Before I attended TC3 I went through fourteen years of school. High school, grades nine through twelve were by far the most important four years of my career. My parents were constantly on me about having my grades up. They always told me what I did in those four year would determine my choices for college. Through the four years I tried to keep all my grades above 85. I struggled in some classes but most of the time I was able to keep my grades at the standard my parents requested. When I graduated, I was able to choose from many colleges. I had scored well on my SAT. They told me I could go to whatever college I was accepted into. I knew that I wanted to have a good career and I would be able to pursue my college dreams and wrestle in college.
My original plans were to go to SUNY Cortland my first semester. Not knowing what I planned on doing at first, I applied to SUNY Cortland too late and my application wasn’t accepted due to how late it came in. Now, at TC3, I started pursuing my career and am taking business administration course...
... middle of paper ...
...ch makes perfect sense is that jobs with high paying salaries and jobs like a teacher, dentist, nurse, or lawyer all require you to have a college education.
The United States gives everyone an opportunity to get a college degree. On top of the college opportunities give a great chance for jobs after the college education. Many foreigners come to the United States to get an education but they also tend to stay here, due to the job opportunities. In 2009 President Barak Obama put in a community college initiative to increase the college graduate level in the United States. In an article titled “Obama Plans Community-College Initiative”, Obama told reporters that twelve billion dollars was going towards community colleges. The goal of the initiative to have more college graduates than in recent years and to also put the United States number one in college graduates.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... In India being born in a family of well-versed Chartered Accountants and international financial consultants I was constantly informed about the economical and political unrest in the economies of the world. In 2012 being part of the Great American Bicycle Ride an international program enabling young minds to explore the versatilities in the American culture on a cycle. Cycling from Seattle, Washington to San Francisco, California a 1500 km ride, enabled me do discover the various variances between people in the subcontinent helping me understand the various views people hold about different countries.What I learnt with my article ship in Times Of India a leading Indian newspaper is that... [tags: statement of purpose for higher education]
572 words (1.6 pages)
- Opportunity College can be a new experience for many people as you pursue a higher education you might fall in love with a career you had no idea existed. There will always be young adults and even older people who want to pursue a higher education. Many people in general want to have a better job and earn more money. I believe that earning more money is on the top of the list to why people go to college. From people who have been in college to the people who have just started school again college is a gateway to a better future.... [tags: Higher education, High school, University]
759 words (2.2 pages)
- The Purpose and Core Values of Higher Education: How Institutions May Improve Purpose of Higher Education For the Individual In thinking about the purposes of higher education in regard to an individual, I feel that there are a few. First, the purpose for pursuing higher education for an individual is to have better job prospects than he or she would have with just a high school diploma. Second—and this is related to the first point—not only will a person have better job prospects than a person with a high school diploma, they will also have better job security and will not be as indispensable.... [tags: Higher education, Education, Sociology]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- Higher Education is american dream, college is educational environment, to explore option,to be knowledgeable, educated, to changed our life, to get the job of your dream, study what you love, to grow and learn. Education help you reach your goal.help you change your life, changed your community and your country.Higher Education is very important, gives you opportunity to learn, gives you multiple point of view that you don 't see outside the school. Education is essential to our society we need that higher thinking.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree, Education]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- After graduating from high school many teenagers decide whether they want to continue to pursue higher education or whether find a job and work. In today’s society, many individuals believe that receiving some form of higher education is important. I certainly agree that pursuing higher education is important in today’s society. Having any type of degree increases an individual’s chance of getting a better job as well as receiving a better pay, an individual also learns valuable skills in college and has a variety of options in the careers they want to pursue.... [tags: Academic degree, Higher education, High school]
964 words (2.8 pages)
- Higher Education “The mother of all problems in higher education today is high tuition…” as said by Jon Wiener, a notable American Historian in Los Angeles. He also concluded that “…at public colleges and universities, which forces students into decades of debt and makes for-profit schools Seem like a plausible alternative.” In the US, it’s said, at least according to the Nation Student Clearinghouse and College Atlas, that the rate of college students required to take remedial college courses, are likely going to dropout with a staggering rate of 75%.... [tags: University, Education, Higher education, Student]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- Are there benefits of Higher Education. The main purpose of this paper is to analyze how important college education can impact ones future when it comes to income. There are multiple benefits for a college education, one being the chance to acquire certain knowledge that can only be attained at a four-year college or university. Another benefit of college is experiencing the rewards of getting higher education and self-achievements. Maybe the most important reason, so far, is to earn a better paying job in the future.... [tags: Academic degree, Higher education]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- Don’t you ever ask yourself: Why do you need to go to school since you are little. And why do you need to go to work after you are done with your school. Actually, the answer is simple. Education and career are always correlated to each other. They involve all efforts and consume our time. People work to support their living; you need to have higher education if you want to have a better living especially nowadays. In fact, there are only few people that being successful without finishing their school, those people are either genius or pursuing art professionals.... [tags: Higher education, Education, Need, Time]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- What is the ideal purpose of higher education. College helps people prepare for their future career choices. Most people, including myself would give a simple generic answer like that one. However, we all know that there is more to it than that. I believe that the purpose of higher education is to better yourself as a whole. Going to college should help your self-esteem and help you become independent. The structure of higher education should remain the same. Students should start college as a freshman and end as a senior.... [tags: Education, Higher education, University, College]
904 words (2.6 pages)
- The Alabama Commission on Higher Education is noted for its accessibility, affordability, and coordination. Alabama Commission on Higher Education’s mission is to provide a reasonable education, provide financial aid programs, provide higher education programs, setup policies, as well as setup a frame for each institution to meet the needs of the citizens. I believe the Alabama Commission gives all citizens the possibility to obtain a degree or certificate to place them in a competitive work force.... [tags: Higher education, Education, Program, Law]
2074 words (5.9 pages)