Knowledge and Understanding
One aspect of deeper understanding that I took from this class was just how involved accounting really is. Everything is so detailed. I actually was not aware that there were so many different steps in the accounting procedure. Take inventory for example, I did not know how much was involved in keeping track of the amount of inventory that a company acquires and sells. Before coming into this class, I thought it was just a straightforward procedure of buying in selling.
Another tidbit of knowledge that I have acquired form this class came from chapter thirteen. Everything about the stock shares was pretty foreign to me, but it was interesting to learn about. My family runs a C Corporation, but I had never really taken the time to research how the shareholder information worked. Because of this class, I now have a better understanding about how my mother and father, who are the only two shareholders of the organization, divided the shares of the company. While the knowledge does not really have m...
... middle of paper ...
...lass. Items that I knew basically nothing about like inventory depreciation now have a place in my mind. Perhaps I will never use the knowledge, but I like the fact that it is there. As I said earlier, you never know what is going to happen. There may come a time that I will be able to impress my boss by using the knowledge that I have gained in this class, or who knows, I may use the knowledge in a future business that I own.
I feel that on my end, this course can be considered a success. I am glad that I was able to learn something. I know that I will be able to apply the skills and knowledge that I have acquired in this class to my future endeavors. Is that not the goal that we all should strive to reach? Yes, it is. My hope is that every class that I take will give me skills and knowledge that I can apply to my future endeavors.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The lack of formal education in the area of finances leaves student’s entering college as well as the work force ill prepared for the grim reality of loans. Canada and North America more generally have a loan system that is not keeping up with rising tuition and is leaving students needing leans from banking institutions with very little understanding of how any loan works. This essay will outline the current state of student loans in Canada and what the current consequences for this structure are.... [tags: Debt, Money, Inflation, Loan]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- As an aviation student at Arizona State University on the Polytechnic campus, I know a lot about aviation and the changes that are occurring in the industry. Even though I ‘m only a sophomore at Arizona State University. It’s also my second semester in my new major, Aeronautical Management Technology (Professional Flight). As a flight student I have to keep up with current events in aviation. This is because the aviation industry is such a dynamic and ever changing environment. If there is major changes in the industry then my initial flight and ground training changes as well to comply and satisfy the requirements of the job environment.... [tags: Aircraft, Airline, Air safety, Airport]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- Before I come to the United State as an exchange student, I lived in Thailand. I was also born in Thailand. I was always wanted to get the experiences in other country. I am so lucky that my parents are supporting me. Some of my friends, they are also want to study abroad but their parents did not agree with. I could not be here if my parents did not support me and give me suggestions. I came to U.S. in the senior year but my school put me in junior because they could not let me graduate if I will be study in this school just 1 year.... [tags: High school, Education, Teacher, Lacrosse]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- Background A student at the Sam Houston State University in Huntsville by the name of Randy Garner discovered that there was an affective way to get people to do what you wanted, without being too abrasive. Through the help of a couple experiments Garner discovered that a person could get a higher percentage of people to complete a task with the simple use of a personalized Sticky Note. Garner’s first experiment was with a group of 150 professors who he broke up into three groups of 50. Garner then sent the three groups a survey to complete.... [tags: Maslow's hierarchy of needs, Employment, Need]
706 words (2 pages)
- Being a sophomore student as California State University Fullerton in CNSM 100 has been peculiar to this very day. In the first week of the course, I thought that this class was going to be completely tedious since it is geared towards freshman. I however, was proven wrong. This class has allowed me to grow more as a lifelong learner and a student by providing me different methods to measure myself as a learner. Additionally, this class instructed me many ways that I can improve my organization and time management with my courses that was reinforced with a knowledgeable peer mentor.... [tags: Goal, Management, Learning, Term]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- I am a nursing student at Penn State University. I study diseases, and what they do to the body. I make flash cards to help me memorize the symptoms. This year I started my clinical rounds at a local nursing home. I had never seen a nursing home before. In my head, I pictured a hotel-like place, with old people rolling around in wheelchairs saying “good morning” to the nurses. I pictured a big room where they would go to play checkers and watch black and white films. I pictured a nursing home like they are depicted in movies.... [tags: Death, Patient, Medicine, Illness]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- With this semester being my first at Pensacola State College, it has gave me the opportunity to compare it to other schools I have been enrolled in. Currently, I am over half way done the semester, but during the course of it, I have gained a great amount of knowledge that I do not believe that I would of got at another college. Pensacola State College has been great in every aspect, from the online schooling to registration, which made becoming a student here seamless. Registering for classes at Pensacola State College was as easy as could be.... [tags: Online, Courses]
556 words (1.6 pages)
- INTRODUCTION As a student at San Jose State University (SJSU), I understand that it is very hard for students to change their field of study. If science students want to change to art majors, they may have to start over because each field has specific skills and requirements. Therefore, it will take a lot of time to build them again, especially the discourse community. From the handout, “Preparing for the DI”, a discourse community is “a group of people who share specialized uses of language that enable them to participate in working, playing, studying, or socializing for a common purpose” (Judnick).... [tags: Art, Visual arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts]
1685 words (4.8 pages)
- There are many advantages to attending a small college when you choose to further your academic journey: cheaper tuition, lower teacher-student ratio, as well as, guaranteed placement into a four year college upon completion. However, the gross discrimination between resources made available to full time students as opposed to those made available to part time, working, nontraditional students, overshadows the benefits, and this is the reason students consider spending their educational dollars at other institutions.... [tags: Argumentative Essay, Persuasive Essay]
1293 words (3.7 pages)
- Furthering one’s education beyond high school level should be a benefit rather than a burden. Many people believe it is the key to social mobility and an opportunity to become successful. However, with the increasing tuition of institution of higher education, students find it rather hard to decide whether continuing their education is beneficial. Most people will agree that furthering your educational career is beneficial, whether it is to move up to a higher class or just nurturing the minds.... [tags: Student Aid, State Legislature]
920 words (2.6 pages)