“I wanted to become a teacher to be able to make a positive difference on the future of children. For me, it is fulfilling challenge, stimulating the next generation to become lifelong learners. I have always been grateful to my mom (who is a retired teacher) for implanting values in me. I feel I should contribute what I have learned and experienced over the years. This way I will be paying back and at the same time can fulfill my desire of enhancing the education system.”
Describe the skills or attributes you believe are necessary to be an outstanding teacher.
We must have the correct mind-set. We believe our students can learn; have high expectations; are willing to give extra help; find ways to make schoolwork interesting, relevant, and comprehensible; and use diverse instructional strategies. We believe that successful learning starts with the teacher.
We have good classroom-management skills. At the beginning of the school year, we need to make our expectations clear. The classroom routine and procedures are established it is imperative that we maintain consistency through the whole school year.
We create a classroom environment that is based on mutual respect and we make our classrooms a safe learning community so that students can concentrate on schoolwork. We posse a special gift for nurturing students, and strive to form positive relationships with their students by making it clear that they have students ' best interests at heart.
We use assessment data to improve their teaching. For example, after doing a beginning-of the-school-year assessment, weekly quizzes and a unit test we are aware of the strength and weakness our student posse.
We are realistic. We understand that even...
... middle of paper ...
...t my students have a basic understanding of simple arithmetic as we move toward the Algebraic process. It is also important knowing how to assess the students and evaluate if they are capturing the material that you want them to learn. Students will perform better if they know what is expected of them such as using rubrics and showing them an example of exemplar work. Be willing to change the direction if they are not demonstrating mastering of the skill that you are implanting in the student. Students like structure and routine, they like to know the plan. Making sure they know the plan is important, example where do I want my students in the spring in the plan. Students like challenges you give them, they will rise to the occasion and have the opportunity to meet the challenge, such as bringing a student from novice to apprentice or apprentice to proficient.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The teacher plays a crucial role in education because they are the initiator, facilitator, and assessor. In a traditional sense a teacher is the alpha and beta of education, however, with new ways of thinking brought upon by different philosophers like Dewey and Freire, the beta of education lies in the hands of the student. Instead of education being based upon the teacher, there is shift in the process of education and a different understanding of how true learning takes place. The teacher acts more like a guide than a very strict dictator-type figure.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Learning, Pedagogy]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Teacher Development in the Classroom Is hard to obey and pay attention to a person that is not part of your close circle. Teachers always struggle with the students because the teacher has to catch the attention of all the students in its classroom. The movie Freedom Writers show the development and skills that made the teacher, successful. First of all, the teacher is challenged when started with freshman students with a bad background and at the age where the students have too much rebellion.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Psychology, Student]
710 words (2 pages)
- William Arthur Ward wrote: The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires. (Koch, 2012) This powerful statement talks about the goodness of fit. This is the qualities of a person that makes them feel qualified to pursue a career in teaching. As a teacher I will be responsible for the next generation of the world so I must make sure that I possess the qualities that will inspire them. As an educator you must make sure that you are able to be a centered presence.... [tags: Education, Teacher]
789 words (2.3 pages)
- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” This quote by William Arthur Ward is perhaps my favorite message in regards to education and the role that teachers play in the lives of their students. Though young in age and with obvious faults, I make up for it with life experiences that sadden, amaze, and inspire those who are eager to listen and to learn. A brief description will show that growing up I was taught to be a “southern gentlemen”, that is to be respectful to everybody, have proper manners, and most importantly to be a hard worker.... [tags: Teacher, Education, Substitute teacher, School]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- Generally, when a person decides to follow a profession such as teaching, there is usually a strong motivation behind that decision. This is not only a positive aspect but also a necessary feature in this particular profession. A teacher is more than a person who stands at the front of a classroom and divulges facts and figures, they are, and should be, one who inspires and nurtures curiosity and the pursuit of knowledge in their students. They often act as a role model, an inspiration, a guide, and many other things to learners of all ages throughout the world.... [tags: Education, Knowledge, Teacher, Teaching]
811 words (2.3 pages)
- I observed a teacher and an assistant teacher in class for three to five years old children. When I entered the classroom at 8:30, there were nine students and a parent. A boy was crying next his parent, a girl was drawing, two boys were playing with toy cars, and rest of them were playing blocks. The teacher was talking with the parent, and the assistant teacher were inviting the boy next his parent to play blocks with her and other students. After the boy began to play, she left the table. She walked around, talking and asking some questions to other students.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Childhood, Observation]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Anything but Teaching Becoming a teacher and staying a teacher can be quite the challenge. Most universities don’t adequately prepare students for the challenges they will be met with every single day. Most students are not informed of the good, the bad, and the ugly before becoming a teacher. Many students are not fully aware of the seriousness and stressfulness that goes hand-in-hand with their profession. Teaching can cause more stress than many other professions and is one the least valued professions to date.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Profession]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- Teacher Interview Essay While attending Miami Edison Sr. High school, I had the honor of interviewing my field experience teacher Mr. Armand. He was born in Haiti. He came to America when he was 13. He graduated from Miami Edison Sr. high in 1992. He earned his associated in art degree at Miami Dade College. In 2001 he graduated from Florida International University with his bachelor in art and master degrees. He has taught at Miami Edison for 15 years. He teaches intensive mathematics and college algebra.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Lesson plan]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- One of the few things that make my day when I walk into my placement is the amount of students who come up to me from past classes and say hello. They genuinely ask how I am, ask me to look at their latest assignment, sketch, or test—because they received and amazing mark-- what classes I’m teaching and saying that I should go and teach in their class. The best part of these moments is that the majority of students who come up to me and say hello are those in locally developed classes which I help in.... [tags: Education, High school, Teacher, School]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- We all remember our teachers and for different reasons but an outstanding teacher, ones that we truly remember and cherish that memory have in some way moulded our lives. Outstanding teacher really can change lives. We often hear people say they were inspirational, they made me love school/a subject, I love being in their lessons… Whilst writing this section I reflected on my time as a primary school pupil and three very different teachers in three very different schools immediately came to mind… and probably have never been too far from my consciousness.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, George Bernard Shaw]
930 words (2.7 pages)