... middle of paper ...
...h teaching was one of the few professions that had African-Americans, and they did not have resources like the other schools did when they became segregated, those schools often had better instructors than the white schools. Many people have not looked into the history of teaching, but as it looks teaching in certain areas, or were a different color than finding a job, as a teacher was harder. Black teachers were harder to come by, but even though that was true, they still had better test scores than some of the white teachers.
Younger students who are looking for a job should consider becoming an education teacher. Education teachers are one of a kind and many people believe that many schools have enough teachers when in fact that is the opposite, many schools do not have enough teachers. No matter how people look at the subject, we all need teachers in this world.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are many facts why I decided to be a teacher. I want to be a teacher because I like to help children. When my children were in Kindergarten, I was a volunteer in their classroom. I helped the teacher for almost three years consecutively. In this time, I had the opportunity to understand the profession and the responsibilities of a teacher. Being a teacher requires many traits. For example, the humanity to help others is a quality that they often have. They must enjoy their jobs a lot because they have a lower salary.... [tags: Education, Intelligence, Teacher, Learning]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- According to Derkachev (2015), when compared to other professions, teacher salaries may not be the most rewarding or the most attractive. She noted that if teachers were asked, the majority would say the salaries are not as rewarding as they would like them to be. Some say that their love for children outweighs their desires for more competitive salaries, but even the most dedicated teachers would not reject salary increases. According to the American Federation of Teachers (2010), studies show that teacher salaries are at least 20% below those of other professional job areas.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, High school]
708 words (2 pages)
- Many children play pretend, letting their imagination take hold and acting out scenes mimicking what they believe it will be like in their dream careers. Most children pretend to be popstars, doctors, police officers, or firefighters; but I was not like most kids, I wanted to be a teacher. I would stand up in front of the neighborhood kids, most of which were younger, and teach them how to perform various math problems that I could think of, assigning my friends problems when the lesson was done.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School]
1442 words (4.1 pages)
- Throughout my life, my teachers played a significant part on my life as I grow up. There are certain topics that are easier to talk to your trusted teachers compared to your friends and even your parents, which includes personal life and problems. It is sometimes harder to talk to about problems and personal life to your friends as most of them are unable to give good advices due to lack of experiences, or we fear getting judged or dislike by them. Teachers serve as most student’s second parent that they can easily open up to.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Private school]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- Why would anyone want to go to school for twenty to twenty two years of his or her life just to graduate and have to go all over again. This is the question that many young people have asked themselves while going to college to become teachers, whether it be for early childhood education, elementary education, high school education, or even college education. Many college students or even high school students who go to college to determine what they want to do with their lives only look at one aspect of the career choice that they are looking at, and that aspect just so happens to be money.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, History of education]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- 1. Why do you want to be a teacher. a. Education has always been important to me. Throughout my own personal education, from primary up until now, I was fortunate to have been taught by some wonderful teachers. Along with my parents, they have played a large part in helping me achieve my educational goals, and also have inspired me to become an educator. In my sophomore year at UNT, I held the position as a Supplemental Instructor in the subject of history. This experience also sparked my interest in teaching.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Problem solving, Want]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Ethic Essay When you were younger I’m sure your teacher asked you and your classmates what you wanted to be when you grew up. I remember some of my classmates wanting to be a fireman, a police officer or a doctor. I wanted to be an educator. Being the naive and carefree child that I was, I had no knowledge of what responsibilities or rules would be packaged into this career. Now that I am in college earning my Bachelors in Elementary Education, my perspective of how a teacher should act and care for their students.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- I could start this off by saying I knew I always wanted to be a teacher, but that would be cliché and not a part of my story. Throughout elementary school I had no idea what I wanted to be, if you asked me then I would have said a princess today maybe a rock star tomorrow. I always enjoyed school and it never came across as the place where teachers were out to get you and the bigger kids bully you until you give them your lunch money. I was always close with my teachers, because the better we got along, the better I knew I could focus and understand the material we were being taught.... [tags: High school, Education, Teacher, Middle school]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- Classroom management is a skill that every teacher should be equipped with. Although it is common for children to misbehave once in a while in classrooms, inability for teachers to handle the situation will make the problem behavior worsen. This study explores some of the problem behavior that occurred in classrooms located in Linda Lyon Head Start Center. This process will require change on behalf of the students and the teachers; working together for the common good. Change leadership is defined as the ability to lead and manage others ' growth while facilitating the process of change and transition in an organization (Buczynski & Hansen,2014).... [tags: Behavior, Psychology, Human behavior, Behaviorism]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Dr. Carl Nelson epitomizes the definition of what a teacher should be. He has literally changed my life, and I am sure he has done, and will continue to do, the same for others. He possesses qualities which cannot be purchased from a store or taught in a school. He spreads himself as thin as possible so that he may reach as many people as possible, but he always finds time to help anyone when called upon. In 20 years, I easily see myself looking back and realizing where my successful engineering career began.... [tags: Personal Experience, Autobiography]
751 words (2.1 pages)