We’ve all seen moments on media where a child gets a pet as a present. The pleasure of getting a pet as a gift is often touching and sometimes ends with tears of joy. Being able to grow up with the pet is often a emotional roller coaster. Treating the pet as if it was another human being like watching television together, playing outside on the field, or just eating dinner as a family are memories we can cherish as they grow up. Although, in terms of being able to connect with the animal emotionally and physically; we can definitely see many reasons as to why a dog is a much better pet then a cat. Simply because they can follow commands, protect you from danger, and they’re known to be loyal companions.
Any owner of a pet knows that when it comes to dogs, they can follow your commands easier then any feline pet. A trained dog can follow your instructions; like for example: stay, yes, no, come, or leave it. It might seem like basic skills, but these come in handy and definitely shows that you “wear the pants” in the relationship. On the other hand, if you were to tell a cat to do these following commands, they would probably ignore you and walk away. Cat lovers with trained cats just have to admit to the fact that it’s not easy to train a feline to respond to commands and cues. Even when it comes to swaying your feline pet with food, it’s highly unlikely that cats will follow your commands, every single time, despite their being a reward. From my personally experience, it’s nearly impossible to tell a cat to retrieve a toy. Sure, when it’s all fun in games both dogs and cats are willing to spend quality time and play. However, hoping that a cat will retrieve a toy back to it’s owner is definite...
... middle of paper ...
...rotect you from danger, and be loyal companions. After all, they are “man’s/ woman’s” best friend and has lived side by side with humans for millennia and will love you unconditionally.
Dawn, Randee. "Good Boy! Dogs Prove Loyalty When Strangers Are Mean to Their Owners."
TODAY.com. Today, 16 June 2015. Web. 11 Feb. 2016.
"Dog Credited with Saving Baby 's Life in Portland."
WFSB 3 Connecticut. WFSB (Meredith Corporation), 07 Nov. 2012. Web. 10 Feb. 2016.
Freedman, Wayne. "Guide Dog Saves Trainers from Out-of-control Car in San Rafael."
ABC7 San Francisco. ABC Inc., 12 June 2013. Web. 10 Feb. 2016.
Hartwell, Sarah. "Are Dogs More Faithful Than Cats?"
Messybeast. Messybeast, 2001. Web. 11 Feb. 2016.
"Ten Reasons Why Dogs Make Better Pets Than Cats!"
Pets4homes. Pets4Homes, 06 Feb. 2016. Web. 10 Feb. 2016.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Pets can be very both physically and emotionally beneficial to their owners. Living with and caring for them can also be a great experience and very entertaining. Even browsing YouTube, thousands of pet owners record their little friend's amusing tricks and humorous incidents to share with the world. Although these videos or pictures can encourage your desire for a similar companion, many details to keeping an animal of that sort may not be evident. There is a huge variety of species available, from tarantulas to munchkin cats, with many ways to obtain them, but not everyone can handle a giant arachnid or endure changing kitty litter.... [tags: Pets]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- Cats and dogs are seen to be the most popular household pets in the world. Because of their popularity, people would always compare these two pets to each other. But which makes a better pet. I used to have cats when I was a kid and I had a lot of them. I also had a dog, a family dog, but he stayed outside and I did not really pay attention to him. My cats died when I was nine or ten. I got tired of taking care of them so I stopped adopting one. I didn’t really know the differences between cats and dogs until I had my own dog.... [tags: popular household pets]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- Cats and dogs are the most popular pets in the world. Cats versus dogs are a debate that just rages on even if cat lovers know that their little sweethearts swept to victory long ago. Their inspired playfulness and independent, beautiful spirit say enough. Even some die-hard dog lovers have inched toward the feline side, drawn by their low-maintenance lifestyle and excellent lap decorations. Dogs are considered to be man’s best friend. Even though they are both caring animals, dogs and cats have their differences.... [tags: exotic coats, woof, bark]
597 words (1.7 pages)
- Dogs and cats are the most popular pets in the whole world. Even though they’re both very popular, they are different in many ways. Some people gravitate towards the calmness of a cat, while others seek the companionship of a dog. Cats are a lot more independent and less expensive. Cats don’t require nor do they want to be trained to be a house pet. Dogs on the other hand are very loyal and will act as your best friend. Dogs require more attention and training to be a well behaved family member.... [tags: popular pets, animals, dog, cat]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Is It A Better Choice to Keep Cats or Dogs. Nowadays a lot of people have pets at home since they are solitary. Pets can help them to release stress, and enhance their moods. Several studies show the people who have pets live longer than people who don’t. Pets can also help them to build their responsibility and patience. When teenagers spend time with pets, they learn the way to take care of others. There is no doubt that cats and dogs are two of the most popular pets in the world since they are easy to raise and they are adorable.... [tags: Dog, Predation, Cat, Neutering]
1682 words (4.8 pages)
- When you talk to pet owners about owning a cat versus a dog, it stirs up much controver-sy in many ways. By looking at both cats and dogs, the cat outweighs the dog in many ways, which makes the cat the superior selection when making a final decision on which one to get. Cats have very desirable qualities that make them an award winning choice to many owners. The qualities that appeal to most are the ability of the cat to live in small spaces, they do not eat large amounts of food for their meals, and they are very sedentary and independent in nature making them a low maintenance pet.... [tags: Cat, Predation, Dog, Theobromine poisoning]
1321 words (3.8 pages)
- There are many reasons to get a pet. You could choose to get a pet for a companion, or simply to add to your family. Many older folk choose to get a pet after they retire or lose their spouse so they do not feel lonely. Many young couples choose to get a pet before they opt to have children, and many families add a pet to their home for their children. The question is though, what type of pet to get. Do you get a cat, or a dog. Having a dog as a pet over a cat is much more enjoyable and beneficial to your life, specifically because of their behavior, convenience, and loyalty.... [tags: Pets, Loyalty]
658 words (1.9 pages)
- There is an abundance of facts and opinions buzzing around the internet about the health benefits of a homemade raw diet for pets versus feeding dry kibble. It is implied that many studies have been done for dry kibble and canned food, but a lack thereof when it comes to studies for homemade and raw diets. However, homemade and raw diets are becoming more popular today because of the fact people are becoming more aware of the dangers that commercial pet food can bring upon their pets. Low quality commercial pet food can lead to health problems, yet an improperly balanced homemade diet can be just as detrimental.... [tags: canned food, dry kibble, animal diet]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- A mom drives home from work around four p.m. on the major road in her hometown and stops at a light that turns red. While passing the time, she scans the immediate area, finding a large black truck sitting next to her. In the bed of the truck is a golden retriever, panting happily and alert. She cannot help smiling. The light turns green, and the cars shuffle as everyone accelerates. At the next red light, the car in front of the woman and to the right has a small, tan terrier head sticking out of the back window, tongue out.... [tags: animals, health, pet ownership]
1553 words (4.4 pages)
- Americans as a culture take as they see fit, in almost everything we do, this action of taking is what our country was ultimately founded on when the Europeans took the land we now call The United States of America. This grievously includes exotic animals, and in a more glamorized spotlight the exotic cat, for their private ownership. Americans glamorize owning exotic animals and associate the magnificent pet with a higher social and financial status. Simply one high profile example is in the movie The Hangover, released in 2009, towards the beginning of the movie, the viewer is introduced to what is later revealed to be Mike Tysons very large Bengal tiger.... [tags: animals, exotic animals]
1180 words (3.4 pages)