It took me a while to finally realize what I wanted to do for my project. It took me
sometime but I finally realize that cars have always been my life. For this very reason is why I
choose to go with something that involve cars. Mechanical Engineering stood out to me because
it involves the creation of the cars. The way the engine works is due to Mechanical Engineers,
without engineers like them we would be lost.
I choose Mechanical Engineering because I already have some knowledge when it comes
to cars. I’ve worked on them but have not truly really understand the concept of how they came
to be and how it was really created. Something about working with cars has always caught my
attention. Nothing really else has caught my attention the way cars and the way they work can
sometimes really be unpredictable.
Hopefully with a lot of help my mentor can really help me complete my product for this
project. He said it really shouldn’t take too long to complete my product but will cost around
$500 - $800. My mentor mentioned that it will take a lot of patience to get the correct parts
together but will take even more patience to put it all together because only then perfection will
My mentor also mentioned how fun it really is to work with engines all the time. Not
only did he mentioned that but why he choose to do what he does. He said that basically cars
completed his life, because whenever he felt lost cars would always be there. You could say that I
feel like that sometimes. There are times when I have felt lost and I had to do was jump in my
car and go for a drive just to clear my head. Its reason like that why I choose to do this for my
Running Head: The Importance of Me...
... middle of paper ...
... time. It has
grown tremendously over the years and has been an integral part in shaping our world today.
Which makes the importance of Mechanical Engineering a very crucial career in today’s world.
Not only would we be behind in technology today but would still be stuck in the past. What
history has shown us is that without all these advances we would not be as advance with out
It is due to these engineers that we are able to keep moving forward. If the world had no
Mechanical Engineering it would be stuck in the same place as before, with nothing. Making the
world function how it is suppose to function today is the way of the Mechanical Engineers.
Running Head: The Importance of Mechanical Engineering
Making it ideal that the world can only proceed forward by solving the problems of tomorrow by
pushing its engineers forward.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Making life decisions and planning at such a young age always made me wonder. When I was a kid, I used to watch a Japanese cartoon show called ‘Doraemon’ and seeing those impossible futuristic devices made me believe that one day, I would be inventing them. Despite my childish dream, I am still determined to be among those inventors that could awe the world using my imagination to create something impossible into a possible one. My uncle who is an engineer used to say that engineers need to be committed with their work.... [tags: inventor, skill, problem, law, dream, teachnology]
568 words (1.6 pages)
- Everyone wants to be something from a doctor to a stylist, I want to be a mechanical engineer. This is something I have always wanted to do in my life, the opportunities that exist in this field can lead to anything. Mechanical engineers are able to do many tasks in the job environment from designing, to developing, and also building. In addition, as new companies are starting up they will need mechanical engineers to help them develop their product. All of the engineering fields have great pay, that is able to support my family and also my parents.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- Abstract Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the principles to create and construct machines and their parts. Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest disciplines. Mechanical engineering became important after the industrial revolution in the 19th century. Mechanical engineering has continued to improve with new technology making it an important and exciting career path. Mechanical engineers design, create, construct, and maintain a mechanical system. Students who want to enroll in this field should have a strong foundation in Math, Science, and Physics.... [tags: Mechanical engineering, Engineering, Design]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Growing up, our first years of school are all fun and games. We take naps, color, and other fun activities, but as we get older reality hits us like a bus and realize that we must choose what we are going to do for the rest of our life. So, we think about our likes and interest and try to decide. It’s not an easy process by any means, it can be quite stressful. Picking a career is probably one of the most important decisions we will ever make in our life. It will determine many factors in our life as we get older.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
1725 words (4.9 pages)
- Since the beginning of mankind, mechanical engineers have changed the world. From the alarm that wakes you up in the morning, to the light you turn off before you go to bed, all of these things are the result of mechanical engineering. Mechanical engineering drives innovation and invention. I chose to become a mechanical engineer because I want to be apart of something larger than myself. Mechanical engineering has helped shape every great civilization. I want to help shape our society like those who came before us.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Electro-mechanical Engineering One of the quickest growing types of jobs is engineering. With the world progressing the way it is we need more engineers to come up with new, environmentally friendly products. Our world won’t be able to hold human life as we know it forever so humans need to come up with a more efficient way of living. Taking an issue one part at a time and eventually making our world better, healthier and more pleasant is the goal of this profession. More engineers are needed than ever before because it is getting harder to come up with new and more efficient products that consumers want.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1284 words (3.7 pages)
- Dreams Do you remember what it felt like to be a teen and wonder what your future would become. That is right where I am at. As a freshman in high school, I have begun thinking about what my future in life will be. Which school, what career path, and where. All of these options are very overwhelming. At the moment, I would like to follow the path of engineering, manufacturing, and technology, and pursue college degrees in computer science and mechanical engineering. In order to achieve my dream, I can use background career knowledge, ACT test requirements, and habits designed to help you get to where you want to go.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Proactive]
2578 words (7.4 pages)
- According to dictionary.com,” Mechanical Engineering is the branch of engineering dealing with the design, construction, and use of machines.” Their job is to take an idea and actually make it happen. Doing this takes a lot of knowledge and skills. They first start off with an idea that they have. Then they try to make a small module of it. They do this so they know what the product will work without spending a lot of money on it. They have to find the right materials to do this. The materials have to be able to withstand a lot of things nature has to throw at it.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
2179 words (6.2 pages)
- ... Bhd. As an Assistant Manufacturing, my major responsibility is to assist the Head of Manufacturing Department to make sure all the activities under the Manufacturing Department such as Production Planning, Production and Delivery were running smoothly accordance with work instructions and company policies to ensure a safe and quality product delivered on time. Most of the company products were related to suspension system in a car, thus it was part of my job to make sure all the workers implemented and maintained safety standard as required by law and company policies.... [tags: manufacture, teach, research]
704 words (2 pages)
- The career that I am going to pursue is Mechanical Engineering. The reason why I chose this is because ever since i was little i was always interested in building little cars. I begged by parents to buy me Legos so i could create what ever came to my head. Even there are many types of engineering i want to be the engineer that designs cars. History of Mechanical Engineering The history of mechanical engineering is very broad and dates back to ancient times. In ancient Greece, the works of Archimedes which he had designed ships and invented the Archimedes screw which is still used today ("Wikipedia").... [tags: Careers, personal narrative]
1849 words (5.3 pages)