My plan in life is to become a Police Officer. Not only would that give me the opportunity to help other people but becoming a Police Officer also gives me the opportunity to follow in my Uncles footsteps and do something that I have wanted to do my whole life. I have always wanted to make a difference in the world, and this gives me the chance. Performing justice the right way and making sure that the laws of the government are obeyed is the job that I want to pursue. Being a Police Officer is a challenging job but also very rewarding. There would be a number of skills I would need to learn, not to mention that every day on the job would be a learning experience itself. Every single day that I would go to work, I would potentially be saving someone’s life. Stopping a speeder, arresting a criminal, preventing harmful attempts, they are things that would save someone’s life. Even if my actions were not as simple as that, for example, if I were to witness an accident or arrive onto the scene of one, just being there gives me the opportunity to take preventative measures. When I become a Police Officer, it woul...
... middle of paper ...
...d them to be a good example themselves for other people and keep out of trouble. Kids in the community would look up to me and my fellow officers in a positive way which would also help prevent them from going down the wrong path in life. The better the path that kids choose, the better the world will be when they grow up.
The Los Angeles Police Department, . N.p.. Web. 26 Feb 2014.
Sabath, D.. N.p.. Web. 26 Feb 2014.
Casey, J.. N.p.. Web. 26 Feb 2014.
. N.p.. Web. 26 Feb 2014.
. N.p.. Web. 26 Feb 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Police Officer Steven Seagal once said , “It is a lot harder now to be an Police Officer than what it used to be.” When I was six years old my family and I had got into really bad accident, a Police Officer pulled out my mother, brother and me before the car caught on fire. He could have saved the younger man in the other car, but he made the decision to save my family. Ever since then I have always admired Police Officers and their service. The career of a Police Officer is a eye opening and amazing experience ,because you 'll come in contact with parts of society that you never knew existed .... [tags: Police, Constable, Police brutality]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Steven Seagal once said , “It is a lot harder now to be an Police Officer than what it used to be.” When I was six years old my family and I had got into really bad accident, a Police Officer pulled out my mother, brother and me before the car caught on fire. He could have saved the younger man in the other car, but he made the decision to save my family. Ever since then I have always admired Police Officers and their service. The career of a Police Officer is a eye opening and amazing experience ,because you 'll come in contact with parts of society that you never knew existed .... [tags: Police, Constable, Police brutality]
1125 words (3.2 pages)
- The career of a police officer is an important career, because one has the ability to do what’s right and make sure others follow the laws. The research will describe the career of a police officer, what is required to become successful, and the impact this career has on society. The general duties of a police officer are to enforce the law. Also to respond to emergency and nonemergency calls. The specific duties would be to obtain warrants and arrest suspects, collect and secure evidence from crime scenes, search for vehicle records and warrants using computers in the field, patrol designated areas, answering calls and complaints about fire automobile accidents and other felony crimes.... [tags: Police, Constable, Crime, Police officer]
1268 words (3.6 pages)
- Police departments around the united states always focuses on making the community a safer place, helping the community and make the city or county that police officers work in look good and always looking professional while police officers do their job. It takes a lot of courage to be a police officer, you have to be physically prepared, but, the police officer has to be always mentally prepared, every decision that a police officer makes has to be the right one, if a police officer makes a wrong decision, it could cost your career or someone’s life.... [tags: Police, Police brutality, Police officer]
1289 words (3.7 pages)
- Serve and protect as a police officer in the city of Santa Ana has been my career dream goal since I was growing up being influenced by police officers throughout my education. Seeing so many casualties by violence in my community is one of the reasons why I am pursuing this profession, so that I can be able to accommodate the best way I can to reduce the violence. Other reasons why I am desiring to become police officer is to save someone 's life, help people make better choices, challenging tasks, and serve my community.... [tags: Police, Law enforcement agency, Police officer]
710 words (2 pages)
- A police officer, also known as a law enforcement officer is one of many careers one can take in the criminal justice system. There are various amount of duties and assignments they do in their everyday lives. The countless amount of training and schooling in order to achieve the goal of becoming a better difference in society. Police officers face an immense amount of situations which they must deal with each day resulting in discretion. It is narrowed down to pure opinion on wether or not the police force makes a positive or negative impact in society.... [tags: Police, Police officer, Constable, Crime]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- Police Officers – Sheepdogs of the Public A deafening crash roared through the streets of New York City. One giant jet-black cloud of smoke streaked through the sky as America entered into a new age - an age of terror. The first Twin Tower of the World Trade Center had been stuck and burned like a giant cigar in the horizon of the city. Hundreds of police officers went as first responders, ready to help and protect more people from ultimate death. These officers went into this scene of terror with bravery and selflessness, making civilian lives their main priority.... [tags: Police, Constable, Police officer]
1494 words (4.3 pages)
- Law Enforcement, what’s the first thing that pops in to your head. Is it the terrible image that is given to law enforcement by society. Do you think about how police officers risk their life every day to defend the rights of others, to keep peace in your town. I know by experience that being an officer is not an easy career of choice and it’s not for everyone. Most of every law enforcement agency has a dreadful work agenda. I also know that not everyone is cut out to be a police officer, you must have the demeanor and the features of an officer to be a successful officer.... [tags: Police, Police officer, Constable]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- The Career of a Police Officer With many people going to school to become police officers it is important to know exactly what the job is about and the effects it has on a person. Many people think it is just sitting in your car and giving speeding tickets. In fact there are many life threatening things that occur while a person is on the job many of which can cause a severe amount of stress. Stress on the job can cause a person to become severely depressed and cause ones home life to fall to pieces.... [tags: Papers]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- The Job of Police Officers A police officer’s duty is to maintain public order, preventing, and detecting crime. The concept of police officers, also known as cops, and law enforcement has been around ever since the ancient Romans had a theory that an organization of “peacekeepers” would reduce the crime and violence being committed. This theory stuck with society and is still around today. People of law enforcement have a mission when they step into their police car, that mission is to enforce the rules of conduct or law.... [tags: Police Law Enforcement Essays]
1817 words (5.2 pages)
- Comparing Geeks and Geezers
- Australia: Immigration Restiction Act aka White Australia Policy
- Use of Stream of Consciousness by Virginia Woolf and T.S. Eliot
- Impact of Information Systems on the Automobile Industry
- Navigability of The Northwest Passage
- The Dangers of Scuba Diving and Underwater Exploration