. In addition, the manner in which forensics tools and evidence are handled may have critical implications, which can make or break a case.... [tags: Forensic science, Computer forensics]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- Cargo cult science is an expression used to designate what is also known as pseudo-science. The physicist, Richard Feynman first used this term during his famous speech at the California Institute of Technology in 1974. He used this term when making an analogy to the cult of cargo planes in the South Seas. During the war, Islanders saw airplanes land bringing numerous useful goods; they desired to see the planes landing again. They decided to built airstrips, placed fires along the trails, built a wooden hut where a man sits with two pieces of wood on his head mimicking a helmet and bamboo sticks as antennas - it's the air traffic controller - and they are waiting for the planes land.... [tags: Science]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- Does Humanity Treat Animals Humanely?
- Brief Thoughts And Reactions From The Movie ' The Curtain '
- A Modest Proposal By Jonathan Swift
- Ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphic Writing And Ancient Egypt
- The Orange Is The New Black
- The Impact Of Social Science Analyst On The Federal And Higher Educational Sectors