For soccer players if you are wanting to play in college you must get picked up early by a college coach. It is hard to get recruited if you are not on a high-level club team. I was on a region team and traveled everywhere for games so that I could get looked at from several different schools. Samford was watching me and the coach said that he really liked my soccer abilities and wanted me to play there. I would be a walk on red shirted player but unfortunately not on scholarship money. The reason for that is because there were fifteen recruits that were coming in my year. Samford is not a cheap school and financially we just could not afford it.
My brother James, before accepting to go play football at samford, was college searching and wanted to see Truett- McConnell. This was my junior year in high school and he was a senior in high school. My dad decided to take James up to Truett and get a campus tour. After finding out that I was coming up, he called my dad and asked if I would come up also for a visit and practice with the team after the campus tour. Coach Mac met my dad, brother, and I for lunch at the cafe. He asked me if I would practice that afternoon with the soccer girls. I was a tad bit nervous because I wasn’t at the level of play they were at and I did not want to look bad in front of Coac...
... middle of paper ...
...nce everything was happening for a reason and Truett-McConnell is where God wanted me to be.
I remember thinking my sophomore and junior year that if I did not play Division one college soccer that I was a bad player. My thought process was all jumbled up because that is not true. Not many athletes get the opportunity to play college soccer. Weather it is Division one, division two, division three, NCAA, and or NCAA, the thought of even playing at either one of those levels is a blessing and a gift from God because not all athletes can even make it to those levels. There is hard competition in any sport to play at those levels. I remember being ungrateful at one point because I was so stubborn and blind to the fact that God did not want me at Samford. I now am so grateful and blessed that God gave me four more years to continue my soccer career at Truett-McConnell.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When I grow up I want to be a rock star and have a pony and a castle. Since my preschool years, my ideas of the job I would have “when I got big” have changed on nearly a weekly basis. From doctor to lawyer to teacher to FOX News anchor, my occupational aspirations have shifted and been molded by personal experiences and incredible people with whom I have come into contact. Currently, my greatest, and longest lasting, career interests lie in foreign relations and diplomacy. Two experiences over the last two summers set apart in my mind a career in diplomacy from any other occupation.... [tags: Education]
1122 words (3.2 pages)
- ... The corporate purpose of Chic-Fil-A is "To glorify God by being a faithful steward to all that is entrusted to us. To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-Fil-A." The blatant display of his desire to glorify the Lord is so admirable. It is obvious why employees seem to have no problem displaying a great attitude while serving you. Along with Chic-Fil-A restaurants being known as a pleasant environment with delicious food, served by polite and caring people, the Chic-Fil-A foundation is yet another example of Cathy’s selflessness and desire to help young people succeed.... [tags: contemporary Christian leader evaluation]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- Profile Essay Outline Professor McConnell is very inspiring in the way she teaches her class, and handles herself in class very gracefully, and professionally. Professor McConnell always encourages her students to do their very best, and if they have a problem Professor McConnell is always willing to listen. In this writing you are going to learn a little bit more about Professor McConnell. Moreover Professor McConnell is a very kind, and gracious person. She is distinguished in the way that Professor McConnell teaches her students in her class.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Cancer, Future]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- Profile Essay Outline Professor McConnell is very inspiring in the way she teaches her class, and handles herself in class very gracefully, and professionally. Professor McConnell always encourages her students to do their very best, and if they have a problem Professor McConnell is always willing to listen. In this writing we are going to learn a little bit more about Professor McConnell. Moreover Professor McConnell is a very kind, and gracious person. She is distinguished in the way the Professor McConnell treats her students in her class.... [tags: Education, University, Teacher, Cancer]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Profile Essay Outline Professor McConnell is inspiring in the way she teaches her class, and handles herself in class very gracefully and professionally. Professor McConnell always encourages her students to do their very best, and if they have a problem Professor McConnell is always willing to listen. In this writing you are going to learn a little bit more about Professor McConnell. Moreover Professor McConnell is a very kind, and gracious person. She is distinguished in the way that Professor McConnell teaches her students in her class.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Cancer, Time]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- My favorite cuisine Cathy S. Truett once said, “Food is essential to life, therefore make it good.” Eating is one of our daily activities, we don’t think about it but when you are eating good life is good. There are hundreds of different cuisines in the world today. I have tried some, like Mexican, Italian, and Chinese. However, my favorite is hands down African cuisine, especially Congolese cuisine that my mom majored in cooking. I love Congolese cuisines because I grew up eating it, it doesn’t require too many ingredients, and it has a true naturally delicious test.... [tags: Cooking, Food, African cuisine, Africa]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- Executive Summary As we enter the 21st century, the world is full of opportunities for entrepreneurs. The opportunity is what many entrepreneurs chase after. Just the idea of starting a business excited them. Entrepreneurs are people who have characteristics of a high need for achievement, a willingness to take moderate risk, strong self-confidence, and a passion for the business. We all question what is the best age for getting started. There is really no simple answer to that question. Most businesses require some background knowledge.... [tags: essays research papers]
3211 words (9.2 pages)
- 1. Attend as many training seminars, conferences and workshops as possible, especially pertaining to people skills. Congratulations. You’ve reached a managerial position. It’s critical now to keep yourself up to date with the latest skills and constantly develop your talents. There are literally thousands of training opportunities available to you on a daily basis throughout our country, take advantage of them. 2. Attend trainings as a group to enhance your learning experience. Research indicates that if you attend a training with a friend, co-worker or your entire team, it dramatically enhances the learning experience.... [tags: Time management, Procrastination, Learning]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- “Teachers, please release your students to their Advisory class,” the speaker announces to all of the eighth hour classes. As I open the wooden door and leave the physics room, other classroom doors slam open and students rush out into the hall. Some of them, including me, plan to attend the pep rally that day, while others plan on the sudden flood of “doctor’s appointments,” releasing them from this school activity. Upon entering my Advisory classroom and then continuing on to the assembly, I can notice the sudden decrease in the number of students.... [tags: Education, Student, The Assembly, High school]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- In “Should Everyone Go to College?” Isabel Sawhill and Stephanie Owen make a strong valid point on whether or not college is for everyone. For many students ready to leave high school, wondering whether they should attend college is an issue that may lay heavy on one teenagers mind. There are a few factors that could be a difficult decision depending on a person’s goal they are working towards. Some students jump right into the workforce after high school. Others may sign up for the military after graduation.... [tags: Higher education, University, High school]
1094 words (3.1 pages)