Pursuing a graduate degree is difficult, even under the best circumstances. It was a long arduous road to discover a university that would meet my needs. Juggling my multiple responsibilities of home, work, family, and now school will require motivation. I am a student first and learning is my favorite place. Maintaining motivation to complete my Masters program will be a challenge, but will be the easiest of challenges to see it through. As an educator, academics is important and as I move through tough classes and challenging assignments, I will have the experience to share with my students who may be facing similar difficulties. This camaraderie will help set the tone and perseverance needed to see my graduation date. Zimmerman noted that students who understand their strengths and weaknesses and have goals and strategies will experience success (65-66). He also notes that students who “monitor their behavior in terms of their goals and self-reflect” are likely to experience more satisfaction and “motivation to continue to improve their methods of learning” (Zimmerman 66). He reports that this type of behavior will lead to academic success and a positive outlook for their future (66). One of...
... middle of paper ...
...will create not only a sense of accomplishment, but will reinforce my motivation and efficacy.
Academic preparation begins with what is known and known well. As I reviewed my Pearson Student Success assessment, I realized that I have mastered many topics. I also noted a few shortcomings. I will need to use the tools available to increase my reading and writing levels to graduate level work. I will have to create a path from my profession of high school English teacher to graduate student so that it will reflect in my writing and my understanding of the literature and reading assignments.
Creating a plan for success allows me to circumvent any obstacles and self-doubt.
Now that I know I need to create a new path through graduate school venture will promote the success, reflection, efficacy, and preparation needed to secure my goal of earning my MA in English.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... These subjects have developed immense interest and have increased my hunger to gain more knowledge. Zeal to learn more has made me apply for master’s degree program. Learning of computer science would be incomplete without programming. During my undergrad I have learnt the programming languages C, C++, and JAVA and performed well during theory and lab examinations and scored S grades. I have also participated in Swarm Robotics workshop conducted by IIT-Bombay where we simulate the robot using code on basic c.... [tags: computer science, universary, graduate]
669 words (1.9 pages)
- Over the past four years in my career I have been a member of a rotational technical development program in which I have been offered accelerated learning experiences in manufacturing, including tactical engineering, project management and supervision. Throughout these experiences I have worked at 3 different manufacturing plants across the U.S. I have learned the strengths and opportunities at each facility and learned a great deal about myself as a leader and about the career path I want to follow.... [tags: Project management, Management, Learning]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Not For Publication “Journalists are given the privilege of shared access to the first draft of history, and some responsibility to make sense of it.”(NFP) The light that Chris masters sheds on the ethics and responsibility of investigative journalism in relation to the public and on whom the report on is explored in Not for publication. Masters’ expository discourse develops the common ‘essential objective is profit rather that saving the world.” Masters first hand experience and unearthing of the true facets that are todays investigative media, is more sinister than one would expect.... [tags: essays research papers]
1994 words (5.7 pages)
- ... I hope to find opportunities that will enhance my abilities and help to tap my full potential. I am aspiring after discover my own mind at University of Regina and applying to the pursuit in contemporary research challenges throughout my career. Furthermore, one of the noticeable challenges of humanity to satisfy our ever-growing demand for secure, clean energy. As the earth’s population is projected to reach nearly 10 billion by 2050, global energy consumption is expected to increase commensurately, with at minimum two-fold increase by 2050.To support this demand, petroleum has become one of the most important and most used fossil fuels.... [tags: graduate, environment, research]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- I was the first in my family to attend college and I am the first person to apply to a Graduate program. I am the sole individual in my large family. Unfortunately, this is true for many individuals of immigrant parents. I received my Bachelor of Arts in Biological Sciences from University of California, Santa Barbara. Education is the key to developing the future and by adopting new teaching practices to help advance the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics we are creating a positive feedback cycle that allows more individuals to pursue a higher education.... [tags: Learning, Education, Bachelor's degree, Monterey]
1057 words (3 pages)
- I always wondered if the greatest minds were born with curiosity or if their inquisitive nature developed over time. As for me, I was born curious. Nature has always fascinated me and my intimate play with it increased as I grew. At an early age of seven my interest in biological processes itself developed, which eventually grew with time into field of drug discovery and development. Even now, as a graduate student, my curiosity drives my desire to contribute to the field of drug discovery and development.... [tags: Chemistry, Molecule, DNA, Computational chemistry]
1102 words (3.1 pages)
- Statement of Purpose My decision to apply for a M.S. program at University of Southern California is driven by my aspirations to pursue a research career in the field of Electrical Engineering. This field interests me because of its formal and rigorous mathematical nature and it’s wide-ranging. Nietzsche once opined, "There are no facts only interpretations". This fits in aptly to modern day researchers. It’s only when we look beyond the obvious facts, reason out the impossible, and work towards a deeper understanding, that we go a step further and start proving or disproving; that is the true interpretation and that is what helps us constantly challenge the boundaries of knowledge.... [tags: engineering, college, mathematical, project]
693 words (2 pages)
- I come from a very academic oriented Indian family. My father, an avid reader, wanted to pursue a doctorate in biology and become a scientist, but due to family commitments, had to join business instead. My mother had a strong interest in economics and always wanted to do higher studies but she got married at a very early age, and had to instead focus on raising a family. Their dreams to get higher education were dashed, so they’ve always yearned for their children to achieve our goals. Due to business problems, our family went through a very hard phase, and at one stage, we were almost bankrupt.... [tags: personal statement of purpose]
575 words (1.6 pages)
- Lyrical Poet The greatest challenge for the plantation masters was treating their property with respect and charity. Like with any game the winner takes all. Those who made the first move usually prearranged the pace, and the winners of any war or contest gets to build or Vautor-Laplaceliere 10 change the policies. Since according to European history, they made the first move across the Atlantic it was only logical in their mind that they craft the rules/laws.... [tags: Slavery, United States, Atlantic slave trade]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- When I was ready to re-enter the workforce, I found that I was lacking in many skills needed for finding a position in an office. Coming to the realization that I would need to find a place for myself in the workforce was stressful enough, not to mention that I was under skilled by today's standards for an office worker. Upon searching my options, going back to school seemed like the most logical step to take, but this was a confusing time to make some very important decisions. Should I attend a public or private college.... [tags: essays research papers]
1018 words (2.9 pages)