As a child my mother would always make me go to church which was horrible for me, but one day being there made want to get interested in becoming pediatric. That day the church was asking the whole concretion to donate money for the kids in need and they showed a video of kids receiving food and water, and the church wanted to give more to those kids like medical help. The reason why I decided to become a pediatrician was because watching the video made me think that every kid deserves a chance to live and laugh, enjoy life, dream and have a future, but because of having no money those kids do not get to have all that. It is a gift for mothers to have kids and for mothers to watch their own flesh and blood dying slowing because she cannot afford going to the doctor it is sad.
My family income is not that high. Both of my parents are high school drop outs, so they never made it to college. As we all know finding a job with a well-paid job can be dreadful without a high school diploma or a college diploma, but they manage through. To study for pediatrician is very expensive, but I and both my parents work hard enough to be in college. I am the first in my family generation to be in college and have a career set. It is not easy to be the first because at times it can be very frustrated because if I were to fail every single person in my family well look and maybe even be disappointed not mention my younger sister and cousin. They all look up to me and feel proud that I am the first to break that chain.
In my freshmen year of high school I volunteer in a program that invol...
... middle of paper ...
...fe and succeeding that I broke the chain in deciding to be different in standing out from my family. Even though, on my graduation day I should have been more exciting now I can see why it was the most important day of my life because on that day I should have said YES!! Made it this far. Graduating high school was my minor goal and was accomplished. The fact that my minor goal was accomplished made me realize that anything is possible. That day when I realized what graduation should have meant to me made me a better and setting high standards for myself.
My parents are both Mexicans so I am Hispanic and in my ethnicity the percentage of graduating college is not that high, but the fact that I even graduated and attending already show that I can be one of the percentage to graduate college. My perspective changed to become different person and succeed in my life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Pediatricians Heidi Murkoff once said, “It doesn 't take a brain surgeon... or a cardiologist... or a pediatrician... or even a policy wonk to figure out that a penny 's worth of preventive care is worth many dollars of sick care.” When I was younger I noticed that I always had an interest in becoming more engaged in a child 's life. There are kids out there that are in need of help and there is not many people employed in this occupation to actually connect with them. The career of pediatrician is a beneficial career, because of the personal benefits and the long lasting experience.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Medical school, Pediatrics]
1419 words (4.1 pages)
- “ It does not take a brain surgeon... or a cardiologist... or a pediatrician... or even a policy wonk to figure out that a penny 's worth of preventive care is worth many dollars of sick care”. She’s always knew she wanted to be a nurse. The first time she knew she wanted to be a Pediatrician is when I went to the Dr’s office three years ago with my sister and my niece. Just watching the Dr help my niece and see the different things she did help me decide what occupation she wanted to be when she got older.... [tags: Medicine, Medical school, Physician, Pediatrics]
1452 words (4.1 pages)
- Ever since I was five years-old, I walked around telling everyone that I want to be a doctor. It was not till I was eleven that I knew I wanted to work with kids too. So I looked to my mother and said, “Mom what do you call a doctor that always works with kids?” I didn’t know whether or not it had a special name like everything else. She looked at me and asked why I wanted to know. I told her, “I want to know what kind of doctor I want to be.” She told me that everyone would call me a pediatrician.... [tags: Career Essays]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- To be a pediatrician is more than just an occupation, some might consider it to be a dream job. To love, laugh, and cure a child of a disease simultaneously, would mean so much, no matter how much schooling and training one must endure. Although the hours may become hectic and many nights may become sleepless, the feeling at the end of each day maybe a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment, because of the fact that a child may get to conquer another day or be painless another night all because a pediatrician.... [tags: Occupation, Career, Children's Doctor]
1054 words (3 pages)
- Taking care of infants, documentation of medical records, prescribing medication, and performing surgeries. These are some of the duties that pediatricians do to better the health of infants and also children. Although pediatricians can face a lot of difficulties in their career, there are also times where they are extremely appreciated for the acts that they perform in caring for others. There are many requirements to becoming a pediatrician, proper schooling, internships and a degree is what you will need in order to be successful in this career.... [tags: career choices]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Heidi Murkoff once said, “It doesn 't take a brain surgeon... or a cardiologist... or a pediatrician... or even a policy wonk to figure out that a penny 's worth of preventive care is worth many dollars of sick care.” When I was younger I always had an interest for becoming more involved in the children life.There are kids out there that are in need of help and there is not many people in the occupation to actually connect with them. The career of Pediatrician is a beneficial career, because of the personal benefits.The research will describe the career of Pediatrician, what is required to become a successful and the impact this career has on society.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Medical school, Pediatrics]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- My research paper will discuss the profession pediatrician. It will give explain what a pediatrician is as well as discuss the pediatrician’s duties and responsibilities. It will further discuss the education requirements needed to pursue a successful career as a pediatrician. Lastly, my paper will discuss the salary that pediatricians will receive once they began their career. My desire in life is to pursue my lifelong dream of becoming a successful pediatrician. Becoming a pediatrician is something that I have always wanted to be ever since I was able to talk.... [tags: Physician, Medical school, Pediatrics, Medicine]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- A Pediatrician is a child’s physician, dealing with the physical, mental, and emotional well being of the child. You undoubtedly have to have a strong love for children and have patience to be a Pediatrician. If you don’t like children then it is apparent being a Pediatrician is not the job for you. I have dreamed of being a Pediatrician since I was 7 years old, ever since I was rushed to the emergency room for an accident I had. I remember how the doctor interacted with me; he introduced himself, and he explained what a Pediatrician did.... [tags: child health, medicine, doctor]
1630 words (4.7 pages)
- Being a Pediatrician takes a lot of work. There are many components that go into getting your degree. It takes time, effort, and patience to actually get your Doctorate’s degree in pediatrics. If someone would be determined enough, one can achieve said goal. Among other things, let’s talk about some basic information on pediatrics, a little insight from a doctor, how a secondhand smoking harms a child, and how secondhand smoking can cause cancer. Of course, to become a pediatrician, you must first get through high school.... [tags: doctors, pediatrician, medical school]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- My career choice is to become a pediatrician. The question is: what makes this job so interesting or fantastic enough to be chosen. This job requires many sacrifices, skills, and strengths to endeavor the obstacles on the way to the goal. This particular job is also a very honorable and noble job in the sense of helping children with their illnesses and ailments. Personally, I love children and I’m always fascinated by their actions and interesting techniques of expressing themselves. Since I am intrigued by the children’s personality I love spending time with them (and that’s why their child-like ways rub off on me).... [tags: career choice, pediatrician's income]
1209 words (3.5 pages)