With time, creating programs in various languages, on different platforms, became my favorite pass time. I 'm always eager to rectify the errors, occurring while compilation or run time. It is this passion, which made me to choose my bachelor’s degree in Computer Applications. After deciding what to become at an early stage, I went for a computer course offered by Aptech Institute, along with an Internet learning program at NIXI to boost my skills in computer applications. My interest followed me to college where I chose 5 years of Integrated Bachelors and Masters Computer Applications degree. This program included 3 years of undergraduate and 2 years of graduate degree at Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). The...
... middle of paper ...
...to develop applications that will prove beneficial to the society. I believe that the graduate program in Informatics would give me the perfect platform to pursue my career, dreams and objectives. The excellent lab facilities, faculty and research environment at Northeastern University complement the opportunities in the United States, a pioneer in computer technology, manufacturing and sales. All these make the United States a compelling proposition.
At Northeastern University, I 'll be able to flourish my passion of creation and modification. I’ll be able to provide proper shape to my technical creativity, under the guidance of NEU experts. I believe, I’ll come through new technologies and guidance. I urge for concrete knowledge of software and computer technologies. And I 'm sure, this Master’s course in informatics at NEU, will provide me the required knowledge.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The dawn of the computer age allowed society to live in a life with great demands; and the very strong desire to meet these demands are well experienced. While people tended to aim for convenience and the ease of living, the emergence of these computers come a very handy solution. The speed, reliability and easy access of these four-dimensional machines and gadgets allowed life to be as easier as possible. Used in trade, at home, government processes and even schools and basically reaching to every homes, these computers can generally become part of every human life that without them, humanity seem to be unable to exist.... [tags: Technology ]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- Computers are ubiquitous. As our society grows towards being a culture connected through the Internet, and as prices of these machines gradually decrease, more and more have been purchased by families for their homes and as a result, children are beginning to learn to use the computer at an earlier age. Even if computers are not presently available at the home, a child will almost certainly be exposed to one at school or the library, among other places. Adults today are amazed at the amount of knowledge a child has at such an early age – children generally find that computers gives them a sense of power and accomplishment.... [tags: Computers]
1579 words (4.5 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE “Education is a tool that puts one a fast to acquire knowledge and personality that sets one apart from the crowd. It is one bottom less hole; no matter how much one pours himself into it, he thirsts for more.” I have been dedicated towards my studies right from childhood. I completed my school and my pre-university education, Physics and Mathematics being my majors with flying colors in the Intermediate Examination (10+2 pattern) XII, 2003 from a reputed college. I got the opportunity to pursue my goal by getting into an esteemed institute Sri Vasavi Engineering College, which is affiliated to JNTU, Andhra Pradesh.... [tags: data analysis, cleveland state, computers ]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Era of technology in this century has affected every single part of life. Computer, one part of technology developments in new century, has been integrated into school curriculum as an attempt to enhance students motivation towards learning activities. The presence of computer in educational activities leads to new situation in the process of teaching and learning that leads to the demand of computer in educational setting increases every year. It has been reported (2008) that the average number of computers in primary, secondary, and special schools in England increases every year.... [tags: computers, education]
1767 words (5 pages)
- The tremendous freedom in choosing a research area has attracted me towards a career in academic science. Even more gratifying is the opportunity to share these experiences with students. My earlier experiences as an instructor, mentor, and teaching assistant have been overwhelmingly positive. My formal teaching career started at Jadavpur University when I was a Master of Pharmacy student. I was an instructor in Pharmaceutics Lab-I to a group of sixty undergraduate students. During my tenure at North Dakota State University I was a teaching assistant for both large (e.g., Pharmacokinetics and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Delivery Systems) and small lecture courses (e.g., Advanced Biopharm... [tags: Education, Teacher, Problem solving, Pharmacology]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- The history of computers in education starts with the MARK1 and ENIAC computers being used in 1944 and 1946 in Harvard and the University of Pennsylvania respectively. The first use of computers then in education was to compute problems in the mathematical, scientific, and engineering fields to allow students to deal with big problems they would more than likely encounter one day in a real world situation. In 1959, Donald Bitier began the “large-scale” PLATO project, which was a “several thousand-terminal system [that] served undergraduate education, as well as elementary school reading, a community college in Urbana, and several campuses in Chicago.” (Molnar) In 1963 at Dartmouth, John Kem... [tags: HIstory of Computers, Education, Advancements]
1508 words (4.3 pages)
- Computers are everywhere, and they are used for everything, and in every type of business have we become too dependent on computers. The younger generation particularly has seized on the strange communication through the Internet. Using chat groups on different subjects they are taking in school, they conduct live conversations by keyboard through the internet. Since computers have been invented, so many people everywhere find themselves dependent on computers. Computers are appearing almost about every aspect of our lives, and in most cases, they are making things very easy r for us.... [tags: computers]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- The History of Computers In the year 2003, it is almost impossible for those of us who have been brought up with computer to imagine what the world was like before their coming. People use computers every day in their homes, using the Internet, specifically e-mails and Instant Messenger, to keep in touch with friends and relatives far away. People also use computers every day at work and school, planning projects and writing papers. For many of today’s children, computers are an integral part of their education, and some of them use computers in school every day.... [tags: Technology Technological Computers Essays]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- The History of Computers Thousands of years ago calculations were done using people’s fingers and pebbles that were found just lying around. Technology has transformed so much that today the most complicated computations are done within seconds. Human dependency on computers is increasing everyday. Just think how hard it would be to live a week without a computer. We owe the advancements of computers and other such electronic devices to the intelligence of men of the past. The history of the computer dates back all the way to the prehistoric times.... [tags: Computers Technology Essays]
836 words (2.4 pages)
- Computers Reshaping Society The emergence of computers in our society as a means of the gathering and processing of information for the sorting of it has played a major role in reshaping the society it exists in. After the introduction of computers as a business, and later personal, tool, and the large-scale assimilation of such for both purposes, the computer proceeded to shape our society by its own “needs”. This reshaping took the form suiting all business and personal life of humans around the elementary component of the computer -- information.... [tags: Technology Computers Essays]
619 words (1.8 pages)