Throughout the years, I hardly believed in my capabilities in school and in achieving my ambitions. You see I am not one of those cool kids who blatantly don’t want to do anything, in fact, I was worse. When opportunities decides to knock on my doorstep, I simply decline hoping that luck doesn’t go my way. It is because I was afraid to change my status which I was already comfortable with my life. Now that I am more educated I’m seeing a different point of view, a different view of living, which is achieving great things in life and surpassing anything that may come my way. In my path towards a higher education I have passed obstacles such as injury, problems with self-esteem, and transportation.
During P.E. class, me and couple of classmate where playing football, and when I had the ball one guy decided to tackle me resulting in an injury in my left hand. Having an injury prohibited me from playing sports, lifting weights or anything that requires the use of both hands. Within that semester there were a lot of activities that the school decided would...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I don’t consider myself a very good writer. I write when I am made to or when I have something that I need to say that I can’t just tell someone. I keep a diary. Usually my diary is just a record of what I have done that day. It’s not so much about my feelings. I don’t really like talking about my feelings, usually because most of the time I am confused about what exactly I am feeling. I tend to keep the feelings that I do have to myself, to protect myself from getting hurt. I didn’t have that many close friends in high school.... [tags: Essay About Myself]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- I didn 't see Bella in class, I know I told myself I would stop caring of what she does or do but I was worried. I mean come on, she been going on about how she can 't miss class or anything important for that matter. I decided to see if she went back to the dorm, instead I found a crowd of people in the hall way. I push myself pass, to see what was going on and there she was. Bella 's knuckles were connected to some chick jaw. I was wide-eyed, she grabbed her by hair pulling the day lights out of it "I told you imma snatch you motherfucking hair out".... [tags: 2008 singles, 2005 singles, 2007 singles]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- “Aubrey, I think I should cut you off now.” Caleb mumbled warily from behind the counter. “No way man. Don’t be a buzz kill. I’m just getting started!” I slurred. Everyone was gathered around me, watching me get drunk off my ass. I had like 9 shots already and I could barely sit up right. I was really giggly and everyone was cheering me on. When I asked Caleb to hit me again but it just came out as a bunch of mumbling he shook his head. Damien was sober next to me and just watched me silently. He refused to make any moves towards me since Shay left and it was making me furious.... [tags: Debut albums, 2007 singles, Shay Stephenson]
2104 words (6 pages)
- Then, I also leaned over my step daddy 's bed to give him a hug before leaving and was careful not to put any pressure on him, especially his broken arm. As I kissed him on his cheek, I slipped the bag which contained the cheeseburger and fries—Which I had tucked away in my jacket so I could get past the myriad of doctors and nurses. But only one nurse had looked at me as I slipped past her down the hall, and dear Lord, she was older than dirt, so I didn 't suspect that she had suspected anything—into his good hand.... [tags: Family, Anxiety]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- It took me a while to land where I am at now, and I could not have done it without the help of James. He encouraged me, and he believes in me. Therefore, college is a big step for me, so I know I have to see it through. Fighting the feeling of hopelessness, stress, and not having enough money is what drifted me away from college. There was no other motivation left in me, but suddenly that all changed. I have always wanted a finer life for myself. I have faced a lot of obstacles throughout this journey.... [tags: High school, College, Renting]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- Rick and Myself On August 29th 1993 at 9:47pm I was born to my mother Kelly Cochrane age twenty-six and father Kevin Cochrane age 28 at Kaiser Permanente in Fresno, Ca. I have two half sisters, one sister that lived with me my whole life her name is Aericka and my other sister Merisa who I haven’t talked to very much at all. My grandparents on my dad’s side passed away when I was really young and my grandparents on my mom’s side lived in Michigan, so I didn’t get to see them very often. Both of my parents worked outside of the house, but my dad was the primary caregiver because he made more money than my mom.... [tags: Family, Mother, High school, Parent]
1801 words (5.1 pages)
- Pushing Myself With Learning I remember it as if it were yesterday; I was in English Class when our teacher Mrs. Madden said, “Tomorrow we will begin learning the MLA format.” I freaked out when she said that. I had no clue what it was. Later that night as I was lying in my bed, and I was starting to worry what was she talking about. I had so many different things going through my head and didn’t know where to begin or what she was talking about. I knew that this meant I had to learn new things and was looking forward to it.... [tags: Debut albums, 2006 albums, Thing, Learning]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- “I’m saving myself for marriage.” The kisses suddenly stopped. He raised his head to look at her, waiting for her to laugh and confirm that she was joking. The laugh never came. He looked deeply into her eyes and found himself wanting to continue to kiss her but what was the point. Why kiss someone if the end doesn’t mean having sex. Making love. Could they even call it love at this point. Could you have a sexless love. He didn’t even know that she was religious let alone a virgin. What does that say about their relationship.... [tags: Marriage, Sexual intercourse, Human sexuality]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- I smile, shaking my head, and turn my attention back to my wardrobe malfunction. Squinting at the ragged tear, I quickly run through some options. Since strutting out half naked isn’t high on my list of priorities, I tug a couple of bobbie pins free from my, admittedly haphazard, chignon. “No,” Tom drawls in disbelief. “What. Never seen a girl MacGyver hairpins before?” “I have no idea where you’re going with this, but I am very intrigued. Do let me know if you need a hand.” I hum a vague response, completely focused on turning just so to get the best reach.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2005 singles, 2006 albums]
1951 words (5.6 pages)
- Last year, I lived like a cancer patient for seven long days. Well, sort of. It was the beginning of spring. Like a flower prepares for blossoming, I felt as if God primed me for a season of growth. During this time, I felt as strong ever physically, mentally, and spiritually. However, the season I entered blindsided me, leaving me surrounded with all types of questions, confusion, and chaos. The initial recognition of my physical frailty occurred, while officiating a basketball game. After making an awkward turn on a fast break, the sound of a pop came from my right knee.... [tags: Jesus, God in Christianity, Cancer, Holy Spirit]
1698 words (4.9 pages)